2.5 weeks out post-op with random of pain near stomach/ribs

Options
BStruble2
BStruble2 Posts: 62 Member
I'm sure I'm just being paranoid. There is no rhyme or reason really to when I get them. Feels kind of achey. I'm just terrified of being in that 1% that has a complication.

Talk me down :)

Replies

• Tristaan
    Tristaan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I had the GB surgery and if I remember correctly, there were some weird phantom pains if I moved wrong for the first several weeks. Nothing too crazy, but something I noticed. I kept an eye out for signs and symptoms of infection - redness, swelling, persistent worsening pain, and all the other things on the list they gave me that said Call Immediately if any of these happen... :wink: If in doubt, call the surgeons office. I know you don't want to seem like a bother, but you know they've probably heard every little question before. It's probably just the normal healing process, but it might make you feel better to hear that from a professional. I'd definitely bring it up during your follow ups, which I imagine would be pretty frequent so soon after surgery.
  • BStruble2
    BStruble2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • AngieViolet
    AngieViolet Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I had a weird internal stitch or SOMETHING! Every once in a while I felt a dull ache or a stabbing pain. I let my dr know and it went away after about 4 weeks.
  • swtpea48
    swtpea48 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Doc told me it was completely normal and from were the stomach was removed.
  • decruisers
    decruisers Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I felt a sharp pain right under my left rib...called the doctor and he said that sometimes he wil hit the rib bone with the camera and that my exercising probably aggravated it and to back off the exercises till the bruising had more time to heal...always call, there is no question to small ;)