Progress Photos

Options
As part of our extra credit points this week, we are supposed to check on our progress either by doing our photos or checking up on the pre-assessment. I've had someone on my team ask where to post the progress photos, so I figured it'd be a good idea to start a discussion where people can share them! Great for motivation!!

I'm going to post my overall progress photos from the beginning of my journey - not just from this challenge group because I'm waiting until the end of it to compare it to my beginning ones!
This is Summer 2013 Ashley before she realized her weight was becoming an issue - even after seeing this photo, remained in denial. No clue what I weighed.
2013.6.14_zpsczqqxg7h.jpg

Here's the first progress photo, from February 2014 at 169.2 pounds
2.3.14%203%2036-35-40_zpsn0xwhmca.jpg
2.3.14%202%2036-35-43_zpsakns0r13.jpg

And more recently at 149.4 pounds
MFP_zpsntfyjxkx.jpg
IMG_4044_zpswazmuwu2.jpg

Certainly a much happier version of myself!
2015.2.3%20147_zpsvowguzbf.jpg

Still have a ways to go, but I'm on the right track! And I've got these challenges and @Melodieccurn to thank for keeping me accountable!!

Replies

• Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    As part of our extra credit points this week, we are supposed to check on our progress either by doing our photos or checking up on the pre-assessment. I've had someone on my team ask where to post the progress photos, so I figured it'd be a good idea to start a discussion where people can share them! Great for motivation!!

I'm going to post my overall progress photos from the beginning of my journey - not just from this challenge group because I'm waiting until the end of it to compare it to my beginning ones!
    This is Summer 2013 Ashley before she realized her weight was becoming an issue - even after seeing this photo, remained in denial. No clue what I weighed.
    2013.6.14_zpsczqqxg7h.jpg

Here's the first progress photo, from February 2014 at 169.2 pounds
    2.3.14%203%2036-35-40_zpsn0xwhmca.jpg
    2.3.14%202%2036-35-43_zpsakns0r13.jpg

And more recently at 149.4 pounds
    MFP_zpsntfyjxkx.jpg
    IMG_4044_zpswazmuwu2.jpg

Certainly a much happier version of myself!
    2015.2.3%20147_zpsvowguzbf.jpg

Still have a ways to go, but I'm on the right track! And I've got these challenges and @Melodieccurn to thank for keeping me accountable!!
    Ashley you are doing fantastic! You worked very hard!
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    @SmashleyM914, thank you for starting this thread!

This picture was taken Christmas Day 2015, this was a few day after I decided that January 1st I was going to make a change-again. (I am on the far right)0xn5uq1qt5rj.jpeg

The picture on the left was taken March 5th and the one on the right was taken on April 6th.

oeuakfhtnyyu.jpeg

I still have a while to go before my goal weight, but I am proud of how far I have come in the last few months! So happy to not be carrying the extra 29 pounds around any more!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    @mswanger09 you've made some awesome progress!!
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    @mswanger09 you've made some awesome progress!!

Thank you! So have you!
  • carsonlinds1990
    carsonlinds1990 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You guys have done sooooo awesome!! How incredible!! Way to go you guys keep up the great work.
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    @mswanger09 Great pics!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I did my pre-assessment a little differently. I used my pants' size (because my waist is my worst problem!!),
    and my ability to hike a certain hill & dance a certain Zumba song without gasping for breath and having my
    face turn beet red. I'm happy to report that with my 9 pound weight-loss (so far in this race), I have dropped
    two sizes in my pants!! I also go up the hill without even thinking about it, have put away my inhaler,
    and have upped the intensity of my Zumba workout from low to high. I feel great too!! B)

• lupie777
    lupie777 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Wow great job ladies!!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    I did my pre-assessment a little differently. I used my pants' size (because my waist is my worst problem!!),
    and my ability to hike a certain hill & dance a certain Zumba song without gasping for breath and having my
    face turn beet red. I'm happy to report that with my 9 pound weight-loss (so far in this race), I have dropped
    two sizes in my pants!! I also go up the hill without even thinking about it, have put away my inhaler,
    and have upped the intensity of my Zumba workout from low to high. I feel great too!! B)

Awesome!!
  • ashorey87
    ashorey87 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    bfvnbkxt5q0u.jpeg

Feb 4th vs April 4th! Bye bye back fat and hello shrinking belly! 25lb difference.
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Ok, NOT brave enough to do underwear shots... maybe in my next life. Here is one from October 2015 the night before the Cocoa Beach Half Marathon. I'm the BIG girl over on the right. The rest of this motley crew are my sisters, niece, nephew, brother and step mom.
    12718084_10209604735020938_9103009996008735779_n.jpg?oh=d307c6378140121aa756657d8faf63bb&oe=5781D848

This one is the exact same clothes, taken earlier this evening.

13015626_10209604735060939_458530629022090735_n.jpg?oh=ebc778ecfdfce3cfcff6b25b3af39db8&oe=57B5F889

Still have a long way to go, but things are getting better! I definitely need to get out in the sun, or swear off wearing khaki for the rest of my life. It clashes with all the blue veins in my legs.
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Well I did take before pictures but then my phone dropped this past weekend and I lost everything on my phone including my pictures so I can not post those. But I did do the workout pre-assessment.

Run 1 mile:
    Pre: 10:00mins
    Mid: 9:30

Sit ups in a min:
    Pre: 38 crunches
    Mid: 30 full sit ups

Plank:
    Pre: 1:00min
    Mid: 1:15

Push Ups
    Pre: 10 modified
    Mid: 8 regular 11 modified

Custom goal
    Pre: Run a 5k (3.5miles)- running/jogging whole time
    Mid: Ran 3 miles in 35mins with some walking.

Alrighty I believe that's it :-) everyone is looking great!!
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »

Big non scale victories! Congrats!
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    Everyone is doing fantastic!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    Great work everyone!! :D
  • Rossergirl
    Rossergirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! B)
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I don't have pics and did the midway assessment on week 4 so don't think just posting that will count so I am going with measurements... wish I had taken them at the very start of the challenge but took them at week 4 when I did the midway assessment. From that point till now, I have only seen a drop of 5lbs but I have seen a 1inch decrease in my waist (belly button area), hips and what I call my small waist (the smallest part of that midsection) I had a 1/2 inch drop in my chest and my right thigh. My left was already smaller and somehow it got .3 bigger (or I measured off one of those times). My arms showed the least change, nothing on my right arm and a .2 of an inch change on my left. I know changes are happening and was discouraged about the lack of scale movement, but when I compared these, I realized I was making changes.
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    **the weight loss was from start - the measurements were just from 3/28... should have previewed and reread before posting!
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I did not take photos so I'll post a NSV. This week I dragged out my sewing machine & altered some too big shirts & scrub tops. Now they fit me better & don't hide my 20# weight loss. It's funny that I'm now getting compliments on "cute" clothes that I've been wearing all along!!