Decorations...

Options
MsMarlaJean
MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
So I'm going to start looking into some inexpensive wall covering ideas for the place we are having our reception and thought I would check here for some possible ideas too!

Our Wedding ceremony venue is pretty picturesque so not to concerned about that, but our reception is in a pretty big, well used civic center in our small town, so I'm wanting to really try and make it look DIFFERENT and I think for part of it I may be using Burlap and blue and yellow Tulle with some sunflowers at the top and sunflower ribbon around the tulle (see picture)
hsvtxafcigcf.jpg

But I'm not sure I'll have enough to do the whole place with these...any other ideas ladies?

What--if any, ideas are you guys using for decorations?

Replies

• Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Nice! I've just started looking into some finishing touches. As ours is outside in Italy I'm hoping the view does most of that!
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    My venue has some pretty nice decor so not really planning on decorating. One thing with the tulle that my sister in law and brother had was if you can get some string (Christmas) lights and put them underneath to shine through. Will depend on power outlets and how you can hide the cords, but adds a nice effect. You can go with white if you're using colored tulle or if you can find blue/yellow lights to emphasize the colors?

Sorry. Think that's all I've got.
  • MsMarlaJean
    Options
    I'm so envious of you ladies!
    ...my ceremony is in a GREAT place where I am not gonna have any decorations (totem park and tlingit tribal house) but the reception is a whole other story...I've decorated it before for our annual Summer shoe Solestice (an auction type fundraiser for the hospital here) and that was fun, so at least I have an idea of what we can do and etc...

I am considering some Christmas lights for a Remembrance Corner with pictures of those of our families and friends who have died and will only be there in spirit :innocent:

I am also considering for the Pie table (we aren't having cake)...if I did any more I'd want to have them criss cross overhead, but not sure I can pull that off either because it's cathedral type ceilings...

I'm still open to all suggestions in case you come up with anything along the way :smile:
  • MsMarlaJean
    edited March 2016
    Options
    9vlh8qdjq8pl.jpg

This is from someone else's event, but gives an idea...
    I think I will have 10 cocktail tables and only like 6 of these bigger round tables so that will change things a bit...
    Plus I will dim the lighting a bit more for an evening cocktail party event...
    TFCC.jpg 177.3K
  • purebells
    purebells Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Floating organza like on the left of the picture would be amazing, and battery operated fairy lights. The lanterns across the room look great, especially if you are dimming the lights, you could have battery operated lights in them.

My venue has a stunning view and we are just having coloured lights up certain aspects of the walls - we are in a convention centre.