Starting Over & Looking for More Friends

Options
Daymia
Daymia Posts: 57 Member
Hi all! I've been a member of MFP and EM2WL for a few years now, but haven't been very active.

I had started eating healthy and exercising in 2011/2012, and a year later, found myself 70 pounds lighter. And then, I let it all go... worst decision I've ever made. I've spent the last several years moaning and groaning about it, mental knocking myself down, and in general, not doing myself any good.

Now that I am back, I've found I need to add to my friend's list. Many have left or are now inactive, but I find I need more motivation, more chatter, more people on similar journeys!

Replies

• Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me as a friend :) I've also put on some weight since reaching my goal in Dec 2012.
  • justsayinisall
    justsayinisall Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    welcome to the grind. stop beating yourself up, the world will do enough of that for you. pick yourself up, dust yourself off, learn how to do it right, and start again. when you do it this time, the right way, you will learn how much and how to eat for when you finish with the weight loss portion. once weight is off you'll be able to transition into normal life and eat like a real normal person. you won't put on weight eating a modest dinner out with friends.
  • erin0201
    erin0201 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new here, but have been following the same philosphy for the past year or two. I went through about a 9 month plateau/maintenance period because I extended my "cut" phase too long and let myself get into the lower the cals lose weight mindset and slack on strength. I'm back in action and ready to get started on the next milestones! I'm looking for motivating buddies on this journey too. :)

June 2014 Start: 242lbs, size 22
    (started a cut without knowing that's what I was doing in September 2014)
    May 2015 smallest: 191lbs, size 14
    Current: 193lbs, size sort of 13
    Goal: lbs..not focused on that, 25% bodyfat, size 8 (or 6?)

I've honestly never been this small fit or healthy in my entire adult life so I'm not sure where my body will land me at 25% body fat size wise. But I know I'm going to focus on doing it right this time and remember that the cutting phase is good, but to go back to bulking when it starts to slow down instead of just maintaining for several months!

Have to remember to look at the mirror and not at that darn scale! :)
    Feel free to add me as a friend! Never give up! (except on the diet industry's crap story that told us to eat less to lose weight and do tons of cardio only) We CAN do this!
  • Nessawade
    Nessawade Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am reading comments and this is like the story of my adult life.
    I was telling my husband that since Ive had my son 15 yrs ago...I have been yoyoing with the same damn 20 lbs for 15yrs. This is definitely a lifestyle change always trying to eat my best, workout, stay active, dont drink too much, etc.
    So, last summer I got back down, gained it back and now here I am really getting serious yet again to feel comfortable in my swim suit. Any friends need cheers and motivation, add me. I know I always need that push as well.
    Living the YoYo life. ♡ BUT never stop trying