any tips on how to be active at work or suggestions on what one can do at ones desk?

Options
EllenFlickner
EllenFlickner Posts: 32 Member
any tips on how to be active at work or suggestions on what one can do at ones desk? Just trying to be as active as I can, but its tough...any suggestion be GREAT!

At work....I find its tough to stay active, especially since my job ties me to a desk for 8 to 10 hours and it isn't always easy to a stroll outside since for the most part I work a second into third shift...so been searching to find things that I can do here at work in-between performing my job. I am hoping these things will assist in losing weight I want and to keep myself moving...

few of the things I'm trying:

Lunges
jogging in place
wall push-ups
squats
desk puch-ups
leg lifts
bicep curls (no weights)
On breaks (I jog up some stairs or walk quickly to cafe)

Was wondering if by any chance anyone else has any ideas or thoughts of moves that I could add to what I can do here at work when I find myself waiting for stuff.

Replies

• elsiesnow
    elsiesnow Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My workplace now is pretty active, but when I used to work a desk job, one friend had a little bicycle pedal thing under her desk so she could keep her legs moving while she was working on the pc. It was very small and compact, maybe you could find something like that?

Can you ask to have a standing desk at your work? Or maybe sit on one of those balancing balls? You could build your core muscles as well as work out a little with it.
  • Jaxxy01
    Jaxxy01 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Luckily my job is active as well but whenever I do find the need to sit in front of a computer I make a point of pulling my belly button in and out towards my spine essentially flexing my stomach muscles as though you're doing a sit up without laying down. Do it long enough and you'll actually 'feel the burn'
  • crpoll5
    crpoll5 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    There is an app called Sworkit which is awesome! I use it every hour. Shut and lock my door and do a 5 minute challenge every hour.
  • Mama_cc
    Mama_cc Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Plank app...love my plank app!!