Team 8 - Amazing Race

Options

Replies

• kaitkolo
    kaitkolo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I need to be more accountable during the weekend... I feel like I do well Monday-Thursday but then by Friday, I fall off the eating right wagon. This weekend I'll be going to Chicago for a bachelorette party so I know I'll be drinking a whole lot of extra calories. I'll have to be good and take it a day at a time!
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Wow, time to refocus, the past week was a bit rough....family member had a triple bypass and is still not out of the woods yet. We were away for that for 3 days but getting better today....did 2 miles on the treadmill at dinner time. We all started out strong, spring is coming, hopefully, so bring on the challenges!
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Keep plugging away team! We know we can do this!!

@wahmx3 - hope it goes well for your family.
    @kaitkolo - Have fun this wknd! Drink lots of water! That always helps!!
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hey team... hoping everyone is plugging along. It seems some of us are having rough times either here with our personal struggles or there are family and other outside issues. Wishing you strength and support during your struggles. I know you all have been supportive when I've needed it. So thanks ladies. We are on the second half of our challenge... let's regroup and finish strong in the spring!
  • sandkp
    Options
    On a semi happy note, I've made it into ONEderland... now to make sure that I keep it there this week. The struggle is real when you are right on the edge. My BFF is getting married this weekend so I need to watch consuming those liquid calories cause I know if I do, I'm not gonna move the next day, let alone run them off!
  • enuf2
    Options
    Congrats on getting to ONEderland, @sandkp! That's great!! I am so close, that I was a little disappointed after my weigh in last night. I lost 7lbs in one month, so I am very happy. I was just really hoping to get out of 200 though. Next week...
  • sandkp
    Options
    enuf200 wrote: »
    Congrats on getting to ONEderland, @sandkp! That's great!! I am so close, that I was a little disappointed after my weigh in last night. I lost 7lbs in one month, so I am very happy. I was just really hoping to get out of 200 though. Next week...

Thanks @enuf200 my usual weigh in day is Tuesday. Didn't know if I would be busy this week so did Monday and had an even 200.00 on the scale. Needless to say, this mama had to stick with the routine and try again Tuesday morning and it worked. That day makes a difference for me most weeks. 7 lbs in a month is great! Sending pixie dust to help you jump that huge line. Funny how 200.01 and 199.9 even make such a huge change in your attitude. Good luck and let us know when you get there!!!
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Congrats @sandkp!!!! I really need to push myself to get there, hoping to do so soon!!
  • BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Congrats @sandkp that's fantastic! I've been really disappointed with being in PT because I feel like I can't do anything! The videos she's been posting the past few weeks have hurt my knee - I can't go on my toes, can't squat - especially with a weight...so I feel like I've been losing out on opportunities to earn us points. I really want my knee to get better though so I'm trying to stick with a regiment instead of pushing myself too hard. I did a bit of walking on Sunday but it hurt so I just don't know what to do. With less activity it's hard to keep my food in check so I'm trying my best but I'm really frustrated. I will keep going!
  • sandkp
    Options
    Thanks @303lissy keep doing what you are doing and it will come... and when it does we will celebrate YOU!!!
  • sandkp
    Options
    Thanks @BJerzy. You have to take care of you. Yeah, we are in a challenge and we can use the points so we can rank higher... but what does that get us in life? If we rock each week to the best of our ability and put forth a good effort as a team, we've already won. If you push too hard too fast, you only hurt yourself with more setbacks. Keep your head up and know that you do what you can and we appreciate all that you do. You haven't given up on us, you are here and trying so you haven't given up on yourself, and lots of us are behind you so we haven't given up on you either!

What started out as individuals in a challenge has turned into more than a team to compete... we are a support group that I for one hope keeps going strong long after the spring challenge! We can rock right into the next one being that much stronger as a unit and a team.

Friends in life help each other, carry each other, listen to each other, support each other, laugh and cry with each other, celebrate each other... and I have to say even though we are miles and miles apart and may never meet... we are friends! At least that's how I feel! :)
  • wahmx3
    Options
    sandkp wrote: »
    Thanks @BJerzy. You have to take care of you. Yeah, we are in a challenge and we can use the points so we can rank higher... but what does that get us in life? If we rock each week to the best of our ability and put forth a good effort as a team, we've already won. If you push too hard too fast, you only hurt yourself with more setbacks. Keep your head up and know that you do what you can and we appreciate all that you do. You haven't given up on us, you are here and trying so you haven't given up on yourself, and lots of us are behind you so we haven't given up on you either!

What started out as individuals in a challenge has turned into more than a team to compete... we are a support group that I for one hope keeps going strong long after the spring challenge! We can rock right into the next one being that much stronger as a unit and a team.

Friends in life help each other, carry each other, listen to each other, support each other, laugh and cry with each other, celebrate each other... and I have to say even though we are miles and miles apart and may never meet... we are friends! At least that's how I feel! :)

I love this! The more points we get, the harder we are working but it's not about winning the competition, it's about being stronger and healthier while supporting each other. Support is key in this journey, perhaps we could continue on as a team in the next challenge....
  • wahmx3
    Options

I love this! The more points we get, the harder we are working. However, support is key to continuing on the journey. It would be great for our team to stick together into the next challenge.
  • enuf2
    Options
    Ditto to all of the above!! :)
    @BJerzy...take care of yourself, do what you can do - it's better to get healthy than pushing yourself too soon.
  • sandkp
    Options
    I'm up for signing up together next time... maybe we can get a list in a couple weeks of those that want to do the next challenge so we have a head start on that list before summer starts making everyone bat crazy! :lol:
  • enuf2
    Options
    I went out last night to a wedding social with a bunch of my friends. Turned out all of our hubby's stayed home, so was it ladies night out! :) We danced and laughed, and danced and laughed, and danced some more! Was a great night, and hands down, the BEST way to burn calories!
  • sandkp
    Options
    That sounds so fun @enuf200! I'm going to a wedding tonight for my bestie... nothing like spring/summer dress with no sleeves and 25-35° weather. Guessing liquid heat for me tonight! Think spring has already had a drink or two.. she is messed up! :lol:
  • wahmx3
    Options
    That sounds so fun @enuf200! I'm going to a wedding tonight for my bestie... nothing like spring/summer dress with no sleeves and 25-35° weather. Guessing liquid heat for me tonight! Think spring has already had a drink or two.. she is messed up! :lol:

Have fun tonight! Not sure where spring went, no sign of her here and winter isn't leaving us alone....2-3 inches forecast for tomorrow, yuck.
  • Ahollowed
    Ahollowed Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sorry i havent posted here in a while. Ive tried to keep up with the spreadsheets though. I had a really big show last weekend so am finally a bit more free. I have been so hungry the last couple of days and am having trouble staying under my limit. I worked out hard at the gym 4 days in a row and i wonder if that's why. Anyone ever feel like that?
  • sandkp
    Options
    Thanks @wahmx3 ! It was a great time..even though pictures by the water were very very chilly! It was a very small wedding with intimate dinner. I did great... managed to order a salad and salmon melt and left the bread -- Opted to drink those bread calories.. all about options right! Still managed to get my run in today so guess it wasn't too much drink! Guess I will see on Tuesday hoe bad the scale punished me!