crashing

I am finding that I am crashing anywhere between 10-12. I have lots of energy in the morning. I drink the BPC around 7ish. Not sure if this is just a temporary phase but it is definitely not like me. At this very moment I just feel sluggish.

Replies

• Wakey618
    Wakey618 Posts: 160 Member
    I'm new here - what is the BPC? Sorry I can't help with your sluggish problem.
  • wishfullthinking79
    wishfullthinking79 Posts: 322 Member
    @Wakey618 It is Bullet proof coffee. It consist of coffee, MCT oil, and butter.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Sounds like your morning rush of ketones has spent your sodium.
    About 9:30 might be a great time to get some salt in.
  • wishfullthinking79
    edited April 2016
    @Sunny_Bunny_ I guess I will have to see if that makes me feel any dfferent. I have been fasting from 630ish PM to 11 AM.
  • Buildingit3157
    Buildingit3157 Posts: 145 Member
    Will the salt thing always be a constant? Salty mouth is horrible. I drink water and salt like a job.
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Have you tried the type of salt/mineral supplement that athletes use? I use Enduralytes by Hammner nutrition -- particularly when do long distance biking or running, but also when I eat low carb. Has sodium, and other things like magnesium, etc.
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Also, I like the electrolyte drink (it is a powder) called Ultima Replenisher -- it is very natural, sweetened with a tiny bit of Stevia. I use it for long distance biking/running and also helps with lower carb eating.
  • Buildingit3157
    Merrysix wrote: »
    Have you tried the type of salt/mineral supplement that athletes use? I use Enduralytes by Hammner nutrition -- particularly when do long distance biking or running, but also when I eat low carb. Has sodium, and other things like magnesium, etc.

Oh, I have not. I am interested in something like that. I've been salting everything with pink himalayan salt as I know it has other minerals such a potassium magnesium etc I'd like to look into what you mentioned. Thanks
  • KarlynKeto
    KarlynKeto Posts: 323 Member
    I use this daily, put a few droppers in my water throughout the day. It really helps. Trace Minerals Research Liquid Ionic Potassium Supplement, 2 Ounce
  • Buildingit3157
    KarlynKeto wrote: »
    I use this daily, put a few droppers in my water throughout the day. It really helps. Trace Minerals Research Liquid Ionic Potassium Supplement, 2 Ounce

Thanks for sharing. I will look into this too.
  • MDAPebbles67
    MDAPebbles67 Posts: 181 Member
    You can also get sodium chloride pills and just take them several times a day.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    The MCT can sometimes make me crash, because it speeds up my metabolism, but I imagine that's related to my insulin resistance more than anything. I can't recall, were you tested for that at any point?
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Will the salt thing always be a constant? Salty mouth is horrible. I drink water and salt like a job.

Question about the water... Are you drinking because you're thirsty or because you're trying to reach a water intake goal?
    The more water you drink, the more salt you need. If you're drinking beyond your thirst, you could probably just drink less.. Then you won't be flushing out so much sodium either
  • Buildingit3157

Question about the water... Are you drinking because you're thirsty or because you're trying to reach a water intake goal?
    The more water you drink, the more salt you need. If you're drinking beyond your thirst, you could probably just drink less.. Then you won't be flushing out so much sodium either

I feel like I'm drinking water because I'm thirsty for the most part. I drink it throughout the night because I wake up thirsty or with salt mouth. That's why I asked about the Na intake. I didn't know if it alleviated. I'm a couple weeks in with ketosis.
  • Buildingit3157

Ah another idea, I might have to. I really dislike the mouth taste with salt and keto.. That's about the only thing that bothers me though!
  • Sunny_Bunny_

Ah another idea, I might have to. I really dislike the mouth taste with salt and keto.. That's about the only thing that bothers me though!

It's probably not the salt you're noticing. Most likely acetone from exhaled ketones.
  • Buildingit3157
    It's both. I don't like either. I get a headache and know it's time for some salt. 15 minutes later headache is gone. So salt all day, plus the keytone taste. I'd love to take what I need for salt supp then only have the key tone taste to worry about. Chewing fennel seed helps and it's good for digestion but no cure.
  • wishfullthinking79
    Wasn't there a recipe for a drink. I believe it was salt, salt substitute and flavor. I can't remember the measurements though. I can try that,when I get home. My head is now pounding too. I ate like 3 deli pepperoni slices but then I had to run back out the door.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    LC gatorade (water, Mio (or other 0-carb water flavoring), 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp NuSalt).

Nicknamed keto-ade... With water, to taste.
  • Buildingit3157
    Thanks for these ideas, much appreciated.
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    I don't remember anyone suggesting bouillon. Lots of sodium in one cup. And it tastes good :)
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    There is always bone broth in my crock pot / fridge / freezer. When I start to feel like crap (low energy, headaches, fatigued, etc) I drink a cup. That typically does the trick!
  • wishfullthinking79
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    LC gatorade (water, Mio (or other 0-carb water flavoring), 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp NuSalt).

Nicknamed keto-ade... With water, to taste.

Perfect. Thank you. Thats what I need. SOmething I can take with me. Because I am not at home typically when it happens.. And I have tried the keto-ade and I like it very much. taste just like gatorade to me.

I could probably do some chicken boilon but I dont see me being able to mess with the bone broth. I dont eat anything off a bone and I struggle with any kind of meat fat. I do not even buy meat on a bone unless I am making my son some white chili. I will boil the chicken thighs and use the meat and broth for the chili.. But then again I always remove the skin first.