Keto and Iodine

Options
moonius
moonius Posts: 663 Member
If you have stopped losing weight on this WOE consider this...

wheatbellyblog.com/2016/03/everything-you-need-to-know-about-iodine/

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I really wish that this suggested serum levels for testing. I was supplementing iodine for my thyroid, but my levels went to triple the upper range suggested. My endocrinologist had me cut back to half a pill, and I was still high. Since high iodine can complicated certain things, he wanted to me to go ahead and cut back further. I did, and now I"m not supplementing, and my thyroid levels seemed better controlled, but I did have to increase my dosage, so I'm not sure that's accurate either. My endo said the body should dump what we don't need, but it increased my levels in blood serum A LOT... To discuss again at next month's appointment...
  • dessiepenn
    dessiepenn Posts: 167 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I agree with suggesting levels although I do occasionally use iodine drops in my coffee about 6 drops
  • moonius
    Options
    After reading this article I ordered some Iodoral. Hopefully this will help me continue to lose weight.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    That's what I was taking that made my levels jump up high enough that the lab tech and my doctor was concerned. Also, I was told to start slow - half a pill each day for a week or 2 until you verify that you don't react to any of the ingredients. So just be careful!
  • dessiepenn
    dessiepenn Posts: 167 Member
    Options

J.CROW'S® Lugol's Iodine Solution). This is what I've been trying. You can get it on Amazon.
  • moonius
    Options
    I used to take Iodoral daily but for some reason I forgot all about it.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I take iodoral....