Just not hungry

Options
I do an intermittent fast twice a week. Since starting a low carb, keto diet, I am just not hungry-this coming from someone who was ALWAYS hungry! It's amazing to me how carbs can f*** with your metabolism and your mind, making you think/feel that you're starving, when you're so over-nourished that you're killing yourself with food! Anyway, I digress!
I did a 24 hour fast from noon yesterday until noon today. Then I had a salad and a few buffalo chicken wings. Now it's time for dinner, and I'm just not hungry! I have mixed emotions, as I'm done with my I-Fasting for today, and feel that I maybe ought to eat something, but then again, why eat if I'm not hungry!? I can plan a good breakfast tomorrow, and enjoy that, and maybe even a little lost weight!
I NEVER imagined that I would be able to say that "I'm just not hungry, and don't want to eat!"

Replies

• DaniTronMcNally
    DaniTronMcNally Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I think you're smashing it! I'm not able to fast yet but I can't wait to! I'm currently breastfeeding my daughter and IF is a no-go. When I have done it I get amazing results! And I don't eat if I'm not hungry!
  • tinaisstillwell
    tinaisstillwell Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that! Yes, you need nutrition for your baby! Breast is best!
  • PatKos
    PatKos Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Did fasting speed up weight loss?
  • tinaisstillwell
    Options
    Yes, it has! It's not super fast, but it's steady progress. I do work out hard, and I have gained a lot of muscle. My body is looking much better, despite what the scale says. I have to get over that. A lot of my clothes are now too big now, and will be donated to GoodWill this weekend! I haven't measured myself for a while, but I know I've lost a lot of inches.
    IF makes the rest of the day easier to not overeat. When I do IF, I start my day with a cup of bulletproof coffee. That's coffee, with a tbsp of grass-fed butter, and some heavy cream. So, I'm getting calories, and fat, but the fat helps to kickstart the fat-burning process.
  • gwenmenz
    gwenmenz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The part about keto is this: I HATE butter! So thinking about drinking coffee with a big hunk of butter and coconut oil, plus heavy cream, makes me want to vomit. Any ideas?
  • carsonheim
    carsonheim Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    gwenmenz wrote: »
    I HATE butter

Does. Not. Compute.
  • tinaisstillwell
    Options
    The part about keto is this: I HATE butter! So thinking about drinking coffee with a big hunk of butter and coconut oil, plus heavy cream, makes me want to vomit. Any ideas?

I totally agree that it sounds disgusting, but have you tried it yet? It doesn't taste like a grease slick. It's creamy, which is how I like my coffee. When I first started I needed the sweet flavor so added one trivia packet. Then I lost the need for sweet and don't use the trivia anymore.
  • AussieMark1980
    AussieMark1980 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You could probably just leave out the butter, and have heavy cream and coconut/MCT oil in it?
  • AussieMark1980
    AussieMark1980 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was a bit funny my first time I had BPC but it definitely grows on you. If you have one everyday, "normal" coffee now tastes odd.
  • shaghaf
    shaghaf Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I just started yesterday and I love coffee with regular milk
    I tried coconut milk but was not nice
    I don't know about the heavy cream, I will buy it and try but for now I am drinking black coffee