Share an easy recipe?!

Options
NadiaMayl
NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
So this morning I went to the gym and I felt like I deserved to give a little extra time to cook something nice... being that my workout was a good one, and all! So this is what I came up with:

Quinoa Medley
-1 cup of quinoa (cook as instructed, 2 cups of water, boil and then simmer for about 15 min.)
- Saute (with 1 tbs of coconut oil) 1 container of mushrooms, add 1 bunch bok choi (sorry, spelling), 2 cups of baby spinach, 1/2 lb of sugar snap peas and 1 tbs of pine nuts. Seasoned with a Tbs of english sauce and 1 Tbs low sodium soy sauce... cook everything until it's tender.
Serve the veggie mix on a plate and then add the quinoa on top and wiggle it in there.

hehehe, I know I know, I need to work on my recipe writing and editing! It was sooooo quick and tasty!
I estimated that this renders about 4-6 servings, depending if you use it as a side or as a main meal. I counted 2 servings for my lunch!
Anyone else have a quick and tasty suggestion out there?! =)

Replies

• heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I eat so boring lol ? chicken and veggies every night lol I'd like to see what everyone comes up with too :)

One thing I kind of made up for lunch that I enjoy is ground turkey cooked with garlic and onions until brown, I pop a sweet potato in the microwave for 12 mins ( my produce store only carries HUGE sweet potatoes) and I steam some broccoli until it starts to get mushy , mash it all together in a bowl.....so yummy!
  • Kerryatoon
    Kerryatoon Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Yum! I have a free kitchen at work and they have great sandwich stuff, lean deli meats and yummy cheese, and I've found using romaine leaves instead of bread, a splash of vinegar and brown mustard instead of mayo makes for a nice fresh tasting sandwich. Sometimes we have some sweet peppers or cilantro which I can add to spice things up. That's my "cooking" for today.. Lol!
  • Allie6011012
    Allie6011012 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    yum! I totally need to get more adventurous with my food. What is English Sauce? or something comparable to it?
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    English sauce = Worcester sauce. Hehe that's what we call it in Spanish.
  • heatherc369
    Options
    I started this group awhile ago, its been inactive but feel free to join or just take a look .

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/17623-easy-healthy-recipes
  • Allie6011012
    Options
    ahh i see :smile:
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    My food choices are fairly boring, I have 2 whole eggs made into an omelet with baby spinach leaves for breakfast most days. I put a bit of salt,pepper, ground flax seed and turmeric in the mix.

Rest of day tends to involve steamed veg, fish, coconut oil, more salad etc.

I kind of like it boring, it makes me less likely to want more. I have a long history of major binge eating disorder and various food intolerances so boring is safest for me.
  • AZI1983
    AZI1983 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    So I got stuck in YouTube for a few hours tonight and stumbled across a bunch of vegan/vegetarian recipes - many with the title easy/and routine in them. I personally am not either, but was for 8 years and have to give props to those who eat right vs. eat lots of carbs and processed foods... I was an adolescent without the Internet, go figure!
    Anyways, I thought of you when you said healthy and easy so here is one lady I kinda fell in love with! She's not only super energetic but has some great ideas and lots of free recipes on her site. Hope your find something you enjoy! https://youtu.be/msavu41M1V0
  • Allie6011012
    Options
    im a huge fan of slow cookers, I feel like I get so many different veggies in !
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    OMG!!!! I discovered, yesterday, the beauty of microwaving a sweet potato!!!!!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    NadiaMayl wrote: »
    OMG!!!! I discovered, yesterday, the beauty of microwaving a sweet potato!!!!!

that is how I always do it!!! lol

• heatherc369
    Options

I made this Saturday, so yummy!!!
  • NadiaMayl
    Options

That looks really good! I might give it a try tomorrow!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    NadiaMayl wrote: »

That looks really good! I might give it a try tomorrow!

Girl it was AMAZING! the whole family enjoyed it, even my 6 year old!
  • LilDebbieG71
    LilDebbieG71 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm planning an easy snack for this evening. I'll be mixing 2 wedges of garlic and herb Laughing Cow cheese with a half can of tuna....heating it up....then using it as a hot dip with celery. I'll let you know how it turns out. If it turns out well, that would def fall in the category of easy recipes :)
  • heatherc369
    Options
    I'm planning an easy snack for this evening. I'll be mixing 2 wedges of garlic and herb Laughing Cow cheese with a half can of tuna....heating it up....then using it as a hot dip with celery. I'll let you know how it turns out. If it turns out well, that would def fall in the category of easy recipes :)

Wow, that sounds awesome! Please let us know!
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    I just made the easiest dish (or snack) ever! Bag of Trader Joes steamed lentils in a bowl, spread them evenly. Add 1/2 jar of trader joes bruschetta on top, spread evenly. Add some low fat crumbled goat cheese on top and spread evenly! It's like a 3-layer dip! It soooo tasty and filling. I got a plate full of lettuce (I like the butter lettuce, it's crunchy and refreshing) and added the lentil mix to it and loved it! I should've taken a picture!! Hahaha I'll probably have the same for dinner, so if I remember, I'll take a pic! You can substitute for any other brand, of course, I just happened to be at Trader Joes (man, I love that place)!!!
  • NadiaMayl
    Options

Do let us know! I need a pen easy dip for tomorrow's book club!!! :D
  • LilDebbieG71
    LilDebbieG71 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The verdict is in on my evening snack....it was good!! I thought it would be a little more flavourful than it was, so I upped the ante by adding a little Franks Red Hot Buffalo Wing sauce on top. I was a yummy and satisfying treat! I will definitely make it again :) Let me know if any of you give it a try!