Thank you "queen4elm" for starting this group

Options
SusM321
SusM321 Posts: 141 Member
I also have similar health issues. I bet we can all learn from one another. Wouldn't it be great, if we could learn to become compliant with diet & lifestyle changes together.

I'm menopausal, have high BP, high cholesterol, GERD, COPD & thyroid issues, among a few other things. I don't give this list out to many, find it appropriate here.

I was Pre-Diabetic 3 years ago, a Diabetic in denial 2 years ago. The whole time, trying keep numbers low with healthier eating & minimal exercise WAS doing okay. Want help, I'm just not behaving these last 6 months!

Hope we can all become friends, Susie

Replies

• queen4elm
    queen4elm Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Glad you joined! It would be great to learn from one another. I haven't been "behaving" either. And all that misbehaving tends to make most of my numbers wacky. I'm starting today to log evrrything i put in my mouth. Wish me luck
  • Keenan713
    Keenan713 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am starting home dialysis next week -- PD, man SusM321 I have all of your medical issues except menopausal. I starting dieting a month ago and have lost 22lbs but think most of that was water. Anyway yes would love to have someone on here to talk to.
  • SusM321
    SusM321 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you both! Lol, Keenan, happy to hear you don't have that one issue.
    I've been being honest with my logging, it worked for me before. I get lazy logging, got to be diligent this time.
    If you to would like to be friends, just send me a request.
    Talk soon
  • queen4elm
    queen4elm Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Keenan, welcome. And congrats in making the difficult decision in home dialysis. I haven't done that, just in center diaylsis. But, I can promise that you will feel better once your body adjusts. How long have you been on dialysis?
  • heroldkelly
    heroldkelly Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone! I am glad to find a few other people dealing with complex medical issues as well. I have had achalasia for 23 years now including two heller myotomy surgeries to open my lower esophagus but I still have problems swallowing pasta, any meat that isn't ground except fish, and other things. I have been labeled pre-diabetic, and I have some weird disease that my doctors have been trying to identify. Last week I had an angiogram of my kidneys and stomach to see if it was polyarteritis nodosa. It isn't, but we are back to square one again after a year of testing. Keenan, if it means anything, I told my doctor when they have ruled out everything else, I'll get the menopause diagnosis despite being a man! :smiley:
  • Chummy40
    Chummy40 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting this group. I, too, am on peritoneal dialysis. I just started pd april 18. Losing weight had been challenging before dialysis and now, the additional calories absorbed by my body during treatment poses another hurdle. Im currently at 205 with a weight loss goal 160lbs.