Get your golden tickets for week 4 of the Amazing Race!!!

Options
Melodieccurn
Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
edited April 2016 in Social Groups
We are now into week four almost halfway done with our Amazing Race. Hershey was indulgent but now we are off to Egypt . We will have two physical Challenges or Roadblocks. We also will have a nutritional roadblock as we always do so if your team needs the points I highly reccomend everyone doing all. Individually you could achieve 95 points this week!!!
We need to travel 6642 miles this week and these two challenges we need to do will help you get your miles in.
The first challenge is Belly Dancing!!!!
I know…. Belly Dancing?? It will be fun though. These are a series of five minute or so videos and it's a do all : no partial points. Just need to do each one once and no you don't have to be perfect just give it a try.
These are worth 40 points
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBqXxXL-6jo&sns=em

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beJstBz3jAI&sns=em

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxLIf6t2pGg&sns=em

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_pLy7Nfivg&sns=em

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iydH9s1l3wo&sns=em

The second Roadblock we are going to the pyramids. They say the Great Pyramid of Giza is the oldest and largest of the three pyramids in the Giza pyramid complex bordering what is now El Giza, Egypt. It is the oldest of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, and the only one to remain largely intact.
It is aproximately 455 feet tall or 42 stories tall. 84 flights of stairs. So you probally guessed this challenge yep we need to go up 82 flights in the course of the week. There is two sets of stairs in a normal story . So skip the elevators this week, use that stair climber . I bet you would be surprised how many you actually do in a course of a day.
This is worth 25 points!

Roadblock 3: Egyptian Food. 10 pts
No monkey brains this week.
A big part of Egyptian food is similar to our grains and vegetables.
A meal might include celery, garlic, beans, peas, nuts, lentils or lettuce. There is also evidence of olive oil. Fruits including figs, grapes and perhaps melons were also present. The meat Ancient Egyptians ate was much like the meat eaten today in northeast Africa. I also found out bush okra came from there which is found a lot in our southern gardens today . I love okra !
Nutritional challenge 10 pts

Make a list of your favorite healthy foods. Once you’ve identified what foods you love the most, you can then determine what it is about those foods you love so much. Perhaps its a particular seasoning, the texture, the color, or even the smell. Once you identify why you love it, see if you can find ways to bring out those characteristics in more nutritious ways.
Accountability 10 pts
Logging in every day for 7 days. No partial pts. We need to get back on track so back to logging in our food and exercise.

Replies

• ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Roadblock #3 - Is it one Egyptian meal over the course of the week? Or one ingredient per day? per meal?
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Not real sure about the Nutritional Challenge...is there going to be a thread like the egg recipe to list our favorite healthy foods?
    Looking forward to the belly dancing! :)
  • vazquezmom7
    vazquezmom7 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Don't have any access to stairs ir stepmaster machine. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Don't have any access to stairs ir stepmaster machine. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I don't either ... and I don't 'do' stairs because of blown out knees ... but if I were...

I'd head to the local town hall and climb the 2 flights of stairs between level 1 and level 2. Or I'd go to the local high school and climb their stairs.
  • Nikion901
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I noticied the link to Belly Dancing # 1 is missing ... here it is ...
    https://youtu.be/KBqXxXL-6jo

• Melodieccurn
    Options
    Nikion901 wrote: »
    I noticied the link to Belly Dancing # 1 is missing ... here it is ...
    https://youtu.be/KBqXxXL-6jo
    Thanks for fixing it.

• Melodieccurn
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    Roadblock #3 - Is it one Egyptian meal over the course of the week? Or one ingredient per day? per meal?
    I will take ingredient or meal whatever you want to do.
    It doesn't have to be a certain amount of times just an honest try to eat the foods .
  • leannev68
    leannev68 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    Not real sure about the Nutritional Challenge...is there going to be a thread like the egg recipe to list our favorite healthy foods?

I was wondering the same thing.
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    leannev68 wrote: »
    hawkins410 wrote: »

I was wondering the same thing.
    There is a thread listed.
  • kaitkolo
    kaitkolo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This might be a silly question, but how many stairs are in a flight?
  • JagZag
    JagZag Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Wow, I live in the flatlands of Florida, in the woods, no stairs at my house. This is really going to be challenging!Maybe I can talk my husband into putting a ladder up for me to climb everyday!
  • JagZag
    JagZag Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    kaitkolo wrote: »

My fitbit says 10 feet is counted as a flight. Hope this helps.
  • Nikion901
    Options
    JagZag wrote: »
    kaitkolo wrote: »

My fitbit says 10 feet is counted as a flight. Hope this helps.

A typical flight of stairs has 12 steps, some have 13 ... and that is for house stairs. commercial buildings with high ceilings have more. .... If you have a flight of stairs, just count each time you climb it.

• Headrain
    Headrain Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    JagZag wrote: »
    Wow, I live in the flatlands of Florida, in the woods, no stairs at my house. This is really going to be challenging!Maybe I can talk my husband into putting a ladder up for me to climb everyday!
    I think ladder climbing gets more credit than just stairs!!
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to hide threads imm not looking at any more like ticket 2 week, or just ones that were from a couple weeks ago? I find it's getting cluttered to look at
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Is there any modifying the stair climbing? I have one step on my porch I can go up and down, or the track I go to has a big steep hill. I guess if I have to, I can go up and down the stairs to my storm shelter.
  • leannev68
    leannev68 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to hide threads imm not looking at any more like ticket 2 week, or just ones that were from a couple weeks ago? I find it's getting cluttered to look at

I just be sure to add the threads/announcements I'm interested in, to my favorites by clicking on the star. Helps a bit.
  • jazzypdx
    jazzypdx Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Just "did' the stairs at work, 21 steps each, one flight at each side of the warehouse... I already had 36 flights, did it 14 times (up, across, down, up back across down, repeat - but it registered it differently - pushed me to 55. I have a townhouse/condo - 14 steps upstairs, and 5 down into a "sunken" living room. I think I am confusing the fitbit computers LOL.
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    leannev68 wrote: »

I just be sure to add the threads/announcements I'm interested in, to my favorites by clicking on the star. Helps a bit.

I will try to clean them up. I did not want to get rid of any but it is getting cluttered. The challenges will be down below in the discussions so if you are still doing one of the exercise challenges you may have to search for it if you cannot find it.
  • vazquezmom7
    vazquezmom7 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    @Melodieccurn since @bm1409 and I do not have accessto a flight of stairs, can we go up and down our porch for about 30 min. daily to make it count??