Not ready to let go

Options
shinycrazy
shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
I'm on Tanzeum, which is in the same class as the weight loss drugs, works the same but is for those with type 2 diabetes. Well, I've lost 70 lbs since taking this med (106 total ). It's been a huge help. Now, my blood sugar is starting to get lower, in the 70s all the time. I don't feel bad, other than being freezing cold. My endo says once I start getting in the 60s it's time to change tactics. She even offered to take me off in January since my numbers were so good, but I wanted the help. Now, I'm getting close to needing to go off of it and I'm worried that I won't lose at the same rate any more. Or that I'll stall. Or gain! Just needed to vent. I know in my head this is a good thing, but the vain part of me doesn't want to let it go! Thanks for reading.

Replies

• stamac79
    stamac79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I won't be ready to let go of saxenda, I just started in February....how long were you on Tanzeum for?
  • shinycrazy
    Options
    stamac79 wrote: »
    I won't be ready to let go of saxenda, I just started in February....how long were you on Tanzeum for?

I've been on it since September 2015. I have it for free through December 2015 (patient assistance program). So I need to be off it by then. My insurance doesn't cover it.
  • ChrissyB4848
    ChrissyB4848 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Frickity frack. I can't even imagine letting go of saxenda. How close are you to having to come off of it?
  • shinycrazy
    Options
    Not sure, my endo doesn't want my blood sugar in the 60s and I've had a couple that low this week. I just need to eat more fruit to up my carbs without a lot if calories. I'm sure in August I'll have to go off it. Which is really my goal, but then I'll have to get to my goal without it cause losing 50 lbs by August is not realistic.
  • ChrissyB4848
    ChrissyB4848 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Could you maybe switch to Saxenda? Or does it even matter which it is? I've lost 35 since February, you could potentially lose 50 by August. Who knows maybe you'll hit a happy place before then? I feel so frustrated for you. I'm also fortunate that my husband's insurance covers anti obesity drugs that are prescribed by a Dr. I'm also fortunate that my Dr is overweight so he understands all of my pains. I weighed more than him in February and now I weigh less than him. I am going to see him on the 21st. I had a little episode yesterday that made me think that my blood sugar was low and I don't really want to tell him about it.. If it happens again I will. I fear coming off of this too. It would be so frustrating to come off of it when you are finally making such great strides. I'm on your side, my friend. I probably should have just pm'd you lol.

shinycrazy wrote: »
    Not sure, my endo doesn't want my blood sugar in the 60s and I've had a couple that low this week. I just need to eat more fruit to up my carbs without a lot if calories. I'm sure in August I'll have to go off it. Which is really my goal, but then I'll have to get to my goal without it cause losing 50 lbs by August is not realistic.

• shinycrazy
    Options
    I've thought about going on the weight loss version after tanzeum. I'll have to see what my insurance will cover. I just need to suck it up and do it the old fashioned way and realize it's going to be slower and that's that. Thanks for listening!
  • KC5115
    KC5115 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Is it something you can try and slowly cut back on dosage to "ween" off of it? Maybe your body will still act the same since you have been on it for awhile.
  • shinycrazy
    Options
    KC5115 wrote: »
    Is it something you can try and slowly cut back on dosage to "ween" off of it? Maybe your body will still act the same since you have been on it for awhile.

Not sure. It's only a once a week injection and I'm on the lowest dose. Once it starts make my blood sugar levels very low, I will have to stop. I need to see it as a good thing because my body is better able to deal with my blood sugar on its own, I just like the "side effects " of the drug, weight loss!