so how is your day?

Options

Replies

• jesslintch
    jesslintch Posts: 63 Member
    Options

@anglyn1 I'm in MD and we must not be too far away from each other! Sunny skies here after a brief snow squall. (I would have cherished spring more had I known it was only going to last a week.)
    Enjoying coffee and dark chocolate during my planning and hoping my realtor calls soon with news that we got the house we submitted the bid on last night.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    7:09AM and "just getting started"! I woke up firmly wedged into the sweaty buttcrack of dawn, and have been at work for an hour and a half. Pulling a double today! Currently nursing an americano with an extra shot and a splash of cream. We're expecting 82 degree weather today! Yesterday was also low 80s. Absolutely beautiful, and I can't wait for some outdoor time this weekend.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Options
    This is totally my kind of thread :)

I was just sitting here all bored. But since you asked how my day is, let me tell you:

Got a new computer and monitor at work today. The computer is like the size of a, well I don't even know what but its tiny so now there is lots of extra room on my desk. And the monitor is like 23 inches or something so its huge and is taking some time to get used to.

How's your day!

Did you get a Mac mini? I have a Mac mini. Tiniest freaking computer I've ever seen.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    @Panda_Poptarts no its a dell OptiPlex or something like that. I'm still trying to adjust to the gigantic monitors we got too, its so weird
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Options
    @Panda_Poptarts no its a dell OptiPlex or something like that. I'm still trying to adjust to the gigantic monitors we got too, its so weird

I hope it works for you! I have 2 24'' monitors and would like a third. You get used to it :)
  • eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    What a fun thread!

No work today. Cold, gray, and snowy (!) in Minnesota. Walking and people watching at Mall of America. When I get my steps in, time for coffee and shoe shopping.

Pick my daughter up from school at 3 and then off to her eye appointment and dropping her off at ballet. Dinner was supposed to be grilled burgers, but, due to the weather, I'll give my husband a break and we'll do Chipotle burrito bowls instead. Tonight will be warm pajamas, Call the Midwife, and a fire in the fireplace!

Have a great day everyone!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @tishball "The weather is so bad you wouldn't put your ex out in it." HAHA. That made me laugh. You don't know my ex and I. Unfortunately, it is brutal. We just got done exchanging some terse emails this morning in fact. That started my Friday off well. I could use a good walk/run right now. I'm going to try to get out at lunch and get some air.

Thanks for starting a chat thread here. Really looking forward to getting out of work and enjoying the weekend. Need to think of some positive thoughts, plan something fun to do - that doesn't involve alcohol or carbs!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    @jesslintch good luck on the bid! :)

Today I woke up to snow...I'm currently at work sipping on my coffee w/ hwc. Counting down the time until I'm home in my PJ's! 5 1/2 more hours! haha. In between work I'm thinking of a meal plan for next week because this week went all crazy and we ended up going out to dinner and lunch way too much! I'm hoping for a pretty lazy weekend (though I need to get in a run and a weight workout).
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    oh, I love a chat thread! Just winding up the afternoon. Roasting a chicken and some veggies and looking forward to a glass of wine later. My daughter is studying for IB EXams and is a holy terror so I'm trying to stay out of her way. Wine may have to come sooner rather than later if I'm unsuccessful ;).
  • ambergem1969
    ambergem1969 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Day 9 of a new job here - and staring out the window and MORE SNOW. I am so done with winter but apparently it isn't done with Canada (or at least the part I'm sitting in, which is Ottawa). Just finished lunch (some leftover sirloin steak I seared last night and some fried cabbage) and trying to figure out how to spend the afternoon not freaking out about all the stuff I still don't know!
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    wow, snow seems to be a predominant theme. Sorry you guys. It's chilly and gray here, but thankfully dry. I could use some sunshine!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Today is going crazy fast. might have something to do with me over sleeping and getting in an hour and a half late. oops!

I was making coffee and realized it was lunch time and wasn't hungry. I headed to aldi to peruse their assortment of random items priced incredibly well. stocked up on more heavy cream, some queso fresco for fajitas tonight and bought a lilac plant as well as some other blue plant, can't remember the name lol. they both look like little sticks in a bag of dirt but for a couple of bucks it'll be a fun thing for me to mess around with before I kill it. maybe aldi plants are super hearty and these will actually live, time will tell.

any advice on what to do with them is much appreciated, I think its too cold to put them outside so I think i'll pot them up and set in the sun till the weather gets better and can put them outside.

I've been eating poorly lately, not over on calories but way too much candy and other crud for my own good. it happens to me this time of the month each month so no shock there. I've stopped weighing myself for the most part. I went clothes shopping last weekend and fit loosely in size 8 banana republic pants and small tops. I'm good with that, no need to force a number that the scale doesn't want to give up.

hoping to get back to jogging regularly if it'll warm up or at least stop snow/raining every day. so far today has been dry though cold so I might be able to get something in after work. I'm itchin to break in my new sneakers.

I'm also picking up some raised beds tomorrow, there is a guy by my work that makes them as a hobby for extra money, older gentleman. I figured yeah I could probably make them too. but I like being able to purchase locally from someone that can really use the money for something well crafted instead of forking over money to the big orange box store, only to have to get really irritated when they don't turn out as nice as I want. for only 20 bucks a box I really can't go wrong.
  • HedgeHaug
    HedgeHaug Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    @ambergem1969 Congrats on day 9!!
    Getting ready for a new patient, here in Texas.
    Road motorcycle in to work today! Quite a chill in the air, but now it's in the 80'sF.
    Think we'll take a road trip this weekend....somewhere with beach or green!
    How's your day going?
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    Today is going crazy fast. might have something to do with me over sleeping and getting in an hour and a half late. oops!

I was making coffee and realized it was lunch time and wasn't hungry. I headed to aldi to peruse their assortment of random items priced incredibly well. stocked up on more heavy cream, some queso fresco for fajitas tonight and bought a lilac plant as well as some other blue plant, can't remember the name lol. they both look like little sticks in a bag of dirt but for a couple of bucks it'll be a fun thing for me to mess around with before I kill it. maybe aldi plants are super hearty and these will actually live, time will tell.

any advice on what to do with them is much appreciated, I think its too cold to put them outside so I think i'll pot them up and set in the sun till the weather gets better and can put them outside.

I've been eating poorly lately, not over on calories but way too much candy and other crud for my own good. it happens to me this time of the month each month so no shock there. I've stopped weighing myself for the most part. I went clothes shopping last weekend and fit loosely in size 8 banana republic pants and small tops. I'm good with that, no need to force a number that the scale doesn't want to give up.

hoping to get back to jogging regularly if it'll warm up or at least stop snow/raining every day. so far today has been dry though cold so I might be able to get something in after work. I'm itchin to break in my new sneakers.

I'm also picking up some raised beds tomorrow, there is a guy by my work that makes them as a hobby for extra money, older gentleman. I figured yeah I could probably make them too. but I like being able to purchase locally from someone that can really use the money for something well crafted instead of forking over money to the big orange box store, only to have to get really irritated when they don't turn out as nice as I want. for only 20 bucks a box I really can't go wrong.

The raised boxes sound awesome! They add such order to planting.

if you can repot the plants and put them in the sun, I think that'll give them the best chance. Lilac smells so lovely.

We have Aldi in Germany ( in fact , I think it's a German company) but the stores here are poorly stocked, although sometimes they have good wine at a great price.

• auntstephie321
    Options
    @Ringbearer2 it is a German company. they have more and more stuff here all the time. it's probably a US thing we like over abundance.
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    yeah, so jealous of the Aldis and TJs variety in the US but it's not here! ( I am a slightly bitter expat )
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Fun post. I am proctoring an exam. Nothing to do but sit quietly and make sure no one cheats. LOL

My wife, daughter and I are going tonight to see WTF with Tina Fey. It's playing at an old movie theatre in our neighbourhood. It's very cool and the atmosphere is almost as good as they films. I will have some popcorn but not too much as it makes me feel ill now that I don't eat many carbs.

Starting to get a bit hungry but that's normal for this time of day 4:20pm. I haven't eaten anything since breakfast which is my normal routine now. Dinner is always great because I'm always ready for it. Way better than my old self who would eat all the time and was never hungry for any meal.
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! I have woken up to a couple of wee earthquakes (chch nz) so that was lovely :)
    Beautiful day here and I am off to yoga shortly and then I think just a nice quiet day pottering around home. My Aunt and Uncle might pop in later but other than that hubby and I are just keeping a low profile this weekend.
    @tishball - thanks, yes I did have a lovely time last night and stuck firmly to my allowed food. I have given in and started logging again but trying not to pay any attention to the calories.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Day 9 of a new job here - and staring out the window and MORE SNOW. I am so done with winter but apparently it isn't done with Canada (or at least the part I'm sitting in, which is Ottawa). Just finished lunch (some leftover sirloin steak I seared last night and some fried cabbage) and trying to figure out how to spend the afternoon not freaking out about all the stuff I still don't know!

In southern Ontario here, and snow on the ground for a 3rd time this week! Not just a little but 6 inches each time. Cold too. The lake level in front of our house has risen past the retaining wall and is creeping over the grass. No higher than a really floody year, but still worrying. The sump pump in the basement is barely gasping between pump outs and we have water at the other end that we are shop vac'ing out. Such is spring. Please no more snow and cold!

My birthday this weekend so I decided the menu. Our guests eat as we do, although they are eating a little higher carbs so I have added some sweet potato and roasted carrot pieces to the roast beast menu. They are staying for two overnights so just finished making a soup for lunch. Tomorrow is cleaning.

Struggling to not eat nuts. Every time I eat cashews, the cravings get out of hand.

@ambergem1969, don't freak out! I know that feeling well. I remind myself that if I knew it all in short order, I would bored and looking for a new job really fast.

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    yeah, so jealous of the Aldis and TJs variety in the US but it's not here! ( I am a slightly bitter expat )

Those are not everywhere in the US. I live in a rural area with very little. We have a couple of small grocery stores in my town, and there is a Wal-Mart about 25 miles away (the first Wal-Mart in our county, which opened a couple years ago but it is a small one).