How much weight did you loose before you changed clothing size?

History1027
History1027 Posts: 68 Member
Since mid February I have lost 15lbs (240-225) and according to the body fat tests my personal trainer has done it has all been body fat. He says there is no way I shouldn't notice a change in the way my clothes fit but I don't! Everything still fits the same. So my question to you is this, how much weight did you loose before you had to change clothing sizes?

Replies

• JuliaDiscoFit
    JuliaDiscoFit Posts: 20 Member
    I've heard that roughly 15lbs is the difference between dress sizes for women - in a very general sense. I'm down 20 pounds as of today and still fit some of my clothing perfectly well. Others are noticeable looser. It depends on the type of clothing and where the fat is coming off.

I'm about to start looking into a jeans size down so for me ~20pounds.
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Yes I think 15 to 20 pounds. I went from a size 20 to a 16w and those are loose now. I also think I have lost inches. Well I know I have. Mainly in my lower half. I do step arobics and jog/ walk. I was 243 Jan 6 and I am now stuck at 227. Going to push hard this month. I have slipped as of late. Not worth it. And juliadiscogit is so right. Depends on the clothes and where you loosening it at also your body shape.
  • Amay33
    Amay33 Posts: 66 Member
    edited April 2016
    I'm hard on myself. I still wear everything I was wearing before I lost the weight. I am reaching the 30 pound mark for loss. I don't feel any different and I am still buying all the same sizes in clothes. My problem for tops is I got big big boobs so I gotta get what fits their but I guess I know if it wasn't for them I'd probably be down a size. My problem of pants is I got such a bad belly hang from 5 kiddos. I only wear sweats or yoga type pants. Some I know are feeling loose but I don't believe I'm worthy of a size down yet. Guess it's just hard for me to see it. Like Julia and wrkonmedaily said depends on the clothes really and where you are losing the inches. I can lose 10 pounds and no inches in the waist and well that plays a roll with clothes.

But you are doing AWESOME, so happy for you!
  • juliayadda
    juliayadda Posts: 33 Member
    Since mid February I have lost 15lbs (240-225) and according to the body fat tests my personal trainer has done it has all been body fat. He says there is no way I shouldn't notice a change in the way my clothes fit but I don't! Everything still fits the same. So my question to you is this, how much weight did you loose before you had to change clothing sizes?

I am 5'8" and I actually gained this much weight in the past year. I would say that most of my clothing just fit worse. When I lose the weight I didn't change sizes but my clothing fit better. If that makes sense. I would say that at 215 I jump from a 16 to a solid 14 (at say Old Navy more like a 16 at Loft)
  • JuliaDiscoFit
    I am pretty frustrated - I lost weight before (gained it all back :( ) and went from a 16 to a 10 after losing 45lbs. That's 3 standard dress sizes down! I am currently down 26lbs (14lbs for this challenge) and still can't get into the jeans size down. I am pretty baffled by this. My current jeans are super loose but still the smaller size is too tight. 26lbs!
  • History1027
    History1027 Posts: 68 Member
    18 lbs down and still in the same size :(
  • Mirabelle_Out
    Mirabelle_Out Posts: 151 Member
    I've lost almost 14 pounds and everything still fits, but I have noticed that my shirts are a little looser and my stomach pooch is not as much, if that makes sense. My pants are a little looser!

@Amay33 you are totally WORTH new clothes!!! I'm thinking goodwill or resale shops. Seems silly to buy brand new!!!
  • JuliaDiscoFit
    I have noticed a lot of shirts and tops I couldn't wear anymore because of my weight gain are fitting me again! My hips/thighs were the slowest to slim down the last time I lost weight as well but this gives me hope!
  • joannemonette1
    joannemonette1 Posts: 99 Member
    I've lost 20 lbs but I'm still roughly the same size. My pants are a bit looser in places -- but I'm so thankful they aren't as uncomfortably tight as when I finally started to lose weight. I literally had no more jeans to wear - Only one pair fit. Now, almost all of my old jeans fit again. So, that's a relief.

I'm patiently...err *impatiently*... waiting for my scale and waistline to show me that my clothes are finally "too big" to fit.
  • joannemonette1
    joannemonette1 Posts: 99 Member
    I've lost almost 14 pounds and everything still fits, but I have noticed that my shirts are a little looser and my stomach pooch is not as much, if that makes sense. My pants are a little looser!

@Amay33 you are totally WORTH new clothes!!! I'm thinking goodwill or resale shops. Seems silly to buy brand new!!!

Second hand stores (and yard sales) are definitely a good way to start shopping for new clothes. It's so much cheaper -- and it's so important to feel / look good in your "new-to-you" clothes!