Weekly Post 04.04. - 10.04.16

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
Last weeks fasts were OK, but exercise a bit minimal.

Weekend was nice...nice horse back ride and a spontaneous date with a new guy on Saturday. Coffee turned to drinks and dinner and then we met up on Sunday afternoon. He's a real cowboy, thus we have the love for horses and nature in common. Will see where it leads. Taking it slower than in the recent past ;) Yes, I have learned a thing or two...

Won't be able to do any proper fasts this week. Bosses visiting today and tomorrow...lunch out. Birthday on Thursday....tapas and drinks planned for the evening. And a ladies night on Friday. So I will be going for 16:8 and keeping a daily deficit, when possible....avoiding chocolate will be a good start :p and eating lots of veggies in my home cooked meals.

Have a great week!

Replies

• flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Hi Gang! I'm going back to basics, starting with my old schedule of fasting on Tuesdays and Fridays to coincide with my dance class. I had a strange week with food last week where I found myself "accidently" fasting on several days. I haven't stepped on the scale to see if it made a dent as I'm feeling slightly puffy from a weekend getaway (eating out) and my impending TOM. I'll wait until the end of my cycle to see if the accumulation of my FD and low calorie days paid off. Fingers crossed!! We bought a bike trainer a few weeks ago, so in addition to walking this morning, I decided to give that a go and wound up on it for 20 minutes. Now that it looks like I may be substitute teaching more frequently, I'll need to become a much better planner to insure I stay focused on exercise and meals. Have a great week, aeveryone and fingers crossed, Flumi!!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Accidently fasting!!! OMG, that just never happens to me!! You're awesome Flossy!
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    I don't believe you, friend!! Perhaps you call it something different!! It's those times when you get carried away in the day or the days gets away from you, which is what happened to me last week. I strategically planned my FD, but had circumstances beyond my control (uh, like, Friday L.A. traffic) derail my efforts to eat. I know it seems like some bizarro alternate universe, but it happened. Not something that happens often.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Believe me. I never 'forget' to eat and normally catch up in the evening, if I didn't eat much during the day...which really doesn't happen. Which is why I plan my fast days meticulously ;-)
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Snuck in a 600cal fast today as the bosses came and left without wanting to go out for lunch ;-) Light day planned for tomorrow. Thus I should be able to level out Thursday and Friday's evening festivities :)
  • klmcneil1
    klmcneil1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Successful fast today! Was a coworker's birthday, so there was a party with lemon cake. (I love lemon cake!) But I was strong ...

Though I did take a piece home to eat tomorrow. ;)
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Ah your day went better than mine Flumi.... The dog got messy poop on her paw and tracked it all over the carpet and after trying to clean it with my carpet cleaner I realized my husband poured a bleach solution into the bottle when it was empty making me think it was carpet cleaner!!!! Needless to say I was not impressed! Worked out for an hour on our home gym with weights and completed almost 5mile walk made me feel a little better!! Chicken & coleslaw for dinner but I cannot guarantee I'll refrain from wine tonight!!!! >:)
  • luciewhitefield25
    luciewhitefield25 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    happy hump day everyone! nearly the weekend, woo! on my second fast day of the week today, I think my stomach is shrinking too as I am not feeling as hungry as expected on non-fast days!

My FD today is working out 515 calories, I'm assuming its ok to go over a little? Plus I am aiming for a 4 mile + run tonight so should burn more than enough to make up for the extra 15!

First weigh in on Friday in a couple of months, feeling nervous but excited to set some real goals!
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    I had a solid fast day yesterday. In addition to dance, I managed to log in about 14,000 steps. I walk most mornings, but lately have been doing double walks as my son has been asking to walk with me. I can never turn him down. Needless to say, I was really tired last night.

@luciewhitefield25 I fast on days when I have my dance class, which is over the lunch hour. I have found that I still need something to give me energy so I can do my best. I eat an energy gel about a half hour before class and this gets me through without any problems. They run about 100 cals and while I do log it, I still eat about 500 cals at dinner. I've lost over 40 lbs doing it this way, so I don't think 15 cals over will do much.
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Second fast day this week in progress. I get tempted by all the sidebar ads for cute clothes and shoes when I come to this site. The food ads are mostly processed stuff so that isn't as tempting. But I love the reports from real people (you people!) who are taking steps to get and stay healthy. :)
  • namlakhorn
    namlakhorn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    I started my 5:2 diet on Monday 28th March.
    I'm fasting Monday's and Thursday's and find it more easy than feared to limit myself at approx 600kcal.

Went on scale today and I was amazed to see that I had lost 4,5kg in just 11 days, so I am now 88,5kg.

I think it has gone too fast and will try to balance it better. I have been fanatic in logging everything I have eaten or drinken, including exercise done.

On my non fasting days, I have been focused to get the right balance of carb, protein and fat and eaten healthy. I have allowed myself alcohol whenever I wanted on non fasting days but limited it to a few glasses only. In average I have on non fasting days taken 2000cal. I would say that I have never felt starved or suffer but by logging the calories it just kind supported me in not overeating. It actually could be that I am under eating a bit since I lost so much in that short time.

I have done exercises every day (average 400-500 cal per day), only had a resting day yesterday and will take another one today.

Overall I'm happy with where things are going.

Wish you all the best in reaching your goals

Namlakhorn
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Well done. The losses will slow down. At the beginning you lose retained water quickly. Thus no worries, just keep doing what you are doing. As long as you feel well all is good ;-)
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Was on track for a very good FD yesterday...until the time struck wine o'clock. Ugh...such a waste. I always feel like that after I blow it. Fasting is a bit of a stressor for me. It's not in the sense that I don't have to think about what to eat until dinner. But it does put stress on the body a bit, so when I overindulge after fasting, I feel like I completely wasted my efforts. Will try again Monday.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Flossy try not to think of it as overindulging... Maybe it's just called living. Maybe we all need to remember to enjoy an evening without thinking we've failed in some way. You're on the right road, lost from what I remember, 40 or so lbs!! Last week when I did the same thing I really thought about what it meant. I came to realize that I've changed my way of eating, forever! I'm on my way to a 30" waist with or with some wine along the way. It's ok to live, overindulging is just a word and we're not overindulging everyday!! So when that clock strikes wine o'clock, as you hilariously put it, I'm saying "cheers".....and that's my new mantra! B)
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Mama, I'm so glad you are active in this thread. Of course, you are right. I get so locked into what is good or bad. As I've gotten older, I tend to be less black and white, but it still happens when it comes to my diet and my goals. Last night's "overindulgence" was simply life happening. It wasn't failure...BOOM! That just happened. I'm so glad you pointed that out to me. I have to remember not to judge the journey with one step forwards, backwards, or sideways...I need to judge it by the total number of steps taken. Thanks, friend!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    What Mama said! I will be cheering to you both this evening as it is going to be a sunny day on my balcony and that needs to be celebrated B)

Had a good and difficult week with emotional ups and downs. Weight is up due to festivities, but my next fast day is around the corner. Though I'm not losing...I am maintaining and that in itself is a win for a lifetime overweighter ;)
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Thanks Flumi! can you see those gorgeous mountains from your balcony? Life throws plenty at us at times so I'm glad to hear you took the time to enjoy your evening relaxing!!! Some days we're all hard on ourselves and other days/weeks life is a breeze..... It's all good, I figure if I'm still looking in the mirror each morning that's a good thing, I'll try again to stay on the right path. Maintenance is always better than gaining so that's a victory for sure! I have had a couple of people comment now about losing too much weight, so that's been a bit of a mind game for me. I am trying to firm up but that's proving more difficult than losing weight!! Also I am starting to read the forum on maintaining weight to prepare myself soon. The one thing that I can recommend for body & mind, besides the 5:2 way of eating for weight loss is walking 10k steps, or close to it, each day! It clears the head and works off that extra glass of wine, or in my case last week, that bag of milk chocolate chips I was suppose to use for baking cookies that didn't happen!!! :p

Would like to hear how the newcomers are doing that joined recently? How are your FD going?? What are your favourite meals? Any obstacles?

Tomorrow starts a new week everyone!! :)

@flossyruby1 :*
  • GraetLifeIfYouDontWeaken
    GraetLifeIfYouDontWeaken Posts: 33 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Mama, I'm on the last day of my first month on 5:2. Ringing in under 500 cals on 8 days of those 4 weeks, and was at or under my TDEE on all the other days. I'd say it's been pretty painless so far, and I'm thinking I can keep this up in the long long run. My success to date has been much supported by all of you posting in these forums, especially frequent/long term people like you and several others here (and at the fastdiet.co.uk forums), and I am in your debt. I'm down 9+ lbs as of today. About 40 more to go. Onward!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Today's weigh in wasn't what I had hoped it would be, but it was still lower than last week, so I call it a win! My fast days were good, I just have to tighten up NFDs. But, only 29 more school days and summer will be here! So, I have something to work for. :) I think of and pray for you all. I know we can do this!
  • klmcneil1
    klmcneil1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi @mamainthekitchen ... Things are going well for this newcomer: I've been fasting 2x/wk for the last 3 weeks and I've lost a solid 3 lbs. A pound a week might not sound like much, but I'm fairly close to my target weight (current BMI is 23.2), so it def doesn't come off easily.

My husband is going to start fasting with me, too, which I'm thrilled about. (The Mosley documentary convinced him.)

Favorite fasting meal so far is bean burritos. So satisfying!
    fxiirkf7apb4.jpeg