36hrs till a new start

Options
countryrose7
countryrose7 Posts: 107 Member
I'm excited, yet freaked out at the same time. This is really happening. I know that probably makes some people roll their eyes, but this whole process has been so fast! I know I'm ready, I'm just scared of the unknown. My family will take me to the hotel tomorrow and then Thursday AM I have to catch a cab to the hospital at o'dark thirty for admission. Since the hospital is two hours away and we have no one close to watch kids and do school drop offs, I'm doing this on my own. It will be weird not having my husband beside me when I wake up, but sometimes stuff happens. He will pick me up Saturday if all goes as planned. I will gladly accept any and all prayers, good thoughts, etc. you guys can throw my way.

Replies

• nakeddog
    nakeddog Posts: 79 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    How exciting for you. Good luck with everything. In our house, we have the same, I may very well be going thru it alone, hubby has to be here for the kids with school, unless I get to have mine during summer break. I've been thru other surgeries, so really the first while I will be okay with just resting and recovering...I prefer that. I am sure it will all go smoothly and you will have to keep us updated. :)

I just read your bio...I have 4 kids too. 16, 15 and twin boys (fraternal) 8yrs on Friday.
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You will have an easier time than you can imagine. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'll be thinking of and praying for you!
  • AngieViolet
    AngieViolet Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yay good luck!! It is an amazing new life on the other side waiting for you!
  • krissymae88
    krissymae88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I'm sure you will be just fine! I think it's very brave of you to do this on your own! I shows how ready you are to make this change.
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    It's normal to be anxious - it's a big deal! But you're ready for it, follow the plan, it'll be over before you know it, and you'll be so glad you did it.
  • meltinglbs
    meltinglbs Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    So exciting! Prayers for you.....all will go just fine!!
  • countryrose7
    Options
    Thank you everyone! It's very reassuring to read these posts. I'll update as soon as I can.
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Thoughts and prayers! Best wishes on your journey. Be patient with yourself during recovery and remember to sip and walk. :smile:
  • SmokeRising
    SmokeRising Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sending you prayers. Less than 96 hours for me. I am terrified!!!!
  • boncharlie
    boncharlie Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I think it's probably better on your own... I was sooooo spaced out after my surgery but felt that I had to make conversation with everyone. Take it easy and slowly and you will be fine :)
  • jennyb319
    jennyb319 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    How exciting! Good luck! ☺
  • gaining_while_losing
    gaining_while_losing Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Good luck - you will be in my prayers. :-)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Sending good wishes! Hope all went well!!
  • countryrose7
    Options
    Things went well!! I spent two nights in the hospital and came home Saturday last week. I've been really lucky with getting my protein and water down. Oddly, I had a stall on day 7 and day 8, but that was my fault. I didn't get my protein in. I just can't stomach the shakes with milk or almond milk anymore. Waaaayyyy to sweet. I'm down 20.5 in 9days. Can't complain about that!
  • SmokeRising
    SmokeRising Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Were you hungry during the 9 days? I am on day 4 and starting to get hungry. However a sip of water still hurts like heck
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Too early to worry about stalls, or weighing. Your body is in "WTFjusthappenedtomeandwhereishalfofmyparts?!" mode. You'll retain/lose as the internal wounds heal. The first "real" stall happens for most people at the 3-4 week mark.
    PS) Weight loss isn't linear. Take weekly body measurements with a tape.
  • nakeddog
    nakeddog Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    anbrdr wrote: »
    Your body is in "WTFjusthappenedtomeandwhereishalfofmyparts?!" mode.

I totally lol'd at that.

Countryrose...glad things went well, thanks for the update, was wondering how you were doing.

• Tawnykakers1
    Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have not been keeping up on here. Glad to read all went great and your doing well. anbrdr is correct its way to early to worry about stalls. Just take time to adjust. My husband was not with me either. He would have gone nuts waiting. I made him go to work.
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    And another word about stalls...stalls are WAY more than 1 or 2 days. Stalls happen when there is NO weight loss and NO measurement changes for WEEKS. The exact timeframe is debatable. I do weigh daily, and measure certain areas weekly, but even then I see fluctuations day to day up and down. I weigh daily because it helps me keep honest and keep up with my water, activity, and know when shark week approaches. ;)

Good luck! Glad everything is going well!