April Awareness

Options
brisingr86
brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
Here's the goal thread for April. I titled this awareness because I feel like some things are becoming autopilot (good in some cases, not in others). The idea is for some reflection (if you want to share, that's great). Suggesting that we be more aware of each decision: i.e., I'm choosing to lay in bed and look at facebook/play games on my phone instead of getting up, going downstairs and doing a quick workout; I'm choosing to watch TV with my fiance instead of going to the gym; I'm choosing to have that special snack instead of eating a bigger dinner. What is holding me back from my goals? What can I do to change those things? If I'm not changing those things, then own that this is what I've chosen.

Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I am tomorrow is where my mind put me.
--Billy Blanks (from one of my TaeBo DVDs)

If others have other suggestions, please chime in. This is where I'm struggling right now so hoping folks can use it for their situation too.

Replies

• brisingr86
    Options
    Goals:
    - Lose 3 lbs/Get to 150ish (Targeting maintenance over a girl's weekend in Vegas with my mom, aunts and cousins.)
    - No phone games until AFTER the workout. Find a way to make workouts a priority...
    - Get invitations ordered (officially at the 4 month mark TODAY)
    - Get florist booked ( :( Behind on this one, but just doing bouquets and boutineers (sp?!) so hopefully can salvage)
  • purebells
    purebells Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    @brisingr86 - love this months goal! Definitely a great idea - I feel like life is autopilot - eat this , do this, go to work etc etc

SW: (24 February) : 72.1 kilos
    W1: (March 2): 73.0
    W2: (March 9): 72.7
    W3: (March 16): 72 7
    W4: (March 23): 72.0
    W5: (March 31): 73.2 - Easter has so much to answer to!!!! :)

This month - Wedding month!!!! :o

Still so much to do - my goals is to get it all done!
    1. finish my spray painting of wedding decorations - words and the photo frames
    2. finish the order of service books
    3. do the lolly bar boxes labels
    4. do my bridesmaids coathangers and giftbags
    5. finish my table numbers
    6. not have a nervous breakdown :p

Tomorrow I have my second dress fitting!!!!!!!! So excited!
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try and be more AWARE of my pre-planning and sticking to plan like I did in March...it seems to be working as I am down 7.8 pounds from the end of February (mostly Vacay weight, but I'll take it!) AND although I am not getting as many minutes in, I am being more consistent about my workouts and making better choices when it comes to menu planning. YAY!

Focus:
    Staying Positive-Being Consistent-Creating Routine!

Exercise:
    1200 minutes in the month of April

Lose:
    at least 4-5 pounds by the end of April

Good luck Ladies!
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    My goal is to reach goal weight by the end of the month (1month before the wedding) so I need to lose 7lbs, unless my final weigh in is lower tomorrow, but I'm hoping for maintanence at 154.

Sw:154
    Gw: 147!

• purebells
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Was cheeky and weighed in today.... amazing what a day of water and salad can do... a drop down to 71.1 kilos!!!

• kristinajeang
    kristinajeang Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    One thing I really need to work on is getting up off the couch and stop watching so much Netflix! I've gotten to the point where I watch netflix instead of being active, so my goal for this month is to treat netflix as a treat for reaching my workout goals!
    Goals:
    -Be at 10lbs lost at the end of April
    -Run 25 miles in April (I have final exams this month, otherwise this number would be higher)
    -Have 20/30 completely healthy eating days with not a single cheat snack
    -Reach my step goal (10k steps) for 20/30 days
  • brisingr86
    Options
    Rach, how did the fitting go? Water weight is awesome when it comes off quick! Great way to end March and be ready to keep it going in April. Hang in there and feel free to vent here to help with that lack of nervous breakdown goal! ;-)

Marla Jean, great goals as usual. Hopefully no being sick this month so you can get all your minutes. Can you be consistent and create routine in that you are working out while switching up the what you're doing? Consistency is good, but maybe try to mix it up once in a while so your body doesn't get complacent and keeps changing (the way you want it to). You have to stick with what works for you.

Jools, 7 lbs is a lot in a month (especially given you're already pretty tiny), but good luck. You are going to be gorgeous either way.

Kristina, the exercise and healthy eating goals sound great (although the cheat snacks can be important to make a plan sustainable, as long as they don't turn into cheat days...weekend...week... that you can't get back on track from). Good luck and I hope we can support you in healthy progress towards your goals. I totally get what you mean with Netflix; for me it's games on my cell phone, but similar pitfalls. And it's great that you have a non-food treat for rewarding workout goals.

• MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    @brisingr86 YES! I vary my workouts all the time for that very reason! I need the consistency in planning my workout schedule and my menu plan for the week and then I need consistency in sticking to the Plus this is the time of year I switch from the indoor classes and Rec Center workouts to outdoor PLAY workouts...I bring out my Bike, Outdoor Quad rollerskates, hula hoop, jump rope, kayak and the 'ol trail hiking guide for our local trails :mrgreen: I'm excited can you tell? LOL!

How goes the working out? Hopefully in April you can get past your Fitness funk! I know how it is...also good luck getting your florist and invitations going! I'm anxious to hear how it all goes for you! Love reading about the details of other peoples weddings and also LOVE seeing pictures!
  • purebells
    Options
    @brisingr86 - Fitting was good! My dress is now in the process of being adjusted for me so I now need to maintain. I have to laugh - the dressmaker said she was impressed at how I had gone from my 1st fitting to now. I took her advice and dropped the weights for a month and clearly has changed my body - she said that they don't like fit toned girls as they prefer soft girls as easier to adjust the dress and squish things in :wink:

Now I have to maintain - cant gain or drop. But I think a kilo or so wont hurt! Hahah
  • Dollymix2016
    Dollymix2016 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi brides to be! Can I join in? My wedding is in August so 4 months to go (but 2 months til my dress fitting so I guess I need to get down to where I want to be by then ) I have lost 14 pounds so far but been terrible this week with all the Easter chocolate! Definitely need to make some better choices this month! X
  • brisingr86
    Options
    I'm jealous Marla Jean. All the outdoor stuff sounds like a blast; makes it less workout out than "playing" out(side) but with some great calorie burns. I need to start doing hiking trails with fiance again (we spent a lot of our first summer dating going to different trails to walk/explore), once the weather decides what season it is (we've woken up to snow yesterday and today).

Rach, glad the fitting went well. I suppose soft stuff does squish better ;-), but I still would love to get my arms a bit less flabby for this strapless dress. Good luck with the maintenance. I agree a kilo one way or the other probably won't hurt.

Welcome Dolly! Please join right in. Congrats on the loss so far and good luck as you continue your efforts over the next 2-4 months.

I managed a short workout Saturday, but was horrible on food control. I procrastinated myself out of a workout this morning, but I did bring my gym bag to work so must workout before I can go home! Really want to build up some high deficits early this week so this weekend doesn't undo 2 months of work. Hoping I'll also get over to the fitness center, but want to balance time to workout with taking advantage of the family time.
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    Aaargh, went on our amazing hag do this weekend ( combined hen and stag) and ate far too much, and could not get back on track today. But I'm aiming to get back to it in the morning. Did stand up paddle boarding and archery though and had an amazing time, plus dancing!
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    Crap, I've messed up on food for te fourth day in row, scaring myself now. Must g wet back on track tomorrow, won't dare to weigh myself until month end now :(
  • RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    April here we are!

1st Goal: Remind myself that it is a marathon, not a race. This is the 2nd day I'm able to do some restricted cardio activity b/c of my hip, and while I am anxious to get going and push myself, I need to remember in the long run, my health is most important - so long story short, i'll be adding a few minutes in every few days of movement, even extra walking if I need to.

2nd goal: continue water- I have always been a water drinker, but as of the last week of March I have been drinking upwards of a gallon of water daily (well M-F) and would love to maintain my water intake during weekends.

3rd goal: Really enjoy the next month, filled w/ bridal showers, luncheons etc. (One of my bridesmaids is getting married 2 weeks after me) so we have a lot coming up!

--Side note, so glad there is a group for brides to be, its nice knowing people share common interests! :)

• purebells
    Options
    SW: (March 31) : 73.2 kilos
    W1: (April 6): 72.2 kilos
    W2: (April 13):
    W3: (April 20):

Goal for the month - maintain!!! 2.5 weeks left till the wedding. Have had a few *kitten* things happen over the last few days - including my own mother who wont be attending my hens day...Anyway.

@Rhiannon0816 - I hear you with the water. I am trying to do 3L a day. It is a bit of a struggle. I keep a bottle on my desk at work and make a point to drink one in the morning and one after lunch.

lsbua4fnpzsh.jpg

• Fitforevermore
    Options
    Things are not going right this month?! Complete diet meltdown this weekend, not entirely happy with the pictures of my dress (hoping it's just the pictures), and the European referendum has made the exchange rate so crap all our costs are going up, nearly £600 already due to bad exchange rates aaaargh!
  • RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    purebells wrote: »
    SW: (March 31) : 73.2 kilos

@Rhiannon0816 - I hear you with the water. I am trying to do 3L a day. It is a bit of a struggle. I keep a bottle on my desk at work and make a point to drink one in the morning and one after lunch.

lsbua4fnpzsh.jpg

This is similar to what I do too, I have 24 0z glass w/straw (for whatever reason, I think the straw helps me chug along faster, lol. But I keep on my desk and refill at least 4x during my work day and then try to get another 2 in before bed.

• brisingr86
    Options
    Need a bit of support today ladies. Yesterday afternoon I got a call from one of the other coaches my fiance works with that he had been hurt and the ambulance was taking him to the local trauma center (fortunately only a couple miles from my work). He got hit in the head with a rectangle of metal piping (used for practice throwing discus, took an unexpected hook in the air and happened too fast to stop it). He has a concussion, fractures to the temporal bone and bone above his eye and cut his ear pretty bad (even has cuts in his ear canal so hearing is messed up in that ear right now). I stayed at the hospital with him last night; he's still in the ICU, but they made me leave when the shift was changing this morning until actual visiting hours start in a few hours. Hopefully, he'll get released to a floor this afternoon/evening. The hardest part is feeling so helpless to do anything to make him feel better. Getting a head start on that "in sickness and in health" stuff.

To complicate matters, I'm supposed to take an early flight tomorrow to go away for a girls weekend with my mom/aunts/cousins that my mom and her sisters have been planning for a year. I think he would want me to go (there's not much I can do for him here and he has his family near by too), but his memory is so bad right now I'm just dreading hearing that he was asking for me because he forgot I was going or that we had talked about whether I should. I don't want to resent him for denying me time with my family when it's not his fault, but I don't want to miss a rare opportunity for some mother daughter bonding if there's nothing for me to do for him at home. Right now, going to wait and see how he progresses today and talk to his family. :(
  • Fitforevermore
    Options
    Sarah, that's terrible. Can you tell with his family to come to a decision about this weekend. Sending lots of good thoughts your way.
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah, thoughts are with you - hope your fiancé makes a speedy recovery. I agree with the suggestion to chat it over with your family - they'll help you decide what to do for the best xxx