Mod Post: Reminder to Review Group and Site Guidelines

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
edited March 2016 in Social Groups
In the past month, some members have expressed concern that the tone of our group has changed and become unwelcoming and judgmental.

Please review the Group Expectations in full.
http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10184341/upgraded-group-expectations#Item_1
And re-read the Community Guidelines, the site-wide rules.
http://myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

This group is what we make of it. If we become snippy and harsh, the group will become snippy and harsh. We are here to support, exchange ideas, inform, learn, discuss, troubleshoot, give advice, talk shop, and make a nice haven and hang-out for those who follow the low-carb WOE, no matter each person's chosen carb level, be it zero or 150g.

So let's all remember to be respectful. We can have fun, and we can disagree, but let's keep it civil. If we want to have nice things, we have to treat them nice. Each member's WOE, as long as it is both healthy and sustainable as a lifestyle, may be different than another's, but none are superior to one another.

Also remember that this is a huge group now, and the mods do their best, but we have a huge post volume to navigate. If there is ever concerning behavior that slips past us, come to us and link the mess, and we'll review it and see what we can do. And if you have a problem with a mod's behavior or anyone else's, do not call them out on a thread. PM the mods, and we will see what we can do to resolve the issue. And you don't just need to come to us for problems, if you have bright ideas to make things better (challenges, FAQs, need for support threads, resources to add to the library), we're here for that, too!

So...to highlight, do the following:
  • Re-read all the guidelines.
  • Disagreeing with someone, if done respectfully (and you best be respectful), is not a personal attack.
  • Be supportive, and if criticism is merited or you disagree with someone, make it constructive and civil.
  • Our advice is no substitute for a doc if you have medical issues. Always remember to know how your meds work and their interactions. We can't diagnose you over the internet, but it is helpful to hear from others who have experienced something similar.
  • This is your group, guys. Make this the kind of forum you want it to be. Get involved. So if you are feeling overwhelmed by a particular carb level's post volume, by golly, make some posts about yours and see if you can draw your compatriots out of the woodwork. Too much science? Post some light-hearted stuff.
  • Don't forget to click "All Discussions" to see all the posts that have slipped to the 2nd page. Lots of good stuff in there. I wish we got to keep more posts on the main page.
  • Check out the stickied posts at the top. Look over the LaunchPad if you haven't already.
  • Don't air group-grievances. And don't just suppress concerns/issues until they drive you nuts. Come to us. @Dragonwolf , @FIT_Goat, @Sabine_Stroehm, or @baconslave

And keep this bumped, puuuuuhleeeeeeze.

Thanks for listening. :mrgreen:

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    +1
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Thanks! You guys are great.
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Good reminders! Thanks, moderators, for all your help and keeping things on track. :)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    :)
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    good post. I just hit my 1,000th day of logging in a row, and I would not have done it without this group! (and a workplace that lets me read it in between real work...)
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Thank you for keeping this positive and respectful. I love this group as many have shared great low carb tips, recipes, struggles and ideas as well as successes and failures.
  • ruffneck813
    ruffneck813 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    This is a great group! I'm very glad I'm in it and I've learned so much. This has also become a new way of life for me and not just another "diet". My wife teases me sometimes and says it's like I've joined a cult, lol. She definitely gets it though.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Awesome reminders... Thanks for that!
  • baykay1010
    baykay1010 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great reminders! All of us are in charge of the vibe here! Let's make it positive and supportive! I enjoy the group and check in whenever I have the time! Thanks for everything the mods do! With a group so big it's so hard for them to be everywhere at once! (And you know....still live their lives!)
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    thank you all so much!

In the main forums, they have introduced a debate thread, in which people enthusiastically participate. maybe we could have a weekly topic here? I love reading everyone's point (s) of view.
  • baconslave
    Options
    This is a great group! I'm very glad I'm in it and I've learned so much. This has also become a new way of life for me and not just another "diet". My wife teases me sometimes and says it's like I've joined a cult, lol. She definitely gets it though.

My husband says I'm in a low-carb cult all the time.
    Or jokes about Low-Carb Facebook.

I remind him the results speak for themselves. :lol:
  • BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm really happy to have found this positive and helpful group. I think it is one of the factors that have helped me stay on track for 3 months as of today! I haven't had one bite of sugar or starchy carbs since Dec 31, I've lost ~30 lbs, and I feel great. Thank you everyone!

I will do my part to keep things positive.
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Great group, the only one I ever go into..
  • eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of your hard work!
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    BalmyD wrote: »
    I'm really happy to have found this positive and helpful group. I think it is one of the factors that have helped me stay on track for 3 months as of today! I haven't had one bite of sugar or starchy carbs since Dec 31, I've lost ~30 lbs, and I feel great. Thank you everyone!

I will do my part to keep things positive.

That is awesome! The fact you feel great is wonderful! For me I don't really feel deprived or hungry
  • GetBackSuzy
    GetBackSuzy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all the moderators. Love reading all the threads in this group.
  • baconslave
    Options
    :wink:
  • wishfullthinking79
    wishfullthinking79 Posts: 322 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Bump.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Thanks for always watching out for us!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! You all are awesome and have been highly instrumental in my success over the past year!!