Comfortable bra suggestions needed

Options
SamandaIndia
SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
Excited to be at a healthy weight. One recent challenge I have is my underwire bras are all becoming uncomfortable. 32D or 32DD is current size. My max was 34D. Wire between breasts tends to create pain by end of day. Any great brands?? I will be in Houston in 2 weeks so lots of shopping options. In europe now.

Replies

• wishfullthinking79
    wishfullthinking79 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    You know what I have been experiencig this as well. I bought two amazing bras from victoria secrets. They are pretty pricey but totally worth it. I am definitely going to buy a few more. I am a 34 DDD which means its sometimes impossible to find a bra that fits just right. Victoria secrets have so many different styles to choose from.
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    Thanks @wishfullthinking79 I will check them out. I took measurements of my ribs n chest and based on that, according to 2 measurement websites, I should wear a 30E, (no wonder I am having issues with current bras) Next to find out if they are available! Wish me luck. I will investigate victoria secrets n report back.
  • Aakani
    Aakani Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I recommend the "Body" by Victoria Secret bras, if you want to focus on a specific line. Their T-shirt bras that are around $30 aren't very comfortable for me (32DD), and I would opt for the more expensive bras with a little bit more coverage for comfort. Though I recently got a much cheaper Maidenform bra off of Amazon, and it is holding up similarly. I would recommend it!
  • eadams103
    eadams103 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a small band, 32 usually, maybe 30.

Anyway I'm kinda between a ddd and dd now.

I love Chantelle bras. I have a few of the rive gauche plunge one

But recently I bought this one from natori. It's the medium support underwire sports bra. It's like heaven. And it looks amazing under clothes. It's my new everyday bra.

My size has dropped considerably and I need comfort and support. This delivers. Good luck!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I wear vintage bras, from the days when bra makers knew how to shape a supportive cup without an underwire, Aubade, and La Perla. I'm a 30-32b, and a lot of American brands don't even come in my size, or, if they do, are padded out to look a cup size or two larger. If you're in Europe, stock up on French and Italian bras!
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34DD and I hate bra shopping! I actually go into those boutique shops and get fitted. I've tried VS and Soma.. but if you can believe, I have actually found Gillian Omally bras at Target and I really like them and for the money you really can't beat it. If you want sexy.. then Yes I have quite a few from VS.
  • mkozmik
    mkozmik Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Aakani wrote: »
    I recommend the "Body" by Victoria Secret bras, if you want to focus on a specific line. Their T-shirt bras that are around $30 aren't very comfortable for me (32DD), and I would opt for the more expensive bras with a little bit more coverage for comfort. Though I recently got a much cheaper Maidenform bra off of Amazon, and it is holding up similarly. I would recommend it!

I also wear maidenform bras....34D....and I get them at either Target or Kohl's. I guess I never thought of ordering them from Amazon. Great idea @Aakani!

My workout bras are Moving Comfort, Fiona 34D as well. Although they don't seem to give in the band over time. So I may try a 36 C so I have a little more flexibility to breathe when I run. Overall they have had great support, are not underwire, and I would wear them exclusively because they are so comfortable.
  • cara4fit
    cara4fit Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    If you have a Nordstrom's near you go for a bra fitting(it's free) - it is SO worth it and they don't put any pressure on you to buy either. They're trained to do the fittings in a way that say, VS sales people aren't, and are usually really sympathetic. Fully 80% of women are wearing the wrong size bra, and it makes a real difference in both appearance, and personal comfort when one finds the right one. It's an ongoing myth that bras have to be THAT uncomfortable the way so many people say. If a bra truly fits, it shouldn't be that way - should just feel nice and snug. A whole lot of the problems that people complain about with underwire bras is that they're wearing the wrong size to begin with, for one thing.
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    Mission accomplished. Expensive, yes. Got fitted and purchased 4 very comfortable bras in less time than my husband took to order and collect his starbucks coffee almost next door to shop... priceless!

http://www.topdrawerlingerie.com/

For example:
    http://topdrawerlingerie.com/bras/t-shirt/010-1339-marie-jo-jane-contour-balconette-bra.html

Beige n black t shirt bras, the aqua blue one on link above and a strapless bra. I had sports bras in archive so no need to shop for bras for a couple of years. :) thanks for your tips ladies.

• wishfullthinking79
    wishfullthinking79 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Update: since I posted on February 28th my bra size has gone from 34DDD to 34DD. Shocking how quickly it happened.
  • BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Before I could wear Victoria secrets bras I used to shop lane Bryant for bras.
  • Chubby_bunnyy
    Chubby_bunnyy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    T-shirt bras are the best. Calvin Klein makes great ones. Maidenform makes pretty good ones