Jenny's Journey

Options

Replies

• arnottr3
    arnottr3 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I hope your foot heals soon! Swimming is great for weight off the joints. Don't feel discouraged. 13.5 pounds is awesome. Plus just think awhile ago you were in the 260s and now your in the 240s. Before you know it you'll be in the 230s. Good luck JB :)
  • JBsJazz
    JBsJazz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You are right Jodie.... Definitely need to look at it differently as I am still making progress!
    Weighed on a different scale yesterday and got home today on my scale and was 246.5....so that was good! So total loss 14.7 pounds so far...the 230's even closer, lol.
    Thanks for the good thoughts. They help so much!!!
  • arnottr3
    edited March 2016
    Options
    14.7 thats awesome! Can't wait to be there too. Hard work pays off :)
  • emshields1
    emshields1 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Jenny you may need to get some insoles made for your feet. I had some done this winter. I have lot's of issues with my back and I believe the insoles have really helped in that area. I will also tell you that they made my feet hurt for awhile but I think I am better overall. I am sorry about your issues....keep pushing....I know you can make this happen.
  • JBsJazz
    Options
    2/07/16 Start wt #261.2
    2/14/16 Week 2- #257
    2/21/16 Week 3- #256
    2/28/16 Week 4-#253.8
    3/06/16 Week 5-#253
    3/13/16 Week 6- #248
    3/20/16 Week 7- #249. (+1.0)
    3/27/16 Week 8-#248 (-1.0)
    4/03/16 Week 9-#249 (+1.0)

Total loss of 12.2 pounds......(but last 3 weeks up/down/up)

I was around the 245-246 mid week , but traveling, visiting friends, dinners out, alcohol and unusual high sodium intake really made things challenging. I think I have a significant water retention that added to weight this week, besides calories. (Chinese food, Mexican food, margaritas). I am back to gently walking 1-1.75 miles so no real cardio aerobic exercise. I did walk 3 times (I was doing 6 times per week) My foot is still a factor. I have worn orthotics since last year and did replace them the day after my injury thinking that may help.
    I have a work travel week to Phoenix April 17th. This will be a high stress situation of new job, new people, new learning areas..I am going to have to seriously adjust my mindset and incorporate overall better choices for me and increase my awareness of what feels good for me. Take care of me under stress and out of my zone. Make it a point to keep exercising during travel.

A good note- April 1st my first Grand baby born! Riley Ann
  • PrimalJillian
    PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I hear ya with the chinese and mexican foods! Why are so many americanized ethnic foods loaded with sodium? It's really unfortunate!

Congrats on the grandbaby!
  • emshields1
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!! The work travel week will go good, just keep yourself in mind!
  • arnottr3
    Options
    Congratulations :)
  • JBsJazz
    edited April 2016
    Options
    2/07/16 Start wt #261.2
    2/14/16 Week 2- #257
    2/21/16 Week 3- #256
    2/28/16 Week 4-#253.8
    3/06/16 Week 5-#253
    3/13/16 Week 6- #248
    3/20/16 Week 7- #249. (+1.0)
    3/27/16 Week 8-#248 (-1.0)
    4/03/16 Week 9-#249 (+1.0)
    4/10/16 Week 10-#245.5 (-3.5) o:)

-15.7 pounds total :)

Okay- yippie! I did really good with sticking to my food plan and adjusting when necessary to meet my total average calories for the week. I also walked 6 days and gently pushed my self...I think I shaved 60-85 seconds off my average mile time. My goals this week are to stay the course. Changing my whole mindset to saying " I am an athlete " (helped with my speed).
    This week I would like to transition to early morning (6AM) workouts....including planks -haha. :# Yes! Also, need a little mindfulness on turning off TV during meals....kind of sliding back into that with the open kitchen/LR and cooking with TV on its easy to just continue watching.

3 weeks left my friends- lets go all out strong!!! .....I'm getting out of these 40's!
  • arnottr3
    Options
    Woohoo! You go girl! :)
  • emshields1
    Options
    3.5# WOW!!!!! Congratulations!!! And good job. I slipped back into the TV thing last week also. TV Bad...walking good! Good job!
  • JBsJazz
    Options
    So omg on my weight gain (like 7 pounds) this past week. I think half water retention and then the other half real. I did good getting 3 walks in, made good breakfast choices but working with people that don't eat all day until 7 pm by then I was starving and ordered out of control. I did try to not beat myself up over it. Will do better this coming work travel week...in Vegas :# lol. No really....
    This new job learning curve with 12-16 hour days, travel, constant hunch over pc is hard on my body. I need better self-care...make it priority. I will definitely drink my water this trip!! Lesson learned.
  • PrimalJillian
    PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    How are you doing, Jenny? Are you having any struggles or NSVs that you want to share?
  • JBsJazz
    Options
    What are NSVs.....? I've been thinking too hard lately!
    I have been struggling travel/new job....I need to figure out a new time table and routine. Hopefully I am home now after today and with better focus I can make adjustments with all the changes...
    I need to do this, even just small positive choices each day....
  • JBsJazz
    Options
    246# today. A gain of 1 pound. The result of not grocery shopping, no food plan and working 12 hour days. Today my goal is to drink plenty of water and fluids. Go grocery shopping after I make a menu plan. A simple plan with lots of fresh veggies. Just having good choices around the house will help a lot. Add back in to my day walking, taking stretch breaks from working.
    I think committing to a Sunday or Monday post for our group this summer with current weight and any update might be all we (our group of 3 for the summer) are up to with all the increased summer adventures and schedules. We can each make our own weekly individual challenge (as much or little we want to do....can be simple as to just maintaining weight, or getting a family active activity in on weekends to teach good healthy fun choices for the family.) post on our own thread so no one needs to feel burdened to "lead" the group. I think this would work for me until the time everyone is ready to get back to a more formal challenge and weigh ins.
    Have a great week everyone!! Tell me your proudest moment this week on your post:)
  • JBsJazz
    Options
    243.0#. Did good during the week, this week end was tough with company and eating out. Happy overall I am down
  • emshields1
    Options
    Great job!!! Life's ups and downs but you are still down. That is awesome progress!
  • JBsJazz
    Options
    Okay. I'm into the job now and no more excuses are acceptable for not enjoying some daily exercise or movement. So my goal this week will be an after dinner walk or happy dance. Keep it simple, keep it fun!
  • JBsJazz
    Options
  • emshields1
    Options
    Hey how is it going with the dinner walk and the happy dance?