8 weeks in and 40 pounds down...it is possible!

Options
MrsFuddy
MrsFuddy Posts: 3 Member
I just had my 8 week weigh in and I am down exactly 40 pounds. I FEEL AMAZING! I know that this is the last "diet" I will ever do. Amazing what happens when you figure out what is wrong with your body. I used to work out 5-6 days a week and eat clean and never lose more than 20 pounds at a time. I know there are people out there that will say I must have cheated or not worked hard. I did for almost 2 years. Then I went to my naturopath and we discovered that I have metabolic syndrome and needed a new approach. Thank goodness for her because my life has already been improved by leaps and bounds and only in 2 months.

Replies

• rhowil
    rhowil Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is wonderful! I can't wait to see where I am at 8 weeks. I made it through week one and only lost 3 lbs. i did eat 1-2oz piece of cheese midweek but all of the other days I followed carefully.
  • mbenati
    mbenati Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just started last week and lost 6 lbs. Learning a lot about Ketosis and the discipline it takes. Those glasses of wine in special events are very tempting... but so far it feels good and am not hungry.
  • dcmburke
    dcmburke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started today. Heard about an IP "setting" for this app, but can't find any such thing. Any advice appreciated :)
  • tammylyn_
    tammylyn_ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats :)

An IP setting? I'm curious ...
  • wwalters62
    wwalters62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day to start. I am committing to losing 40 pounds. Excited and also a little apprehensive about getting going. First three days are the hardest, right?
  • sparandr
    sparandr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    "MrsFuddy; are you eating your bars? I am not losing as fast and was wondering if I should skip the bars.
  • MrsSanthoff
    MrsSanthoff Posts: 272 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hello Fellow Ideal Protein'ers!! I made a message board for advice, motivation and support. I would love to join this fabulous group of people to connect with as I am starting my IP journey on Monday! I am so excited!!! Please add me as a friend!!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10319774/ideal-protein-support-advice-and-motivation#latest

Also, I dont know if there is a IP setting, but I did go in and modify my goals to reflect:
    Calories 1000
    Carbohydrates 50 g 20 %
    Fat 28 g 25 %
    Protein 138 g 55 %

I may adjust as needed, but this was a baseline to start out with!

Congrats to everyone who has lost weight so far and many well wishes that we all continue to shrink!!
  • missanne11
    missanne11 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I started last Wednesday. My first weigh in tomorrow. Had a bad start as my weekend was not as planned. Had a few drinks light rum with water-which is a change as I was always having rum with Diet Coke. Love to b part of everyone's journey. Please feel free to add me as your friend. I hope to lose 43 lbs. Wish me luck lol!
  • SmithDonnaM
    SmithDonnaM Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. Not new to MFP and 9 weeks into Idela
    protein. 27 pounds down. Feeling great so far. But a bit tired of vegetables. Miss my fruit.
  • jmw6019
    jmw6019 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm missing fruit too! 5 weeks in and 12 lbs lost (although my official IP # is lower - weigh in is after lunch!!)
  • dp170
    dp170 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Miss fruit also. First week down 7.6 pounds. I drink crystal light with splenda once a day to help when I want fruit.
  • The_Finja
    The_Finja Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    How does everyone like this ideal protein thing. I'm in for 4 weeks, feeling quite hungry throughout the day. Anyone else?
  • honeybear0215
    honeybear0215 Posts: 21 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Has anyone tried jicama. Its very tasty. Can be eaten raw or cooked. Raw its juicy and has some sweetness to it like a fruit. And cooked it nakes yummy fries and has a savory taste. I definitely recommend it :)
  • classykaren
    classykaren Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thank you honeybear I will try this.
  • officialphotochic
    officialphotochic Posts: 7 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Oh my God I am so happy to find you guys I had weight loss surgery 6 years ago and after over 6 years i gained back 36 pounds out of 150 lost and 5 people in my family have done the ideal protein plan and so I went to an informational seminar and right away knew from my previous training with weight loss surgery that it was an awesome program and it was going to help me detox of sugar back out of my life and my husband and I decided to actually do it together and we're doing it as a team we have both lost exactly 11 pounds in two weeks his blood pressure has gone down considerably and this week will be our third week weigh in and I'm so super excited and I love the fact that you guys are here yay....
  • lodabb2014
    lodabb2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also had weight loss surgery 6 years ago. I gained 90 of the140 pounds I lost. I've been on IP for 80 days and am down 50 pounds. The protocol of IP is completely compatible with my dieting style. I am glad I found it.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I started Oct 13 (the day after my 50th birthday) and have lost 27.5 lbs so far. Love IP!!

For everyone missing fruit have you tried Chayote squash?? I found them at walmart & if you slice them up & simmer them (or steam them) with some Walden Farms caramel dip, apple butter & cinnamon you get what tastes very much like stewed apples. Its awesome with IP oatmeal for breakfast & counts as one of your required vegetables!!
  • tlnorth77
    tlnorth77 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    New to IP, and notice these are old posts. Anyone still here? How are people doing health-wise?
  • carana69
    carana69 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi I am in maintenance since January I started my journey in sept 2018 at 217.6. my goal was 170 and I am now at 161. I want to help anyone in need of support and answer any questions. I am here to help