I'm laughing at myself.

Options
WholeFoods4Lyfe
WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
I waited to long to eat today. I forgot to pack my lunch so I went to the market and bought a rotisserie chicken. I brought it back to my office and pretty much devoured half of it with my bare hands. I'm feeling very sated now, but I must have been quite the site, luckily my office is in a back corner where not many people walk by.

What kinds of things have you done following this WOE that could be considered laughable?

Replies

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Same thing Sunday after lunch...I went in for a few things, came out with a whole chicken!! I wondered if it was a good choice for this WOE...but as hungry as I was and the Smell just kept calling my name...lol
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Loving Rotisserie chicken. Great choice for this WOE.
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea! I'll have to remember that if I ever forget my lunch.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Right after the gym and a pretty tough workout today, I ran by Albertsons. Among my mini haul was 2lb of salami. Not having had breakfast, I drove home with the salami package on my dashboard, stuffing slices in my mouth periodically.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I do that but usually end up dipping my pieces in melted butter, and after a high activity day, I can easily gorge on half of one or more....
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Funny looks when I strip the contents out of sandwiches/ rolls and ditch the breads, even if we are lucky and the bread is amazing artisan rolls.

Ham n cheese or salmon are common fillings in The Netherlands for lunches, if we work through lunch and are provided lunch in the meeting room.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Went to a pot luck where there was dry pulled barbeque and I got a heaping plate of only barbeque. Someone said they thought I was watching what I ate. I told them it was all in my view.

The nice thing on this WOE I can pig out without the negatives that came when I was doing the same with carbs. I think sometimes my body is calling for protein when this happens. One thing I have to watch is potluck meals can be 100% sugar coated.

The high carb desserts typically are endless in number but they stopped calling me after the first month of eating < 50 grams of carbs daily.

Seriously almost 100% of the time now I can find something that is awesome for my WOE when ever and where ever. I keep bags of bunk organic cashews and macadamia nuts from Krogers bulk food aisle. Because I take Wobenzym (systemic enzymes) a few times a day my eating time windows are not totally flexible so the nuts come in handy. I do not eat 2 hours before taking Wobenzym or one hour afterwards.

One plus on this Way of Eating is I can go 9-12 hours without eating if needed and still function unlike when I was living on carbs.
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Lol! I really want some rotisserie chicken now!
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    At one time I would eat cream cheese like a candybar...
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    @SamandaIndia , I do the same, all the time.

@GaleHawkins, I found the same freedom from cravings, in an office environment stuffed with constant carbs! I too find I can delay eating much longer now then ever before in my life. If I forget to bring lunch, and get too busy to go out, I am never tempted to hit the break room carb stocks.

I like the cream cheese idea @dulcitonia , as we get bagel breakfasts 2x a week with creamcheese provided.

If I feel like I need a little "something"....I grab a packet of mayonnaise from the kitchen and will have that as a booster-snack! I try not to be observed doing that...but no shame in my keto game!
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm new to this, but does eating straight cream cheese right out of the package count?

Edit: Oh wait, someone said that already. :p
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm new to this, but does eating straight cream cheese right out of the package count?

So maybe it isn't so weird :D
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    i dipped my rotisserie chicken into guacamole last week....
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Plenty of those days consuming an entire jar of coconut manna (butter), 5,000+kcals...I laugh exceptionally hard when I wake up even lighter the next day. Chalk it up to malabsorption & possibly thermogenic effect of food. I don't get the same results when eating an entire block of cheese though
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    dulcitonia wrote: »

So maybe it isn't so weird :D

Yes it is weird but it is so good. :)
  • SamandaIndia
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    i dipped my rotisserie chicken into guacamole last week....

I ordered a side of bacon strips and my husband ordered the guacomole which comes with corn/nachos chips. Waitress asked if I wanted more of a starter and was bemused when we shared the guacomole. He used chips to scoop it. I used the crispy bacon. Yum!!
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Funny looks when I strip the contents out of sandwiches/ rolls and ditch the breads, even if we are lucky and the bread is amazing artisan rolls.

Ham n cheese or salmon are common fillings in The Netherlands for lunches, if we work through lunch and are provided lunch in the meeting room.

I do the same, and we have the same fillings here. But at least I don't get the same funny looks as my poor colleague who has severe food allergies. She often just brings a little bag of her own food. She gets harassed relentlessly, it's done jokingly, but it's quite mean, and people complain about it behind her back. It's so unfortunate and makes me so angry. It's only the men who do this and it's like they see her as a weak easy target. Not cool at all.
  • suesuarez
    suesuarez Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    @PaleoInScotland Next time the men start that up, change the topic to penis size. Anything random like you read in an article that males who ate large amounts of (blank) as children suffer from low self-esteem due to an arrested growth and development in genitalia, particularly the penis.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    suesuarez wrote: »
    @PaleoInScotland Next time the men start that up, change the topic to penis size. Anything random like you read in an article that males who ate large amounts of (blank) as children suffer from low self-esteem due to an arrested growth and development in genitalia, particularly the penis.

Bahahawahaha. :D Almost spit my coffee out over that one. LOL
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    suesuarez wrote: »

Bahahawahaha. :D Almost spit my coffee out over that one. LOL

Ditto. V funny.