LCHF dinner for 12 - make ahead - ideas needed!

Options
cottagegirl71
cottagegirl71 Posts: 167 Member
Hi! So.....long story short - I started my bookclub over 10 years ago when I lived in the city and have since moved away but still take part in the monthly dinners at each members homes. Wednesday is my turn and I am taking over my sister-in-law's kitchen for the night so I can host.

I am looking for ideas that can be prepped that morning at my house - put in a cooler - sit in a car for 6 hours - gluten free - no beef/pork/chicken.....I will have ~ 30 minutes to prep at her house but want to leave as little of a mess in her kitchen as possible. I am committed to staying on plan but ok with having some non-keto sides like a quinoa dish and/or salad for the others. Too cold to BBQ. Help me friends! Looking for ideas :)

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    How about a zucchini lasagne?
    You could make a salad too.
  • isa75
    isa75 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I made a vegetable tart for easter last year, but made a cauliflower crust instead of the a flour one:

http://www.foodrepublic.com/recipes/check-out-this-video-of-a-spiral-vegetable-tart-then-try-the-recipe/

I don't have the exact link for the crust I used, but this version (for the crust, not the quichy part) seems about right:
    http://pennyforherthoughts.com/flourless-veggie-quiche-cauliflower-crust/
  • cottagegirl71
    cottagegirl71 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Argh! Meant to say "gluten free - no beef/pork/fish".....so veggie or chicken are ok - and of course cheese :)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Add chicken to the lasagne. Lol
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    There are recipes for low carb chilli that you can make using ground turkey. I guess you would have to double check all the other ingredients out there to make sure the rest was gluten free.

KetoKarma makes a delicious twice baked cauliflower casserole that does have bacon but that part can be omitted if you needed it to be.

http://ketokarma.com/keto-twice-baked-cauliflower-casserole-recipe/
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I think zucchini lasagna would be perfect. I make one with no meat just layers of zucchini, red sauce, sliced mozzarella, salt and pepper. It's delicious. I swear the sliced slabs of fresh mozzarella make all the difference.

For Easter I made cheesy cauliflower casserole. That was really good too. I used cream cheese, heavy cream, and shredded asiago, fontina, sharp cheddar, and parmesan. Mixed all together and baked. Was amazing.
  • macybean
    macybean Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Indian Butter Chicken...makes a huge pot of food, tastes better if it sits overnight and is great with or without rice. There's lots of different versions on line, or I can share mine with you if you are interested.