Team Challenge One: The Great Ocean Road (starts 1st April)

Options
Hi All

This is your invitation to come and join your group mates on a (virtual) stroll along the Great Ocean Road in Australia.

https://worldwalking.org/route/tej8fa

vajnxmd5avv9.jpg

This is a 160 mile, two week team challenge. We add our activity together, no matter what we've been doing, be it walking, cycling or dancing, and at the end of the two weeks, our accumulated steps/miles should take us over the finishing line. Yay!

There are 8 of your group mates ready and raring to go, and its a case of the more the merrier. You are free to do as much as you are comfortable doing. There will be no judgement, no pressure to overdo things, its all about just being active and working together as a team.

Hopefully, this will be a nice warm-up for future team challenges, including a possible ongoing 'Walk The World' team challenge!

If you haven't already stated an interest in the discussion thread, and want to take part, shout up, and I'll add you to the spreadsheet.
You just need to add whatever you've done between 1st and 14th April, and I will tally up the activity and post updates.

See you on the road, friend :smile:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=14275DC120763771!4887&authkey=!AJlfiKkQ36_VP6s&ithint=file,xlsx

(If this link is problematic, please let me know and I'll work something else out)

Replies

• Klipsan
    Klipsan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Checked out the spreadsheet. Thanks for pulling that together for us.
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Looks good , I can see it but can not input any data as yet when I tested it. I think it might be locked or protected. I had same issue trying to do google sheet for weight loss challenge, I think that one is now open to all to edit but not sure. On the google sheet I finally found an option to share link with an open to edit by all option. I do not know about excel, you might need to unlock/unprotect it somehow.
  • BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    EDIT:

Ok, what I had to do was select 'Edit In Browser', then input data, and then CTRL and S to save it. When I exited out, and then reopened the data was there. I entered a bunch of 'Test's into people's columns to try it out, but it should hopefully work.
    Let me know.

s4lna3xm6mrr.jpg

• sajones62
    sajones62 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ready to go!
  • sajones62
    sajones62 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    How do I put my name in the challenge?
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I think BigChangeNeeded will add you to list when she sees this later
  • BigChangeNeeded
    edited March 2016
    Options
    sajones62 wrote: »
    How do I put my name in the challenge?

Adding you now. Give it a couple of minutes, and you should be good to go... :smile:
  • Tata0716
    Tata0716 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Klipsan
    Options
    Great, I see my name. :)
  • jesscoll317
    jesscoll317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    May I join too? :)
  • Klipsan
    Options
    Welcome Jesscoll317!
  • jesscoll317
    Options
    Klipsan wrote: »
    Welcome Jesscoll317!

Thanks! I've never participated in a challenge before, so I'm excited. Especially since you all seem so encouraging and friendly!
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    i would like to join
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    May I join too? :)

Of course, we're delighted to have you on the team :smiley:

I'll add you in now. Give me 5 mins and you should see your column...
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    i would like to join

Welcome to Team Awesome, you're in :smiley:

I've added you to the spreadsheet.
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    So, there are now 11 of us, yay

smith1.gif

That means that, if we split it evenly, we all need to walk 14.5 miles in the next two week, which is just over one mile a day.

Can we do it? Hell/heck yes we can! :smiley:
  • jesscoll317
    Options
    We totally can do this!

I checked, but don't see a column yet with my name. I'll check back later today -- no rush. :)
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    We totally can do this!

I checked, but don't see a column yet with my name. I'll check back later today -- no rush. :)

You should be 4th across (its in alphabetical order). When I made some change initially, I didn't see them until I clicked 'Edit in Browser'. Give it a try in a bit, and if you still can't see your name, let me know and I'll give it another bash.

kq5djylsvy8k.jpg
  • jesscoll317
    Options
    I see my name now -- thanks!
  • baby962
    baby962 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm in, please add me.