kayjosh2422
kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
Welcome, tell us why your here!

Replies

• lizakitchu
    lizakitchu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, Liza here
    looking for some support to move the kgs!!!
  • SweetSapphire
    SweetSapphire Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Paula,
    I turned 50 in September and I have decided that I want to be fabulous in my fifties. I'm determined to make some lifestyle changes and really need the motivation of like-minded people to help encourage me and keep me focussed. :)
  • megannxx
    megannxx Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Megan, and ultimately I'm looking to lose about 65ish lbs. Ive lost my pregnancy weight already, and 15lbs on top of that. So I'm not doing too badly right now. Good luck everyone!
  • 1pinkster1
    1pinkster1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Leslie 47ys, looking to lose 15 lbs trying to get rid of the front belly. A group support would be great.
  • Nmolina15
    Nmolina15 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good morning, looking for support to lose this extra baggage.
  • djeah
    djeah Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello group - looking forward to losing 20 pounds with the group!
  • embracingashley
    embracingashley Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Ashley :smile: I am a 30-year-old mother of 2 and just started keto about 3 weeks ago. I am really excited about this journey and staying on teh wagon for good.
  • toosexyfor41
    toosexyfor41 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello I am Teresa. I am looking for a support to lose weight for health reason (mainly preventive). I'm lacking energy. I am currently doing it on my own, but I think I need some help.
  • onyx7761
    onyx7761 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hey i am Raquel i am 41 years old. I have been eating healthy for about a month and have lost 15 pounds. I have always struggled with my weight, but i am eager to join the challenge!!!
  • mackaylc
    mackaylc Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have struggled with being overweight my entire life. I have a little less than a year before I am 40 and would like to change my eating and exercise habits for the better :smile:
  • n2meuc2
    n2meuc2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Arlene, I took an office position and so I am basically sitting all day in a very stressful spot. I am exhausted when my work day is over, so needless to say when I get off of work I do not want to do anything but get home, eat, and watch lots of television. Needless to say the weight has slowly been creeping up to a point where I am uncomfortable wearing my own regular clothes. Without a doubt, I know what I need to do... and I have started working out again.

I figured why not make more use of my time here on mfp! I am looking forward to supporting everyone here in this group! We can and will do it!!
  • flisscitythin
    flisscitythin Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hiya,
    I am tired of being the biggest one at family gatherings and I don't want to head into another summer of trying to find something to wear that hides the fat without looking frumpy. I have been ticking away at this weight thing for a year and it is very slow progress. I recently broken my toe at a kickboxing class and had to have a wire inserted to put it back together so am out of exercise for about 7 weeks, up until now I have been working out 3 times a week, in light of this I am trying to be extra conscious about what I eat and calories. Looking for a group to keep me inspired and on track!
  • momto2lovelykids
    momto2lovelykids Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i am sick and tired of hiding bcos of my weight,looking forward to lose 20-25lbs by the end of this challenge
  • Shrinkydink1977
    Shrinkydink1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I need motivation to get back to the gym and eat better. I'm going to the dr Monday for a physical and to get my thyroid checked as both my mom and my sister have underactive thyroid.
  • LadyScorpio67
    LadyScorpio67 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! This is my fourth challenge and will be marking my solid steady year on April 7th (I was on and off for the five years prior). I have lost 31 lbs. and I'm sure it could have been more, but with the incorporation of adding friends and finding this group, I've at least kept off most of what I've lost (gained 10 over the holidays and intended to get it off in the current challenge). The weather is getting warmer and motivation is picking back up and looking forward to getting the 20 off this time around! Never give up!! :smiley:
  • just_special
    just_special Posts: 99 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi! I was in the spring weight loss challenge and did terribly by my own standards. I need to get my nutrition back on track. I run 3x/week, typically total 18 miles/week. I lost 100 pounds June 2014-June 2015 partially due to illness, but I am in a good place with my health now. I am working on maintenance (and was doing great for 6 months), but I had some holiday weight gain that is being stubborn. I need to lose these 10-15 pounds and get back into maintenance mode.

One of my BIG non-scale goals for this challenge is to quit eating candy! I know that is part of the culprit for my current issue of not being able to get back to goal. There is a ton of candy readily available at work, and I need to abstain to continue to reach and keep my goals. I have a problem with moderation when I eat candy.

My comfortable and healthy weight range is 125-135, so I want to get back and stay in that range.
  • Dang_shes_fit
    Dang_shes_fit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Janae. I'm turning 40 in a few weeks. I was planning on being Fit By 40, but lost my focus and gave up for a while. I'm back and ready to be Fit AND 40. I love supporting people and being supported by people online, since I no NO ONE who is even remotely interested in their health or weight loss.

My problem is that I am super excited for a few days, weeks even. Then I fall off the wagon and ruin any progress I had made. Being in a group will help me get through those rough weeks and keep me going forward in my journey.

Looking forward to the next few months with you guys!
  • SheenaBall
    SheenaBall Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    April 1st- July 4th
    Hi! I'm Sheena! I'm 31, from America, but live in Mongolia with my hubby. We travel a lot!! We work on community development here. I am about halfway through my weight loss journey.
    Starting from 191.0 in November of 2015, I have lost 28.2 pounds in 145 days. I started really strong and then had to travel internationally for an entire month in February which totally threw me off.
    Because I plateaued with complacency in Feb I think I can come back stronger now.
    I love biking! In America I had a road bike, but can't do that here (no roads) so I got a hybrid. It's a good substitute. But I'm a klutz so I fall off a lot. I also enjoy hiking and I like horse back riding but I am new to it and riding Mongolian horses which are a little wild is scary - especially when you are a klutz ;).
    This challenge, to skip the complacency, at the end of every week I will be posting my consumed calories for the week, calculated net calories (using my Apple Watch) for the week, as well as total weight loss for the week.
    I'm starting this time at 162.8. Let's see how this goes!

My Goals:
    Starting weight 4/1: 162.8
    Week 1: 4/8: 161.2
    Week 2: 4/15: 159.6
    Week 3: 4/22: 158.0
    Week 4: 4:29: 156.4
    Week 5: 5/6: 154.8
    Week 6: 5/13: 153.2
    Week 7: 5/20: 151.6
    Week 8: 5/27: 150.0
    Week 9: 6/3: 148.4
    Week 10: 6/10: 146.8
    Week 11: 6/17: 145.2
    Week 12: 6/24: 143.6
    Final weigh in: 7/1: 142.0
  • RamonaMoon
    RamonaMoon Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm Jenny, 34 years old from Ireland. Looking forward to getting stuck into this challenge- I always enjoy these and find they keep me somewhat on track! I have lost a bit of weight using MFP and have never gained back the initial loss. However, the final 25lbs have been tormenting me for a year now, I lose and then gain them back repeatedly. I am down just under 10lbs since Christmas and this challenge will held that momentum to keep going!

Good luck everyone :)
  • thegoodcookie
    thegoodcookie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello,

In 2011, I was 162 lbs and joined Weight Watchers for 3 months. I was able to lose 10 lbs during that time. I lost another 12 lbs on my own. Fast forward 5 years later, I'm back to my starting weight + 2 more (164 lbs). My eating habits are pretty good but I definitely need to work on becoming more active. I'm turning 40 towards the end of this challenge which is a motivating factor.

I'm ready and look forward to losing weight with everyone! :)