Options

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,065 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    SweeteeBri wrote: »
    Good morning Team!!

Well, I'm sticking to my workout routine and I have lost 2.4 lbs since posting my registration weight. {{{clapping}}} Now all I need to do is keep it up for the next 4 weeks...Lol.

Yay, nice loss!!!!
    SweeteeBri wrote: »
    Today's workout...

Gym Day: Strength Training!!

I did total body workout today for 45 mins.

Nice workout!!!!!!!

• GrandmaJackie
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Starting weight 142.4
    3/26 ................ 142.2 (-.2)
    Weight loss goal 12.4 pounds ;):);)

I hope you guys don't mind but my weight loss will be slow these last few pounds will bring me to my highest maintence weight. My goal is to get to 130, that's

Today we're meeting my kids and grandkids for brunch than some park time! My plan is hitting the gym early. I hope everyone has an wonderful Easter weekend!
  • memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    memery7 wrote: »
    I like the idea of challenges but with my busy schedule please don't make them be anything that has to be done at a gym. I don't have the time to make it there. I do have a dual action exercise bike at home.

I agree with you not all people have access to the gym.

Starting March 26, nutrition challenge, pick your time no eating after set time, 5/7 days. Fitness challenge - 30 mins of execise 5/7 days. You can pick which one OR do both, your choice!

Today's workout was 60 mins Arc Trainer / 60 mins Treadmill 3 mph winds/ incline of 6.5 plus 10 mins strength

I would like to do both challenges. Is there anyway that I could have two times for the nutrition challenge? The four nights that I work at night job I am serving dinner to people instead of having dinner and usually don't get a chance to eat anything until way after when I would normally eat. I thought something like 8pm on Sun., Tues., and Fri. and 9:30pm the rest of the week.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    I like the idea of challenges but with my busy schedule please don't make them be anything that has to be done at a gym. I don't have the time to make it there. I do have a dual action exercise bike at home.

I agree with you not all people have access to the gym.

Starting March 26, nutrition challenge, pick your time no eating after set time, 5/7 days. Fitness challenge - 30 mins of execise 5/7 days. You can pick which one OR do both, your choice!

Today's workout was 60 mins Arc Trainer / 60 mins Treadmill 3 mph winds/ incline of 6.5 plus 10 mins strength

I would like to do both challenges. Is there anyway that I could have two times for the nutrition challenge? The four nights that I work at night job I am serving dinner to people instead of having dinner and usually don't get a chance to eat anything until way after when I would normally eat. I thought something like 8pm on Sun., Tues., and Fri. and 9:30pm the rest of the week.

Of course, this needs to be able to fit your schedule, :)
  • SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Today is my rest day!! Hope everyone is having a wonderful Easter Sunday.
  • iamaleaf
    iamaleaf Posts: 18 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    C25K W1D3 completed! I'm debating as to whether I should just do week 1 again instead of moving to week 2, I've never really been a runner and it's been a struggle. It would be nice to be able to complete the session without getting a stitch before moving to a harder workout lol!
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    IAmALeaf wrote: »
    C25K W1D3 completed! I'm debating as to whether I should just do week 1 again instead of moving to week 2, I've never really been a runner and it's been a struggle. It would be nice to be able to complete the session without getting a stitch before moving to a harder workout lol!

I near died on day 1. Day 2 was trial and error and day 3 was a success and I actually enjoyed it.

I found I was focusing too much on speed instead of endurance and and as a result was tiring myself out too quickly which made it near imposible to finish. On day 2 I did a stretching session and a 15 minute walk BEFORE my C25K warmup. For me the 5 minute warm up embedded in the C25K program wasn't enough to get me warmed up. Because I focused more on endurance than speed I lowered my speed dramatically until I found a sweetspot that I could jog comfortably without feeling like I was going to hyperventilate while trying to catch my breath.

On day 3 I did my stretching session, followed by a 15 minute walk and then I started my 5 minute warm up in the C25K program and completed the program with the speeds I knew I could work with. I completed the program winded but under control.

For me personally the C25K program is not a running program and it won't be until I build up my endurance. It's a jogging program for now. Once I can do that I'll slowing increase my speeds until it becomes a running program I can endure.

Maybe if you tweak the program and add more stretching, warm up, slower speeds, etc you'll find the stitches will go away. If you're like me, just the movement alone is shocking my body. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm not a runner yet....but I will be! Good luck :-)
  • SweeteeBri
    Options

I near died on day 1. Day 2 was trial and error and day 3 was a success and I actually enjoyed it.

I found I was focusing too much on speed instead of endurance and and as a result was tiring myself out too quickly which made it near imposible to finish. On day 2 I did a stretching session and a 15 minute walk BEFORE my C25K warmup. For me the 5 minute warm up embedded in the C25K program wasn't enough to get me warmed up. Because I focused more on endurance than speed I lowered my speed dramatically until I found a sweetspot that I could jog comfortably without feeling like I was going to hyperventilate while trying to catch my breath.

On day 3 I did my stretching session, followed by a 15 minute walk and then I started my 5 minute warm up in the C25K program and completed the program with the speeds I knew I could work with. I completed the program winded but under control.

For me personally the C25K program is not a running program and it won't be until I build up my endurance. It's a jogging program for now. Once I can do that I'll slowing increase my speeds until it becomes a running program I can endure.

Maybe if you tweak the program and add more stretching, warm up, slower speeds, etc you'll find the stitches will go away. If you're like me, just the movement alone is shocking my body. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm not a runner yet....but I will be! Good luck :-)

Lol...day 2 was the worst for me. But when I did day 3, I found myself wanting to do it a second time...:) I agree 100% that you must focus more on endurance than speed at first. The speed will come eventually.

@IAmALeaf...I think it would be wise for you to repeat week 1 before moving on. Work at your own pace and tweak it as you see fit. I might have to do that down the road too...Lol.

@Serendipity...Wow I'm amazed at the amount of interest in this challenge. That's awesome!! If you need help with anything, just let me know. I appreciate you starting this challenge. It's so well organized. I'm here if you need me. :)
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Alright Team!!

Let's rock this challenge!!!
  • Serendipity0913
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @SweeteeBri I'm blown away at the interest too. I have over 100 names on the waiting list!!

Thanks so much for the offer. I might have to take you up on it as we progress. :-)
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    @SweeteeBri I'm blown away at the interest too. I have over 100 names on the waiting list!!

Thanks so much for the offer. I might have to take you up on it as we progress. :-)

:)Please feel free. Just let me know when you need me.

C25K: W2 D1...done!!
  • Serendipity0913
    Options
    Hi All,

I have been pleasantly surprised and very shocked at the number of people that have expressed interest in our challenge. I really dislike turning people away, especially if they are trying to better themselves by reaching out for support in helping themselves achieve health goals.

At this moment I have over 100 people on our waiting list. As a result I have created 3 more teams! This won't place them all but at least it will help 45 of them.

Because we've grown so much I am looking for a Team Captain for each team. This person should be someone that is 100% committed to not only their own success but each and every team member on the team. This must be someone that logs in DAILY.

I'll be looking to the Team Captains to ensure everyone on your team has submitted their weekly weigh-ins on or before Friday of every week. If there is a team member that is falling off the wagon, I'll be looking to you to encourage them to continue both for their own benefit as well as the team's overall weekly standing. This may require a personal message to them of encouragement or maybe just a reminder that they haven't submitted yet.

If this sounds like something you'd like to do let me know ASAP. I'd like to have Team Captains selected prior to our April 1 start date.
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited March 2016
    Options
    1. Serendipity0913 *
    2. delie63 *
    3. Naptownbabi *
    4. Emilym8705
    5. christinagillette*
    6. SweeteeBri
    7. fit_mommy64 *
    8. Grandmajackie
    9. zydeco69
    10. scottbrianna19 *
    11. kwmama49
    12. memery7 *
    13. IAmALeaf
    14. atrosper *
    15. Mlays005

I would be happy to take over that position, I gathered up a list of our time, is this everyone! The stars are all the people that still need to weigh in, :);):)
  • Serendipity0913
    Options
    Awesome! Your team captain will be GrandmaJackie

I know @SweeteeBri has offered help in the past so if you're unable to do something she's been great as a motivator in the group
  • Serendipity0913
    Options
    My weigh-in will be Friday. :-)
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Awesome! Your team captain will be GrandmaJackie

I know @SweeteeBri has offered help in the past so if you're unable to do something she's been great as a motivator in the group

I'm about to head to the gym but sometime today, I'll befriend everyone! Thursday night I'll send a friendly reminder about weigh ins, :)@SweeteeBri is an awesome team member, for sure!!!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    I sent out all the FR please if you have not received one Feel free to send me one, :)
  • memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    My weigh in is tomorrow.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    My weigh in is tomorrow.

It's all good, everyone has different weigh days, good luck tomorrow! :smiley:
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Team Big Butt Theory

Everyone has a different weigh day so this is just a friendly reminder. Please post your initial weight on the weigh-in thread on or before this Friday, April 1st! If you don't post by Friday your spot will be given to someone on the waiting list (and we DON'T WANT that to happen!!

Plus I love mini challenges to help me stay focus

I think we should continue this for another week, till next Friday.......nutrition challenge, pick your time no eating after set time....fitness challenge - 30 mins of execise...... You can pick which one OR do both, your choice!