Team Challenge One: The Great Ocean Road (starts 1st April)

Options

Replies

• BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Hi @baby962 Welcome to the team, we're delighted to have you join :smiley:

I've added you to the spreadsheet; it seems to take an hour or so for changes to appear, but you should be on there next time you check.
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    AND.... we're off!

Welcome to Australia, ladies and gentlemen. We start our walk in Torquay, where its currently a sunny 25 degrees. There are a few fluffy clouds in the sky, and there's a gentle breeze blowing through your hair.
    Let's get stepping!

j2xceor1jt.jpg

• RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Oh yes that looks like a very inviting walk , I may have to have a little paddle too :)
  • LCSt68
    LCSt68 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be added please! This is exciting. :)
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    LCSt68 wrote: »

Welcome, fellow walker :smiley:

I've added you to the sheet, give it a little time to update and then you're all ready to go.
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    I am going to go and do some walking now :)
  • Klipsan
    Klipsan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow travelers. My name is Rosemary Leblanc and I’m a Professor of Archaeological Science. I am traveling the world with my Bernese mountain dog, Bonaparte, searching for clues to explain the similarities of building techniques around the world between 2630 BC and 400 B.C. While in Australia, I’ll be documenting evidence of early human migration from Southeast Asia. Here is a recent photo of Bonaparte. :)
    Animals_Dogs_Portrait_of_a_beautiful_Bernese_M.jpg

• LCSt68
    Options

Welcome, fellow walker :smiley:

I've added you to the sheet, give it a little time to update and then you're all ready to go.

Thank you! I entered my steps. A little disappointed in today. Achilles tendonitis making it hard to get around but that won't last forever. Hope to do better tomorrow. Got goals. :)
  • sajones62
    sajones62 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Can't see my name or add my steps. Help. Today is 1.80 miles recorded with Fitbit
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    Bonaparte is very cute, sounds like you will have fun exploring together. I will travel with Howard my faithful racer tortoise. I may fly around to rest my feet when needed.
    ozxjry5rwaxq.jpg
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I think I should exit this challenge . I have come down with an sinus cold with a fever . I don't want to hinder you all . I so sorry :(
  • jesscoll317
    jesscoll317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    katdanash wrote: »
    I think I should exit this challenge . I have come down with an sinus cold with a fever . I don't want to hinder you all . I so sorry :(

Please stick with us? We're all going to have low days, and just a few days until you feel better will be fine since it's a month-long challenge.
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    updated for today... did a lot better than I thought I would... I can thank my dog for my last hour walking... she was so ready for a walk..
  • arlenestrohmaier
    arlenestrohmaier Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Saturday I have a 3 1/2 hour drive, then a 6 hour meeting for a event next month, then a 3 1/2 drive home. Not much walking for me tomorrow. Be behind already hurts from all the sitting that I will be doing. :neutral:
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    katdanash wrote: »

Hinder schminder, even if you only get one day of activity in, you've got us that much closer to the finishing line :smiley:

Don't stress yourself about entering any activity until you feel better. Your health always comes first. You rest up, and we'll see you at the finish line

tumblr_mo35uuAuTe1s9pq79o1_400.gif
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    sajones62 wrote: »
    Can't see my name or add my steps. Help. Today is 1.80 miles recorded with Fitbit

I've input your activity for today. You might have disappeared off screen to the right as there are now more of us. I've got a fairly big screen on the chunky old monster that is my laptop, and you just about squeeze on at the end, I need to scroll to see the others:

2lgautksit38.jpg

If you still have problems, let me know your data and I can enter it for you :smile:
    SA.jpg 94.7K
  • LCSt68
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Question: When we make progress will a new vantage picture be posted here or do we need to follow the progress on the site?

Also, do we need to choose a persona and spirit animal to help us on the journey? Because FUN.
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    Question: When we make progress will a new vantage picture be posted here or do we need to follow the progress on the site?

Also, do we need to choose a persona and spirit animal to help us on the journey? Because FUN.

I'll add our combined steps/distances to the site, and then I'll post a report and a picture of our new location in this thread, so we can all see where we are.

And as for the cute pets and funky persona, totally up to you. Feel free to be as inventive as you like, its all about the fun here in Team Awesome :smiley:
  • LCSt68
    Options
    These posts SO need a like button I'd wear that sucker out. :)
  • Klipsan
    Klipsan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Bonaparte is very cute, sounds like you will have fun exploring together. I will travel with Howard my faithful racer tortoise. I may fly around to rest my feet when needed.
    ozxjry5rwaxq.jpg
    Made me smile.