Looking for specific mayo recipe that was posted months ago.

Options
gsp90x
gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
Maybe it's you who posted the recipe?

I think it was in the thread for original recipes (which I can't find) but maybe it's wasn't there anyway. I've made it several times, but in the last few months have not. So I can't remember the quantities off hand and would appreciate if someone knew the recipe.

So it's a mayo recipe. Uses whole eggs. I don't know what the OP used as oil but that's not important.

What IS important is that it also had onion powder and I THINK garlic powder. It didn't taste EXACTLY like mayo from the store and that's what we love about it.

It also (I think) had two types of acid. Maybe lemon juice AND cider vinegar. Or lemon juice and regular vinegar. Or maybe it suggested one or the other.

It was in the same post - or the same thread where someone was also talking about yum yum sauce. We tried the yum yum and didn't find it as yummy as this mayo.

I had written it on a scrap of paper and it was left on top of the fridge but it has disappeared. No it's not fallen behind. I even checked there. That's how much we like this.

So if it rings a bell with anyone, I'd be grateful for the recipe or the link.

Otherwise, looks like we'll be experimenting :(

Thanks!

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it is this one, but this is a fave in my household. Can easily be adjusted.

http://thehealthyfoodie.com/fail-proof-home-made-paleo-mayo-whole30-compliant/
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss
    Thank you for replying. I can't believe it was the only one. Usually people love to share their recipes. :) in any case, no it is not ghetto one but I love the post anyway. Firstly because that is how I made my mayo (technique) despite people saying your egg had to be room temp and drizzle in oil over an absurdly long period of time. :) I just chucked it all in and it always worked fine. Secondly because they do suggest other spices AND amounts I can begin with to experiment and hopefully get back to what we had. At least I have some numbers to start with .

Thanks very much. You're always a wealth of (helpful) information.
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I don't know if it is this one, but this is a fave in my household. Can easily be adjusted.

http://thehealthyfoodie.com/fail-proof-home-made-paleo-mayo-whole30-compliant/

The typical recipe for mayo is way too fussy for me to bother with. This one sounds more my style.

Loved the part about not bringing the immersion blender all the way to the top of the jar. Ask me how I already knew this.
  • ilovethecamp32
    ilovethecamp32 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Made this last night and it was so easy and quite good!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Oh, and I don't own an immersion blender, but my hand mixer has a whisk attachment, and it works well for this too.
  • mao1962
    mao1962 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This recipe looks like it is something I can manage. I am looking to avoid soybean/ canola oil. Thanks.
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I've made it with MCT oil and avocado oil before. I even made it with liquid bacon grease at one point, which was great for burgers, but not so much for tuna salad.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I just made the recipe that @KnitOrMiss posted, with avocado oil. Holy cripes that was easy!
  • KnitOrMiss
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @Dragonwolf and @baconslave tend to be keepers/purveyors of the mayo recipes, so perchance they might have the exact one for which you are searching, also.
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    That is the recipe I've been using for quite some time. Sometimes I use light tasting olive oil, sometimes avocado oil. I change it up with different mustards (horseradish, jalepeno...) A dash of garlic powder, it's so easy.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    Subbing.
    Things like that, which currently only includes a recipe to make your own mascarpone and that mayo recipe above, are in the LaunchPad here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10348430/recipe-tips-websites-lcd-group-member-recipes?new=1
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    @Dragonwolf and @baconslave tend to be keepers/purveyors of the mayo recipes, so perchance they might have the exact one for which you are searching, also.

I use the healthy foodie one you linked, so I'm no help here, sorry. =/