Dimples where I don't want them

Options
Anybody out there fighting cellulite? I have NO IDEA how to get rid of it. Squats, lunges, step ups...all of that ain't working...and I'm so frustrated!!!

Any tips?

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    As I've lost weight and started lifting heavy, mine has pretty much gone away. At least the majority of it.
  • rdkstar
    rdkstar Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I agree. The more weight I lost, the less noticeable they are. I would even say that there gone.
  • Gabrielgirl
    Gabrielgirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have lost weight, have been lifting consistently for months, use scrubs and "brush" the areas as directed by a medical professional to try and break down the fat deposits...still dimpled. Any ideas that maybe I haven't thought to try?
  • annherrin
    annherrin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I hear that genetics play a huge role in cellulite, unfortunately. The only way to get rid of it is to actually have it taken out by surgeries or other forms of removal. You can diminish and shrink the look of cellulite by eating clean, building muscle, and staying hydrated. I hear having a tan makes cellulite less noticable, but I am VERY pale and don't tan, so I wouldn't know much about that!
  • wishfullthinking79
    wishfullthinking79 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I have found it is hard for me to get that desired tone look in my legs.
  • CJewel22
    CJewel22 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have struggled with cellulite my entire life! I finally was able to get rid of it when I took a HARD, honest look at my diet. Once I cleaned up my diet, my cellulite went away! Carbonated drinks, sodium, processed foods and not drinking enough water all make mine worse and more noticeable. The hardest for me to quit were my drinks. Caffeine is a natural diuretic so instead of drinking a ton of sugar, I go get me unsweet teas and drink them during the day. Just be sure you are drinking as much water as you are tea (or anything else). You can work out all day but if your diet isn't where it needs to be, you are just spinning your wheels.
  • ressapowell
    ressapowell Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is basically pockets of fat stored in your body and is hard to get rid of. Here are some tips on how to help with the appearance of cellulite. First you have to burn fat, eating healthy is 80% of weight loss but doing cardio in 30 minute intervals really helps burn more calories. Second massage and lotion your problem areas daily to help improve the appearance and break up the fatty tissue, I suggest a moisturizing lotion. Also scrub your skin daily, you shed a layer of skin every 24 hours and by helping this skin shed you will minimize the appearance of skin blemishes and even stretch marks.
  • wantoldme
    wantoldme Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have a question about the dimples on the lower back sometimes called "venus dimples". I have them but don't understand why they are there or why people want them.
  • wantoldme
    wantoldme Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    ?