26 Female, 5'1, CW: 150, GW:120

Options
retro_belle24
retro_belle24 Posts: 33 Member
Hello!

I'm 5 feet, 1 in. tall. I used to stay in the low 130s but a new office job, no will power with sweets, little exercise, and living with the in-laws where all they eat is meat, carbs, and sugar, has "caused" me to go up to 150lbs.

I won't stand for that anymore. I want my energy back and stop my sugar addiction. My husband and I have bought our first house and stock the home with lots of healthy food. I've started working out and joining gym classes after work and am eating a vegetarian (have always been) low carb, high protein. I'd love to have a twin to join me on this journey. Please add me if you think we're on a similar journey.

Replies

• DejahT850
    DejahT850 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey, reto_belle24! Though not exactly twins, we have pretty close stats/goals and similar pitfalls. I'm at a desk job 8 hours a day, and have gone from always having a fairly clean diet, to living with someone who grew up around Mt Dew and Doritos and doesn't plan to change anytime soon, ha! I have tended to give in to emotional/hormonal cravings this last year and it's taken its toll. I'm back to scheduled working out and a streamlined keto diet. If you'd like to be pals please add me, I'm looking for someone who will check in pretty regularly and share successes:-)
  • retro_belle24
    retro_belle24 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi @DejahT850 I've sent a friend request :smile: Sounds like we have the same story. Let's do this together! I'm practicing a LCHF diet so sounds like we're pretty similar in that aspect too.
  • DejahT850
    DejahT850 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi @DejahT850 I've sent a friend request :smile: Sounds like we have the same story. Let's do this together! I'm practicing a LCHF diet so sounds like we're pretty similar in that aspect too.

Awesome! So far it's the only eating plan that has put any kind of dent in my stubborn extra weight. If I stick to it, I do really, really well. But weekends derail me:'( So I'll be glad to have an accountability bud!
  • bellabananas
    bellabananas Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Can I join you two? I'm 28, 5 feet, starting at 150 and want to get to a normal bmi (so 120s). How have you guys been doing?