BUMP
  • suesuarez
    suesuarez Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Mods!
  • SueMizzou2
    SueMizzou2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am grateful to the moderators who take the time to do this for us. I find this group to be genuinely helpful and supportive. Let's not screw it up
  • dtplow
    dtplow Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Love this group, read the threads every day! Really , really love @FIT_Goat bump
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    As of today: 25,230 members
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I hope this doesn't mean we aren't allowed to debate anything?
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    As of today: 25,230 members

You know, I remember when it was 8,000 members. And, all indications point to the fact that it was around 6,000+ when I joined. That's about 1/4 the current size. The amount of growth we have seen in crazy.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Keto is close to hitting critical mass world wide and is heavily discussed outside of this group. What 1.5 years of change has happened. Strangers are hitting the main site saying the doctor told them about LCHF and/or mentioned to check out MFP.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    When I joined a year ago there were just over 11,000 members! Yes, exponential growth!
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    When I joined a year ago there were just over 11,000 members! Yes, exponential growth!

Our individual success begets that exponential growth. I mentioned in another thread about getting one's SO on board that I think leading by example is the best way to inspire others. My mom is a vegetarian T2 diabetic. I knew she'd benefit from this woe, but I also knew she needed to find the way on her own. I've been sharing my success, dropping breadcrumbs and using a bit of reverse psychology... 3 months later, she's ready to ease back into eating meat and take the LCHF plunge, and she's encouraging her bestie to do it with her.

I bet many of the 25,000+ people here have similar stories. Soon we will have taken over the world! Mwahahahaha! Lol

Love this group, thanks to the mods for keeping everyone civilised!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options

No. Debating is fine. Just a reminder of how we should respond to one another in the process. :smile:
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

No. Debating is fine. Just a reminder of how we should respond to one another in the process. :smile:

Respectful debating is always awesome! I've learned a ton that way. "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it." :) I think society dies in small ways when we cannot learn and further ourselves through intelligent debate!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    baconslave wrote: »

Respectful debating is always awesome! I've learned a ton that way. "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it." :) I think society dies in small ways when we cannot learn and further ourselves through intelligent debate!

Ditto :smile:
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I think it is important to remember that debate and disagreement doesn't automatically mean the same thing as dislike or unwelcome. I will debate some points very strongly. That doesn't mean those who disagree aren't welcome or that I don't like them or anything. Debate is how we sharpen our knowledge.
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i don't agree with myself sometimes! ;) all kidding aside, i just found this group and this site and i have used your great advice and recipe postings to make positive changes already! Thank you very much for having me here. :)