April 4th to July 4th (90 days to change my life) My journey on this challenge!!!!

Options
Putting up this thread was a challenge bcos i am putting myself out here to be vanurable! I dont really know what to expect on this challenge but i am tired of hiding,tired of making excuses,Its now or never.This challenge has given me the right motivation and inspiration to be the best i can be ,My body is the only place i have to live in .i want to take the bold steps to put up this here to change my life,I have successes this week ,i have exercised on monday,wednesday and Thursday but still struggles with late night snacking and that will derail me so i am reaching out for support. Will share my scale and non scale victories here.I am trying to change and clean up my diet,i will come back here to read these 86 days left if my motivation wanes. i welcome input,motivations and suggestions.

my start weight :91kg
First major goal 85kg
second major goal .80kg
Final goal : 75kg

Replies

• LadyScorpio67
    LadyScorpio67 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    With acknowledging your late night snacking is one of your habits you want to break, maybe try replacing what you have with healthy low cal veggies. Replace with celery, carrots, etc. Dinner time try to add more protein and fiber and less carbs to see if that might help stave off the late night snacking.
  • momto2lovelykids
    momto2lovelykids Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    With acknowledging your late night snacking is one of your habits you want to break, maybe try replacing what you have with healthy low cal veggies. Replace with celery, carrots, etc. Dinner time try to add more protein and fiber and less carbs to see if that might help stave off the late night snacking.

Awsome advice,Thank you
  • flisscitythin
    flisscitythin Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My hubby is in the late night snacking cycle he used to eat chips and anything sweet he could get his hands on. He replaced with chopped up apple, it doesn't hit the spot in quite the same way, but after he has had the apple he doesn't go back and eat anything else so it seems to work.
  • momto2lovelykids
    Options
    My hubby is in the late night snacking cycle he used to eat chips and anything sweet he could get his hands on. He replaced with chopped up apple, it doesn't hit the spot in quite the same way, but after he has had the apple he doesn't go back and eat anything else so it seems to work.

Thanks for the input.i could snack on even everything when it hit,i remember eating an apple,then musli,then yogurt,it was so horrible for me,my stomach could never be full and dont know if it was in my head.
    I had the first succesful day,slept right after dinner and wouldnt wake up for anything in the kitchen,i am so happy about this non scale victory :smile:
    i stuck to my diet plan and had a good exercise and i am so grateful to this challenge and all the motivation here.Thank you
  • momto2lovelykids
    Options
    i copied my post from the weighin thread
    On this lovely saturday morning i was hesistant to weighin,didnt want to lose my motivation base on the scale,and i have struggled with my late night eating and just had a success only friday evening,i have been trying to convince myself that i dont need the scale and that it takes time for the good habits to catch up on the scale.so i said to myself ´let me concerntrate on getting a lot of good days and let me concerntrate on building the good habits that will keep me for a life time ,but still got up on the scale and to my surprise lost
    2.4lbs and couldnt stop dancing.I am already in my gym cloths ready to hit the gym.Thanks for this weighin thread .
    Starting weight 4/1: 91.6kg 201.5lbs
    Week 1: 4/8: 90.5 kg 199lbs(-2.4bls)
    Week 2: 4/15:
    Week 3: 4/22:
    Week 4: 4:29:
    Week 5: 5/6:
    Week 6: 5/13:
    Week 7: 5/20:
    Week 8: 5/27:
    Week 9: 6/3:
    Week 10: 6/10:
    Week 11: 6/17:
    Week 12: 6/24:
    Final weigh in: 7/1:
  • momto2lovelykids
    Options
    monday
    calories ended around 1500kcal
    Shaun t total body workout
  • LadyScorpio67
    Options
    Off to a fabulous start!! Way to go!!
  • momto2lovelykids
    Options

Thanks my dear
    how is ur week going?
  • LadyScorpio67
    Options

Thanks my dear
    how is ur week going?

Trying to work off whatever gain happened over the weekend. I was up on my sodium levels, so hopefully it was a matter of water retention even though I drink about a gallon of water a day. Shooting to get at or a little below last Friday's weigh-in weight. We shall see!
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I bought popcorn in Costco - called Boom Chicka Pop; low calorie - no butter and seasoned with sea salt. Then I have to clean my teeth. So we will see how this works.
  • momto2lovelykids
    edited April 2016
    Options

Thanks my dear
    how is ur week going?

Trying to work off whatever gain happened over the weekend. I was up on my sodium levels, so hopefully it was a matter of water retention even though I drink about a gallon of water a day. Shooting to get at or a little below last Friday's weigh-in weight. We shall see!

my midweek checkin weightwise was discouraging,then not long before we were on our way for the weekend in italy saw that my *time of the month] is here,so not having so much hopes,bcos we are on the road i will weighin on monday,Keeping my fingers cross for you that the water retention balances out for you although i have heard of foods like asparagus that helps with the water.
    Lilymay2 wrote: »
    I bought popcorn in Costco - called Boom Chicka Pop; low calorie - no butter and seasoned with sea salt. Then I have to clean my teeth. So we will see how this works.

sounds like a tasty snack!

i also manage to workout on thursday,i had my treadmill time with upper body strength training,i just couldnt log on here,dont know why
    cheering you and Ladyscorpio on!
  • momto2lovelykids
    Options
    Caught. Myself off guard today grazing as i walk thru the kitchen,i am kinda relax after my vacation,still in that mood,so i was frightened for once to see how easy it is to fall back in the old pattern eating whatever i want and in whatever quantity i want it.i had to remind my self that i promise to give my best 10 weeks left,
    I only did exercise yesterday but didnt give my all like i always do.
    I am recommiting to give my best for the rest of the week

SW........91.6kg
    GW.......80kg (-10kg)

Week 1: 4/8: 90.5 kg (-1.1kg)
    Week 2: 4/15: 90.9kg(+0.5kg)
    Week 3: 4/25
    Week 4: 4:29:
    Week 5: 5/6:
    Week 6: 5/13:
    Week 7: 5/20:
    Week 8: 5/27:
    Week 9: 6/3:
    Week 10: 6/10:
    Week 11: 6/17:
    Week 12: 6/24:
    Final weigh in: 7/1:

• momto2lovelykids
    Options
    Wow seems like ages between starting a new work,i have been so busy with this new turns of events
  • momto2lovelykids
    Options
    I am 196lbs 89.3kg now
    Weight seems to go down now.
    Almost 6 pounds down on this challenge yay!!!
  • momto2lovelykids
    Options
    14 pounds to go by 4th july
    Approx 6 to 7 weeks to go,
    I dont log my food bcos i eat at work and cant weigh but goals for today are
    Eat plain and simple at work then log the rest of my meals.
    To drink 1.5 litre at least.
    I want to fit loosely in my favorite dress kept for an occasion on the 3rd of july!
  • LadyScorpio67
    Options
    Great goals! You're doing fab lady!
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    How are you doing with your goals?