Day 2!

Options
Weights4me
Weights4me Posts: 43 Member
I'm back in the game (residual sickness lingering) and decided what better way to jump back in than yoga! A whole lotta stretching to lengthen the muscles, and get my airways opened up!

I'm joining a 10:15 class and will bring my own mat and perhaps my barre socks inspired by TheHoss's newly purchased (much loved) yoga socks.

Be well Fitshizzle peeps (LOVE that name btw) and crush it!!!

Replies

• amphilion
    amphilion Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Day 2 - will post my weight this evening once I have stepped on that damn machine :)

Busy evening coming up at the gym:

Warm up of 15 minutes on the bike at level 7
    Arm day:
    Superset # 1
    3*15*15lbs lat pull down
    3*15*8lbs butterfly pull back
    3*15*15lbs squat with lateral pull twist

Superset # 2
    3*15*35lbs thrust
    3*15*10lbs abdominal back lift
    3*15*15lbs(times per arm) push-up on ball

Superset # 3

3*15 90degrees leg up
    3*15 abs cycling twist

have a great day two gang

• RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Gym night tonight. Will be doing strength training.
  • sprale
    sprale Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I danced for about 40 minutes.
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    My strength training this month uses something called a Breaking Point. It focuses on one muscle group (today it's back) and uses 2 groups of 3 different exercises, each with a point value per rep assigned:

Group A:

Assisted Pullups (approx. 60% of body weight) = 1/2 pt.
    Bodyweight Pullups = 1 pt.
    BW + 40% Pullups = 1.5 pts.

(No kipping! Each pullup must start and end in a dead hang)

Group B:

Barbell Row (10-12 rep max) = 1/2 pt.
    Dead Rows (Same weight as above) = 1 pt.
    Split Stance Barbell Row (Same weight as above) = 1.5 points.

You basically pick an exercise from A and perform to failure, then pick one from B and perform to failure, then back to A, back to B, etc.

You can pick any from each group but you can't do an exercise 2x in a row (i.e. you can't do assisted pullups from A, Barbell Row from B, then back to assisted pullups; you must do one of the other exercises from A next).

This is a timed workout, and there isn't any scheduled rest so the cardio effect kicks in pretty quickly. The first 1/3 of the workout you're humming along, then your numbers start to dip and the workout stretches out!

When you hit 205 points (The Breaking Point) you're done! Later in the month I'll try to beat this time.

I did this workout in 45m 38s. (I had to quit weighted pullups pretty early on). After this a bit of ab work. Here's the numbers. Have a great day, everyone!59pj4bfxniap.png
  • nicolemarie999
    nicolemarie999 Posts: 91 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Day 1 for me was a disaster, no exercise due to a cold, a coworkers birthday so pizza and cup cakes for lunch and an anniversary dinner to my favorite restaurant for bacon wrapped scallops and steak!

Day 2 I'm doing a little PiYo and trying to make my 1000 step goal. Also commited to making a spinach and kale smoothie for breakfast instead of my typical butter croissants for the 30 days.

Hoping day 3 I'm well enough for a real work out.
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    day 1 & 2 - I have done insanity month 2 for both. Eating has been mainly clean - so pretty good start so far
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I brought my kids to our favorite ice cream shop and sat there eating a protein bar instead. I cried a little inside, but right now I'm pretty happy I made the right call.
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Day 2

I don't weight every day.

Calories: 2520 maintenance.

Excersize: p90x Chest and Back.

After all the push ups yesterdays Insanity max plyo it made today RUFF. My pull ups still suck and I can only do one or two unassisted.

Food today is so far easy. Already planned out dessert and still have 1k calories for dinner. :smiley:
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Day 2
    Stayed within calories. Got over 26,000 steps! Macros were good not perfect but good!
  • Weights4me
    Weights4me Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    betheriver wrote: »
    I brought my kids to our favorite ice cream shop and sat there eating a protein bar instead. I cried a little inside, but right now I'm pretty happy I made the right call.

• amphilion
    amphilion Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Day 2 - Weight 201.3lbs! I will be weighing in every friday evening before my yoga class! Not bad since March 18th down from 207lbs! darn proud of myself so far.

Busy evening coming up at the gym:

Warm up of 15 minutes on the bike at level 7
    Arm day:
    Superset # 1
    3*15*15lbs lat pull down
    3*15*8lbs butterfly pull back
    3*15*15lbs squat with lateral pull twist

Superset # 2
    3*15*35lbs thrust
    3*15*10lbs abdominal back lift
    3*15*15lbs(times per arm) push-up on ball

Superset # 3