Help Ketoers, LCHF, help!

Options
2»

Replies

• slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Even though your diary isn't recording sugars, there are a lot of things in your diary that I am sure have AS. For example, start by removing the following: Chocolate Mug Cake, Atkins Caramel bars, Protein shake (Banana Flavored), low carb PB, Caesar dressing. I would start with removing those items and replacing them with real food. Meats, fish, veggies, berries.
    Swap the brie out for a hard cheese. Swap out the tomato, for broccoli, spinach, cauliflower.

Try to wean yourself of sweets. I removed artificial sugars and noticed a significant improvement in my hunger/satiety and improved weight loss. Also rather than a burger from McDs or Burger King, buy real ground beef and cook up a bunch of burgers, freeze them so you can grab one, then microwave it for quick eats.
    Swap those things out for a week. I think you will see a difference. Good luck.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    The lack of energy can be from a lack of sodium too! I was LCHF for months before I finally gave in and increased the sodium to a daily 4000mg of sodium everyday. I've felt better ever since. If I slack off for a day I will pay for it! Your success has been amazing so far! I hope you can find what helps you feel better, but I can guarantee that carbs aren't the answer! They will make you feel better for a bit, then you're back on the sugar/insulin rollercoaster that leads to increased cravings for more. I am one who hasn't had a high carb cheat anything (except last week while in Jamaica on vacation) since beginning almost a year ago. I don't even see them as food options anymore, just like @Sunny_Bunny_ does! Good luck!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Lisokinha wrote: »
    How long have you been LCHF? Also, what are your macros? What are your goals/ and weight, height? @Sunny_Bunny_

I have been Keto for 11 months. I aim for 20g total carbs (I don't do net), some days I have 5g, some days I have 25g, but my average is about 15...
    Average fat is about 95g and protein around 60g.
    There is variation within 10g on everything from day to day. I just stopped logging food this week though in preparation for the April challenge.
    I started in May at 165lbs, I'm 5'4" and my current trend weight is about 136. My goal weight is 126, but at this point, I'm really just wanting the rest of my belly and inner thigh fat to hit the road. Don't care what the scale says. If those get better and the scale stays or even goes up, I don't care.
  • Lisokinha
    Lisokinha Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wooowwww @Sunny_Bunny_ you have had major AchievementS! Thats so awesome! Do you exercise?
  • Lisokinha
    Options
    @slimzandra thank u so much for your answer! You know, you are right, I should stop trying the work around foods, however, I have been having such a hard time cooking the foods for keto, because all of them seem to me to be filled with carbs and hidden stuff. Those recipes I got from keto website (the mug cake keto), the Pb I use is just for my shake after riding my bike to work as I don't eat anything prior to it. It says on the label zero sugar, and trust me it tastes terrible by itself.. Definetely I've been lacking good real food as said I am lost on the cooking side... Any tips?
  • Lisokinha
    Options
    @Karlottap, thank you. I know I've made a lot of progress, but the problem is I'm not doing any right now, I just seem tired, stressed and hopeless. For instance, I am having a bunch of friends over for easter lunch (I'm living in Brazil now,therefore the "lunch") and I'm cooking things I won't eat, but here we have the giant chocolate easter eggs, which everyone gives to everyone, plus they will be bringing lots of drinks... If I drink I will probably trow down the drain all the effort I have been putting the last few weeks since I got back into keto, but since I NEvEr drink, I feel like a miserable life not being able to have some fun every now and then with them you know? I don't even go out anymore in order to not have drinks or bad food... But NEver seems so much...
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I am horribly inconsistent with exercise. I start something and quit within a few weeks at best. But I've done that off and on since May. My most consistent effort was walking. But, even while doing that, I was only averaging 6000 steps a day on my tracker. I'm back to that average right now just by making an effort to sit less often when I'm not busy.
    Ive never found a form of exercise that I actually look forward to for very long. I enjoyed my morning walks pretty well until it started to get chilly.
    I don't use any of those sites for recipes and I honestly think they just make things more complicated.
    I simply choose a meat, cook some veggies in butter or other good fat and that's about it.
    I might have a salad with pepperoni and cheese in it, or ham or whatever. I like olives in them too.
    Today, I'm working and didn't bring my usual avocado, cheese and pepperoni for lunch, so I got a salad at subway. Mostly spinach with Tina salad, black olives, a little olive oil and provolone cheese.
    I also like to make crestless pizza. You just put cheese on parchment, top with garlic powder or Italian seasoning and whatever meat or veggies you want and broil it til the cheese is golden on top and usually brown on the edges.
    When it cools a bit you can just tear off pieces to eat. You can also drop a little pizza sauce on it before cooking. Or dip it in sauce. Or just skip it and save the carbs.