Bulletproof Coffee - ANYWHERE - ANYTIME - New Powdered versions of your add-ins

Options
KnitOrMiss
KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
So, there's an article out saying that they are making MCT & grassfed butter into a powdered creamer form that you can use on the go!

Check it out and see what you think. http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-24603/exclusive-now-you-can-make-bulletproof-coffee-anytime-anywhere.html

Replies

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Getting powder from oil seems like too much chemistry to me :huh:
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Sorbitol? I'll pass.
    I see this causing people some "disaster pants" episodes. Lol
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    $1.78/serving.
    Cheaper than Starbucks...I guess.
    I wonder how that compares with his reg beans and you assembling your own.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    From what I read, it was an additive TO coffee, not to water, @baconslave...

And yeah, @Sunny_Bunny_ - the sorbitol got my eyebrow raised, too...

@kirkor I had wondered about that myself...it says it adds some kind of insulin resistant starch...
  • missabbyb
    missabbyb Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've been freezing my bullet oils so it is on the go for me. I just drop in the ice cube into my coffee add a littlecream and im out the door.
  • KnitOrMiss
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ya know, at this point, haven't we learned that convenience items are not a good idea generally speaking? I mean, they always take something good and develop a lazy version of it and in the process, it becomes not so good anymore...

I agree. With the quality of shaker cups and the ability to form, freeze, and then let rest in the fridge our own "bulletproof fat bombs" to be added to fresh brewed coffee, this really should be a non-issue unless you're at say, Starbucks or where-the-heck-ever-you-cool-coffee-aficionados-go, in which case you can normally have them add heavy cream, sometimes Kerrygold butter, and if you carry on, even 1 oz packets of coconut oil. As long as you "swish" the cup before drinking, it's not usually an oil slick...LOL.

Edited to add - my thought was for traveling or something where carrying things with you might not be as easy - or procuring the necessities upon arrival. Like most convenience items, they are not intended for every day use!
  • KarlynKeto
    KarlynKeto Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Ya know, at this point, haven't we learned that convenience items are not a good idea generally speaking? I mean, they always take something good and develop a lazy version of it and in the process, it becomes not so good anymore...

+1 I still get suckered into them from time to time, though.
  • KarlynKeto
    KarlynKeto Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    missabbyb wrote: »
    I've been freezing my bullet oils so it is on the go for me. I just drop in the ice cube into my coffee add a littlecream and im out the door.

Very clever! I don't do BPC, but I like your thinking
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    From what I read, it was an additive TO coffee, not to water, @baconslave...

O! Derp.
    Somebody needed some more caffeine in the brain.

Pffft, then.

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting for the day when we can just take one pill and it will have a whole days worth of nutrition in it with no need to eat at all. Or even better maybe a pump that automatically injects whatever it is to keep us running optimally at that time, like how the insulin pumps work. Would make life so much easier, and everyone would be healthy. Why hasn't that been invented yet? ;)
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    I'm still waiting for the day when we can just take one pill and it will have a whole days worth of nutrition in it with no need to eat at all. Or even better maybe a pump that automatically injects whatever it is to keep us running optimally at that time, like how the insulin pumps work. Would make life so much easier, and everyone would be healthy. Why hasn't that been invented yet? ;)

@auntstephie321 - because we're all too addicted to how good it feels to eat and be social and cook and all that. I guess that's the literal food is fuel, but it sure doesn't make my brain or belly happy to think about. Kicking the inconveniences, sure, but BLARGH...
  • WhatLouAte
    WhatLouAte Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Quest Nutrition also does coconut oil and MCT oil in powdered form too now.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    It just doesn't seem useful for me. I'm never in a space where I have access to coffee but not butter or HWC. True, I am not a brain octane user so I guess my butter and/or coconut oil coffee isn't technically BPC anyway.

At work, I just keep my stuff in the fridge/break room. If I'm out and about and the coffee shop serves carbs, that typically means they have actual butter as well (I ask.) I've even brought a Tupperware of coconut oil and butter to a meeting at a different branch. It wasn't hard...
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I took butter and hwc to keep at work today, along with some boiled eggs in case hunger strikes! :smile:

I'm leary of the powdered forms too! The additives get me!