Water..

katdanash
katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
I love ice water . I love lemon water , infused berry water . some days I find it hard to get all my water in . anyone got any tricks or tips

Replies

• smurphy90
    smurphy90 Posts: 71 Member
    I use an app on my phone, just to remind me to drink. I don't dislike water, and I don't drink anything else, other than the occasional glass of juice or milk. But I forget a lot, so I use the Plant Nanny app (you water a cute animated plant every time you drink and it eventually grows). I've also used the Hydro Coach app, too. I like them both. :smile:
  • 1cand0it2
    1cand0it2 Posts: 169 Member
    I use bottled water, the 23.something size. In the morning, I get 3 bottles out and lay them out for the day, so I know when I got my water in. I also drink green tea, a few cups a day, but I don't count those. (Just so I don't interfere with my system.)

I use bottled water because I gave up diet coke, and I'm used to having a bottle in my hand! It makes it a little easier...
  • katdanash
    I gave up all soda. I always have water with me . somedays I drink 2ltrs but then other day I do good to get a ltr down . I drink coffee , black and water . just don't always feel thirsty .
  • LCSt68
    LCSt68 Posts: 67 Member
    I just looked up how much water I need to drink for my weight in order to be well hydrated. 268 ounces per day. That's 7 liters. Even figuring in liquids from cooking and the water in food, it's very difficult to get in more than 3 liters. This means I go around in a state of constant dehydration, I guess. :-/ Not good.

Do you all think that sounds about right? Or too extreme? Because if it's right I may as well start living in the bathroom because that's where I'm going to be spending most of my time.
  • BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    LCSt68 wrote: »
    I just looked up how much water I need to drink for my weight in order to be well hydrated. 268 ounces per day. That's 7 liters...

I worked mine out some weeks back, and had similar results. There's no way in hell that I can manage that much, so I always carry around a water 750ml water bottle, and try to keep it filled. If I'm walking around, I keep it in my bag so the weight reminds me to drink. At work, I keep it on my desk, right next to my computer monitor, so its always in sight.

I probably only get 3 litres of water per day, I doubt I could manage much more, but I figure its best to be getting some rather than none. But yes, like you, if I aim for 7, I best just tie myself to a tap, ha ha.
  • katdanash
    My doctor told me a gallon a day .. I did that when I was pregnant for my daughter 19 years ago .. All I did was pee.. At 2 ltrs a day I'm always going to bathroom .
  • animalrob37
    animalrob37 Posts: 92 Member
    It's very important to drink as much water as you can. You can lose far more weight.
  • LCSt68
    It does make a difference. I read an article just lately that said if you drink more you'll go to the bathroom more, but only at first. Your body gradually adjusts and the bathroom visits will lessen. (and become more productive? ;) ) I sure hope that's true.
  • katdanash
    LCSt68 wrote: »
    It does make a difference. I read an article just lately that said if you drink more you'll go to the bathroom more, but only at first. Your body gradually adjusts and the bathroom visits will lessen. (and become more productive? ;) ) I sure hope that's true.

ME too.... Seems like I live in the bathroom .. Lol
  • katdanash
    I have found my water goal maker !!! It's a bubba cup that holds ice for 12 hours . water is always cold !! Holds 24 oz . I bought a gallon at work and refill !!!
  • krce
    krce Posts: 213 Member
    I just downloaded Plant Nanny (thanks @smurphy90!). It gave me a goal of 126oz. I was aiming for 100oz, so I'll try to up my intake a bit.
  • LCSt68
    I did too, it's so cute!
  • smurphy90
    smurphy90 Posts: 71 Member
    krce wrote: »
    I just downloaded Plant Nanny (thanks @smurphy90!). It gave me a goal of 126oz. I was aiming for 100oz, so I'll try to up my intake a bit.

I love it. It's adorable. Your plant will die though! Keep hydrated! haha
  • katdanash
    My phone didn't have enough space for plant nanny so I downloaded water time pro.. So far so good . 5 oz away from today's goal