Golden Tickets week 6

Options
Melodieccurn
Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
We only have three weeks left.
Amazing race week 6
This week we are headed off to India. We have 3904 miles to go this week.
We have put teams 4 and ten together and 7 and nine. Every one else remains the same, I did not want to split any team up and the miles will be based on 10 or more players.
This week is about relaxation . Road block one is relaxation yoga. We will be doing one video every week til end of challenge. This is worth 25 points.

https://youtu.be/WfzS2Ov6_1o

Roadblock two is a sleep exercise . You only need to do this once but feel free anytime you need to relax this week. If you are like me you go to bed after a long day and think of your day and what you need to do tommorow. Relaxation and sleep is so important to weight loss. This is also worth 25 points.

https://youtu.be/y8LIbeKQ60U

Extra credit. Nutritional is about spices. I want you to try one new spice this week versus salt. It can be Indian like curry or something else. We will have a post and let us know what and how you used it. 10 pts

Accountability
For those that took measurements or pics retake those measurements and see how you improved. Those that did the preassessment challenge time to do a re evaluation and let us know how you did or need to improve. 10 pts

Replies

• BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I did the sleep video last night because it just sounded like a great way to start the week. I got to the last chakra but I think I fell asleep before the video ended. I'll definitely be doing it again this week - I am super busy getting my students ready for state testing and the stress is starting to hit so yoga and meditation are coming at the perfect time!
  • RachaelB11
    RachaelB11 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good ones! I love yoga.....and sleep!
  • Dex_
    Dex_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm excited for this week, lots of good stuff here!
  • BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I took my measurements before this started, but since I can't run, do push-ups or squats right now, I'm going to use those instead of the pre-assessment test. Since starting this round I've lost another inch from my bust, two inches from my waist, 1.5 inches from my hips, 1 inch from my belly, and just half an inch from my thigh.
  • obxsrfrgrl
    obxsrfrgrl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    @Melodieccurn I didn't see a discussion for the nutrition this week. Are you going to be starting one or do we just post here?
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    obxsrfrgrl wrote: »
    @Melodieccurn I didn't see a discussion for the nutrition this week. Are you going to be starting one or do we just post here?

Here it is:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10369464/spice-it-up-challenge#latest

• Melodieccurn
    Options
    BJerzy wrote: »
    I took my measurements before this started, but since I can't run, do push-ups or squats right now, I'm going to use those instead of the pre-assessment test. Since starting this round I've lost another inch from my bust, two inches from my waist, 1.5 inches from my hips, 1 inch from my belly, and just half an inch from my thigh.

That is awesome!
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    mswanger09 wrote: »
    obxsrfrgrl wrote: »

Here it is:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10369464/spice-it-up-challenge#latest
    Thanks!
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options

Accountability
    For those that took measurements or pics retake those measurements and see how you improved. Those that did the preassessment challenge time to do a re evaluation and let us know how you did or need to improve. 10 pts

Where would you like us to update this information? I was unable to do the pre-assessment test, but I did take before pictures.
  • christabeltoria
    christabeltoria Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have lost three inches from my waist and 2.5 from my hips. I took a photo at the beginning, and will be taking another one this week. Too busy today to go and find the same or similar clothes and do it, but will definitely do it. I feel different, so I hope I look different also.
  • jenniferstavich
    jenniferstavich Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm stoked on this!
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I took my measurements . I lost 1 inch from my hips 1/5 inch from my belly, 1.5 inches from thighs and 1 inch from waist. The scale isn't going down much, but my clothes are fitting loser.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Yoga, relaxation n spices done. Measurements n weight back where I started challenge, after girls weekend. Understand consequences of my choices better: starting to understand which foods react poorly with me etc. My before from 6 mths ago is a stark contrast to anytime this year. Healthier, even if measures of success don't show that.
This discussion has been closed.