Just saying hello

Options
catbrand
catbrand Posts: 227 Member
Hi everyone! Love the group already, thanks for all the advice I've already picked up from browsing the posts.

I've just started LCHF, I tried atkins about 10 years ago, but only lasted 2 weeks due to difficulties preparing my own food while I was living at home and also not having the resources I do now. However, I know it works and I'm keen to give LCHF another chance because I successfully lost 90lbs using mfps method a few years ago but have managed to gain 48lbs back and I've been feeling miserable and struggle with low calorie diets because I like rules and end up lacking energy.

I've just cooked up a huge crust less quiche for my breakfasts for the next week, with lots of eggs, cheese and meat. It's delicious and only 2.5 carbs per slice. Can't wait to have it with avocado!

Looking forward to reading more from you guys and also seeing some results!

Cat.

Replies

• slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Hi Cat
    Welcome back. Sounds like you are off to a great start. Let's do this!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Great group to learn from here!
  • ladylambeau
    ladylambeau Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome! In my short experience so far, I've learned that (at least for myself), the MOST important thing I can do is prep food in advance. If I don't have LC options I can grab FAST while I'm flying out the door, I'm bound to mess up. Sounds like you're off to a great start!

I've also been really motivated using Instagram - i created a separate account from my personal one and found a lot of low carb/keto-ers to follow who post photos daily of their food/meals/snacks. I've gotten a lot of great ideas that way!
  • BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Your crustless quiche sounds great!
  • catbrand
    catbrand Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the welcomes! Ladylambeau, I've just opened an instagram account and it looks great, definitely lots of motivational stuff on there too.

Well day 1 is complete... I'm still here, still smiling and I even managed to get my husband to eat cauliflower rice!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,052 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and I'm sure you'll keep smiling! There's lots to smile about here !
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I do a crustless quiche every morning on weekdays and works out so well. In fact I make a huge batch and freeze it, thaw the night before in the fridge and voila breakfast is ready to heat up :)
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    welcome! Crust less quiche "muffins" are my go-to breakfast.