Well, I did it.

Options
I joined a gym at 6 months pregnant. Am I nuts? I did make sure the contract stated that I could freeze the membership during my maternity leave.

In the meantime, I will go on my lunch hour. My plans are simply to use the treadmill and do hand weights. It's better than the NOTHING I've done the whole pregnancy. They have a microwave and kitchenette, so I can eat my lunch there, too, before returning to work. There's also a shower.

Better late than never I guess!

Replies

• QueenOSpades
    QueenOSpades Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Never too late, right?
    How many times a week are you planning to go? I should be aiming to do the same :blush:
  • aschroeder2749
    aschroeder2749 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I had my first workout today! I walked for 20 minutes on the treadmill and did a couple sets of arm workouts (5 lb weights). This is the first time I've done any exercise during this entire pregnancy, and I feel great. I wish I had more time to spend there, but I'm on my lunch hour. I am going to shoot for about 3 (30-minute) workouts a week.
  • melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I'm six months too and was thinking about going to the community center to work out. You are inspiring!
  • _cassie623
    _cassie623 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good for you! :) Never too late to start. I wish I had the motivation to do more. This pregnancy has me so tired all the time! I go for walks occasionally, but that's about it. Chasing after my almost 3 year old has to count for some kind of exercise though I hope lol
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I think that's a great idea! I would love to do the same thing, but the last time I joined a gym, it didn't really end well. I have a lot of family and financial problems that precluded me from going, so now I just go on short, brisk walks where I can stay close to home.
    Kudos to you for taking the initiative to get on top of exercising!