Favorite Snacks

Options
QueenOSpades
QueenOSpades Posts: 171 Member
Just wondering what your favorite snacks are!
Healthy or unhealthy.

I'm finding it hard to find healthier, non bread, options for snacks with morning sickness.

What works/ has worked for you gals?

Replies

• jdehart48
    jdehart48 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm a huge foodie lol- here are some of my fav snacks:

-smoothies with frozen berries, banana, almond butter, chia seeds and spinach
    - apple with almond butter mixed with cinnamon
    - Baby carrots with guacamole
    - Bell pepper with guacamole
    - Homemade plantain chips with salsa
    - Larabars
    - Slices of tomato with guacamole, red onion and bacon on top

And many more!! I eat a paleo type diet :)
  • ChrissyLee2014
    ChrissyLee2014 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Doc wants me to avoid carbs - which is hard - im Italian!

Eating raw veggies and fresh fruits throughout the day. Had fresh cherries and grapes throughout yesterday. It helped keep my energy up which has also been a problem.
  • ChrissyLee2014
    ChrissyLee2014 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    FYI: Just found out that almond milk only has 1 gram of protein. I was drinking it all along thinking it had the same amount as soy milk. It's good if you are looking for low calories, but my OB wants to me to get in as much protein as possible.
  • tiastahl
    tiastahl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    my favorite snack when i feel sick is those cheese crackers with peanut butter in them. But that is not helpful since you are looking for non-carb things. Bananas really seem to ease my stomach as well. Lately i've been into have a few almonds, some grapes, and babybell cheese. They make a nice combo.
  • QueenOSpades
    QueenOSpades Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    tiastahl wrote: »
    Lately i've been into have a few almonds, some grapes, and babybell cheese. They make a nice combo.

That sounds great!

• melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Tropical and out of season fruit :(
    Green smoothies
    Cheerios with banana
    Yogurt with muesli
    Toasted rye bread
    String cheese and hard boiled eggs
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    For me, it's been fruit, fruit, fruit! This baby is in love with fruit and hates chocolate, so I've been keeping lots of fresh fruit in the house. My stock it getting low right now--all I have at the moment is a half-full bag of Fuji apples and a honeydew melon! I could really go for some berries. I love having my fruit with vanilla Greek yogurt.

I've also really enjoyed my veggies. If I want something cold (which I usually do), I'll make a salad with some raspberry vinagrette; if I'm all right with something warm, I'll warm up a pack of steamed frozen vegetables. I haven't been into anything too sweet (with fruit, I go for sweet and tangy, so no bananas or super-sweet fruits here), so any veggie that I can't eat without sugar has been a no-go. That doesn't include much; mainly acorn squash and sweet potatoes (although salted sweet potato fries are amazing!).
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Fortunately I log my snacks so I can look back and tell you the most frequent:
    - tangerines (Cuties)
    - light string cheese
    - bananas
    - apples
    - greek yogurt
    - nuts
    - ice cream after dinner