~ 75 days in, and had my physical today.

Options
motown13
motown13 Posts: 688 Member
edited March 2016 in Social Groups
First thing my doctor said when she saw me today was "Well, don't you look a bit thinner?" ( about 5" gone from my waist )

We ran through the blood work numbers, and everything was better, except my triglycerides - which I talked about in a different thread about 3 weeks ago.

So, she knew a tiny bit about this WOE, and we had a discussion where she asked me to talk about what I eat and how much I eat. So, I pulled out my iPhone and showed her my MFP food logs.... she was a bit "concerned" with the high sat fat numbers, but overall, she didn't have any big issues with LCHF. She was more - like she usually is - "Well if it is working, then roll with it."

She asked me if I would take another blood test in August. I said I would take one in late June, if she wanted me to. ( I kind of wanted to do that ) But she said August, so August it is.

Finally she said that she thinks that I can get my A1c down to under 7 by August.... I was tested at 7.9, which was down about 2 points from January.

My blood pressure - with a pill - is usually 132 / 85ish. Today it was 122 / 78.

I told her that I no longer want to take Invokanna because of all the law suits I have read about it.... She was OK with that, and didn't even ask me to replace it with anything else.

Anyway, about 75 days in, and that's where I am....

Replies

• emilybeaver
    emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Awesome news!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    That's just full on incredible! Good for you. And good for your doctor for ignoring her "beat into her head" training and "rolling with it."
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Hooray! Awesome work!
  • kimbo8435
    kimbo8435 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Anytime you can get off a med is a major win!
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Sounds like you're moving in a very positive direction. Congratulations :smile:
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Great news! Congrats!
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Strong work. Can't wait to hear about blood work.
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Great news! And your doc sounds cool.
  • BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • motown13
    Options
    Great news! And your doc sounds cool.

She is pretty good. I found her just a couple of years out of med school.... so she isn't too old school.

• cairnsmom
    cairnsmom Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    What an awesome deal!
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Well done! A1C down two points and off a med! Wonderful!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC!!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    That's great!
  • motown13
    Options
    Thanks all.... honestly, I wasn't posting for "good job!", but really wanted to show anybody who is new what can happen in such a short time.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Fabulous news!!!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Great job. I expect it is just going to get better.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Wow. That's an impressive and fast change! I'm looking forward to the August comparison!
  • CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yay for the great news! Well done!
  • TexasJohnnyBravo
    TexasJohnnyBravo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Hopefully that a1c will drop significantly. I'm not diabetic but I'm always checking my blood sugars. Tested my a1c a week ago and I was 5.8. I'd like to see it drop a couple tenths. My Dr. asked me how I had dropped weight and improved my HDL/LDL and tri numbers when I told him LCHF he was ok with it since I had put up the best numbers in the last 6 yrs. Good luck on your journey!