Day One...GO

Options
thehoss316
thehoss316 Posts: 125 Member
All -

A bit early, but here is your Day One reporting post. Here, share what you did, how you feel, where you hope to be, concerns/fears...anything you wish.

I'm working out first thing tomorrow morning, ETA 6:30AM US Eastern Standard Time. Here is what you'll see from me (and this is only a guide - feel free to share more/less)...

1) Pic of me post-workout
2) What I did
3) My "progress" sheet to show how I progressed (historically, as well as on a go-forward basis)
4) Things I need to work on moving forward.

Again, this Challenge is YOURS - Please feel free to share what you wish, and even get creative!

Replies

• singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm happy to share my workouts but I will warn all that at times my strength routines can be complex.

Today starting out around 165 with 18% BF. Goal long term is to reach 160 and 15 percent or less. My fear is that what they say is true about trying to achieve goals in your 40s. My workouts and fitness level are pretty on point. My nutrition is getting there. Still everything is moving pretty slowly. I'm not yet able to post any impressive before and after pics.

I have lost weight pretty much at the rate I planned on since starting last month. I'm down 6 pounds from my start of 171. I just feel like things are slowing down a bit.

Not getting down as I love the routine so no plans to let up now!
  • Safetysuitgirl
    Safetysuitgirl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    So I sat down and created a fitness vision board. I divided it into 4 sections. 1. Goals 2. Words of affirmation, progress and rewards. I put it in the bathroom so I see it everyday and it actually is helping staying on track and stay focused! I killed 2 of my goals today!
    I hiked a famous mountain on the island today! Kokohead and I did it in a sports bra! A month ago I would have never thought I would even have enough confidence to do that but today I did! So proud of myself
  • thehoss316
    Options
    My "Day 1" workout, done! P90X2 Chest-Shoulders-Tris. Probably my best go with this.

Pics to show, if nothing else, 1) I own a TV and the DVDs, and 2) I've written some numbers on a sheet. :)

Doing a few days of active recovery so that I can now the roof through the last 3 week (@Yisrael1981-PAP TIME!). I'm way too stubborn about giving myself time off. qtzfnuqmfg9d.jpeg
    jrdwx8y0cttp.png
    dddvaei2pnol.jpeg
  • nicolemarie999
    nicolemarie999 Posts: 91 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have a cold, so I'm down and out on work outs for at least a couple more days. But I will post when I can ;)
    Fitness goals:
    Run at least 15 miles per week
    Reach 1000 steps every day
    2 strength or plyo sessions per week
    1 Piyo session per week
  • sprale
    sprale Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Today I did 45 minutes of Turbo Jam. My goal is to do Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire three times a week, so I've got one down for this week.
  • BoomstickChik
    BoomstickChik Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I woke sick (darn kids) so nothing too rough in the way of exercise today.

My main goals for the challenge are to not go over my calories, take my kickboxing class every time my schedule allows, 30 min. of yoga a day, and to try a Zumba class at least once.

I'm not putting myself on a strict goal as far as weight goes because it never works out well for me and only sends me into a flare.

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    started with 22 minute hard corps. I did "Cold Start & resistance 2". I took a half hour break...to shower, then went to the gym! hit some chest & tris today!
  • Pinkylady80
    Pinkylady80 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'm trying a bootcamp at my local park tonight. Good old Scotland though, it's about 6 degrees out at the moment so who knows what it'll be tonight! Bit nervous as know a couple of girls that go and they are super fit, I've still got jelly that jiggles!!
  • amphilion
    amphilion Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Will be doing 1 hour of spinning tonight with a 30 minutes of boxing! Will post the calories burn this evening.

Will be weighing myself tomorrow at the gym (I always use the same machine) and will be getting my completly impedence body test (body weight, water weight, and exact body weight). Thus will post tomorrow!

My goals is to work out 4-5 times a week, with keeping equal or under my calories intake of 1700 calories a day!

I have also stopped drinking alcohol during this month's challenge :) to see the difference in the changes!

Great day 1 to all
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Day 1 for me:

Weight: 188.7 lbs (maitence under 190)

Workout: Insanity Max Interval Plyo 60 min.

Calories: I'm trying a new plan of being 250 under maitence calories on cardio days. 2250 Calories.

Goal: Body recomposition gain muscle while staying under 190 lbs.

Cheers
  • singletrackmtbr
    edited April 2016
    Options
    OK I'm not much for photo posting but why not? Sorry for the mess behind me. That's the kids' side of the garage!

I'm 45 years old, 5'9",currently #165 down from 171 with a goal of 160. BF by calipers hovers between 18-19%.

Today's workout included Insanity Max 30 Friday Night Fight Round 1 and Ab Attack 10. After that I did a little pushup routine I've been working on to increase my numbers. It's worthwhile but kind of brings down my calories per minute.

Tomorrow will be strength training focusing on the back. Have a great day everyone!

whly2mhvuuuk.png
    ylbw78si6fqa.png
    2bjw8ami2u01.jpg

I'm 45 years old, 5'9",currently #165 down from 171 with a goal of 160. BF by calipers hovers between 18-19%.

Today's workout included Insanity Max 30 Friday Night Fight Round 1 and Ab Attack 10. After that I did a little pushup routine I've been working on to increase my numbers. It's worthwhile but kind of brings down my calories per minute.

Tomorrow will be strength training focusing on the back. Have a great day everyone!
  • singletrackmtbr
    Options
    Loomisj72 wrote: »
    Day 1 for me:

Nice work. Max Plyo is brutal. I've been there!
  • Weights4me
    Weights4me Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for my chest congestion to clear up so I don't infect all those I love at the gym. Trying to hold down my calories and not daydream of food. Good work everyone!
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    betheriver wrote: »
    Day 1 for me:

Yea it's the hardest one in my opinion. 92 of the 96 pushups on the level 3 drills. I'm happy I couldn't do that last week.
  • singletrackmtbr
    Options
    Day 1 for me:

Yea it's the hardest one in my opinion. 92 of the 96 pushups on the level 3 drills. I'm happy I couldn't do that last week.

Badass. I suck at pushups but I'm working on it. Weird because I have a pretty strong bench. Only way to get better is to do more, right? I'm aiming to get 100 in good form without a break. That's a long way off:)

• thehoss316
    Options
    Day 1 for me:

Badass. I suck at pushups but I'm working on it. Weird because I have a pretty strong bench. Only way to get better is to do more, right? I'm aiming to get 100 in good form without a break. That's a long way off:)

Agree...Max Plyo just absolutely sucks...
  • JeffFit70
    JeffFit70 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Enjoying all the posts here!

This day and week one for me is acutally a deload week. Still hitting the gym but less volume.

Here is today's Upper Body workout:

https://instagram.com/p/BEEXVDytN6W/

Bench Press
    225 * 3 * 4
    255 * 1 * 1
    275 * 1 * 1
    285 * 1 * 1

BB ROWS
    175*3*6

Incline DB Bench Press
    70*2*8

Chin Ups
    BW*2*10

Biceps BB Curl
    80*2*8

Skullcrushers
    80*2*8

DB Lateral Raises
    15*1*12
    20*1*12

3 Mile Walk.
    1 Mile Run.

Here is my starting point/stats for this challenge and a pic from yesterday:
    Weight:184
    Height: 5"10
    BF%: Not sure, and don't care. Currently have a 4 pack. Want to get to about 175.

zimyxdexz28j.jpg
  • rowan_moonchild
    rowan_moonchild Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thehoss316 wrote: »
    All -

A bit early, but here is your Day One reporting post. Here, share what you did, how you feel, where you hope to be, concerns/fears...anything you wish.

I'm working out first thing tomorrow morning, ETA 6:30AM US Eastern Standard Time. Here is what you'll see from me (and this is only a guide - feel free to share more/less)...

1) Pic of me post-workout
    2) What I did
    3) My "progress" sheet to show how I progressed (historically, as well as on a go-forward basis)
    4) Things I need to work on moving forward.

Again, this Challenge is YOURS - Please feel free to share what you wish, and even get creative!

• rowan_moonchild
    rowan_moonchild Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So today I plan on doing my daily yoga and working on some new poses. I also plan on walking around my neighborhood.
    I started off at 190, the heaviest ive ever been in my life, at 24 years old. I hurt my back 2 years ago which caused me to gain a lot of weight due to imobility.
    But this year, now that my back is finally healed I have made the choice to get in shape and take control of my all over health, mind body and spirit!
    So as of today I am 176.8 pounds and I couldn't be happier or more motivated.
  • Weights4me
    Weights4me Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    JeffFit70 wrote: »

This day and week one for me is acutally a deload week. Still hitting the gym but less volume.

Bench Press
    225 * 3 * 4
    255 * 1 * 1
    275 * 1 * 1
    285 * 1 * 1

BB ROWS
    175*3*6

Incline DB Bench Press
    70*2*8

Chin Ups
    BW*2*10

Biceps BB Curl
    80*2*8

Skullcrushers
    80*2*8

DB Lateral Raises
    15*1*12
    20*1*12

3 Mile Walk.
    1 Mile Run.

BF%: Not sure, and don't care. Currently have a 4 pack. Want to get to about 175.

zimyxdexz28j.jpg
    JeffFit70 wrote: »

Bench Press
    225 * 3 * 4
    255 * 1 * 1
    275 * 1 * 1
    285 * 1 * 1

BB ROWS
    175*3*6

Incline DB Bench Press
    70*2*8

Chin Ups
    BW*2*10

Biceps BB Curl
    80*2*8

Skullcrushers
    80*2*8

DB Lateral Raises
    15*1*12
    20*1*12

3 Mile Walk.
    1 Mile Run.

zimyxdexz28j.jpg

Lol... I'll take a 4-pack! I'm assuming 70*2*8 means 70# for 2 sets of 8?