Breakfast Recipes

Options
LadyScorpio67
LadyScorpio67 Posts: 247 Member
I saw a mention of sharing healthy recipe ideas for meals, so I thought I'd get it started. If you'd like to share BREAKFAST recipes, please post in this thread. If you have lunch, dinner, or snack recipes to share, please start a separate individual thread for each. ☺️

Replies

• LadyScorpio67
    Options
    This broccoli egg casserole is great for breakfast or snack. I threw in some onion also.

http://www.organizeyourselfskinny.com/2014/12/22/broccoli-cheddar-egg-bake-recipe/
  • makrogurl
    makrogurl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This broccoli egg casserole is great for breakfast or snack. I threw in some onion also.

http://www.organizeyourselfskinny.com/2014/12/22/broccoli-cheddar-egg-bake-recipe/

I LOVE this recipe!!! So yummy! It's also good with spinach and feta cheese instead of the broccoli and cheddar.
  • thegoodcookie
    thegoodcookie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If you need a little variety, pinterest.com can be a great tool. The active users catergorize their favorite things and most of the work is already done. All you have to do is type in breakfast and tons of pictures and ideas pop up. If you want, you can make the search more specific like typing in low carb, paleo, keto, etc.

Here's a website based on the Weight Watchers diet that has a nice recipe index with pictures:
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/recipes/breakfast-brunch/
  • momto2lovelykids
    momto2lovelykids Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    If you need a little variety, pinterest.com can be a great tool. The active users catergorize their favorite things and most of the work is already done. All you have to do is type in breakfast and tons of pictures and ideas pop up. If you want, you can make the search more specific like typing in low carb, paleo, keto, etc.

Here's a website based on the Weight Watchers diet that has a nice recipe index with pictures:
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/recipes/breakfast-brunch/

wow thanks for the link,i had a lot of pretty tasty recipes which are also low carb too.
  • LadyScorpio67
    Options
    @makrogurl that sounds yum! I'll have to give it a try. Thanks!
    @thegoodcookie I follow that page on FB. :)
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    This morning I'm have a chocolate fruit smoothie. Greek yogurt..skim milk.half a frozen banana and a handful of raspberries and strawberries. Even added some spinach. Yummmm
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    Oh and some sugar free cocoa. .lol
  • LadyScorpio67
    Options
    This morning I'm have a chocolate fruit smoothie. Greek yogurt..skim milk.half a frozen banana and a handful of raspberries and strawberries. Even added some spinach. Yummmm

Ooooh! That sounds Yummy!!
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    I had this for dinner but it could be for any meal One. slice of bacon crumbled into an egg with sauteed mushrooms and onions. Top that with watercress leaves, avacoda and bean sprouts. Lots of protein and good fat.
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    This might sound a little weird - does anyone have crock pot recipes for breakfast? Like something where I can make 5 servings at once and put them in the fridge for the work week. I live overseas right now, and I've never been able to figure out my stove (neither can my friend - she has a different one) and I don't have an oven (apparently the Japanese don't use those). So I do most of my cooking in a crock pot :)
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    Veggie omelette and fruit is a great way to start your day. :)
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    @LadyScorpio67 - thanks! :)
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with berries, cinnamon, crushed hemp hearts. Berries are low in sugar and the hemp hearts add protein and fiber. I make mine the night before and eat it at work. so travels well.

I just bought some chia seeds so excited to try some recipes with them.
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    Started this week having smoothies for breakfast. Almond milk, frozen half banana, frozen raspberries, pineapple, unsweetened cocoa and spinach. I cannot tell you how yummy and filling it is. Under 150 calories
  • LadyScorpio67
    Options
    Sounds yum! Think I need to start putting my bullet mixer back to use!