Day3- bloated!!

Options
ldisel
ldisel Posts: 3 Member
I started on Monday, 4/4, and I am struggling! I'm possibly in the worst mood of my life, am exhausted, and am so bloated I look 4-5 months pregnant. Needing some support!

Replies

• shuki_cotren
    shuki_cotren Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I definitely know what you are going through. For me I had an intense headache that lasted for days each time. I also remember having a lack of energy. The headaches were so bad I took motrin even though I tried to do the whole30 without meds. I would definitely recommend exercise to help raise your spirits, and dont be skimping on calories... I take a spoonful of almond butter or I make homemade ranch dressing and use that for a dip with veggies... it is REALLY easy not to get enough calories if you are eating mostly just veggies, fruit, and meat/eggs. Gotta add the fat/oil/avocado,etc.

And the bloat? Just you wait, if you are following exactly the foods in the whole30 program, I think you should lose any bloat within a week or so (unless you have an issue or allergy maybe with a food in the program).

I am always super excited when I see I have lost 5-7 pounds in the first week just because my bloat goes away and I am seeing loss of water weight (I think that is how it works??) It is a great confidence booster and awesome kickstart to all the weight loss you will see on the whole30. I know weightloss isnt the primary goal of the program, but that is one item on my list to work on...
  • shuki_cotren
    edited April 2016
    Options
    My day 3 has been okay so far...I don't know what is going on...usually I have a sugar withdrawl headache by now. Not complaining though haha!

Meal 1: two scrambled eggs, half of aidells compliant chicken apple sausage link fried up in coconut oil. Had some sunflower seeds and a banana after.

Meal 2: will be having another romaine salad with tomatoes, hardboiled eggs (this time 2), and olive oil and vinegar. I will have lots of baby carrots, and an apple with almond butter too.

Meal 3: last day of my zucchini spaghetti with meat sauce (ground beef). Love it! Need to figure out what to make for dinners this weekend. I picked up some chicken breast.
  • shuki_cotren
    Options
    I had some blueberries tonight. I didnt actually have any almond butter today. Feeling like I should have eaten more fat today. Always tomortow!