Low carb recipes

Options
merdi1193
merdi1193 Posts: 9 Member
I've just started a low carb diet and I'm already running out of ideas for what to cook. :( any recipes would be much appreciated.

Replies

• dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    @merdi1193

We also like:

www.ruled.me

but in early days, we concentrated on a meal with protein and a veg or salad.

So: hamburger, chicken, a chop with a salad, or broccoli, or string beans. If we wanted to, we would melt cheese on veggies or add cream to a pan of sauteed veg. Now we do Chinese, cauliflower rice etc etc but it does take time. We enjoy the process.

Many of your previous meals are just fine. Just skip the potatoes, rice or sweet sauces. If you want something to put dinner over, cooked cabbage or thin zucchini will do. But stick to basics and things will fall into place. Keep it simple to start with. Lunch here is often a mixture of tinned fish and mayo over a few lettuce leaves. Boring but it works.

Good luck!
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I do similar... cook the way I did before and replace high carbs with low alternatives... courgette (zucchini?) noodles/spaghetti with bolognese, cauliflower mash, curry and cauliflower rice.. get a spiralizer - that's great for turning all veg into noodles and spaghetti.
  • KarlynKeto
    KarlynKeto Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I had to get a binder today to hold all the recipes I keep finding all over the Internet. I print them off and keep copies of the ones I liked, and another pile for ones I may want to try. The piles are getting messy, so time to organize them.

One recipe that you can find many places is oopsie bread. It was fun to make, yummy too.
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Pinterest has tons of good recipes!
  • merdi1193
    merdi1193 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much!
  • SueMizzou2
    SueMizzou2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    There are a number of good ready made meal plans available for free. Just google it.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I know you're specifically looking for recipes, but Instagram is a great place to go for visual meal inspiration with hashtags like #keto #ketodiet #lchf #lowcarb
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Put the word "keto" in front of almost any recipe into Google and you will find more than you ever dreamed of! Good luck!