Your most filling healthy snacks?

Jeneba
Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
Would love some suggestions! I am feeling like The Bottomless Pit lately... Hunger inevitably leads to a binge, so - your ideas?

Thanks!

Replies

• crunch173
    crunch173 Posts: 13 Member
    I'm trying really hard to eat much cleaner these days, and I feel like my body is constantly craving sugar. So, I totally understand the bottomless pit feeling. I make sure to always cut up carrots, cucumbers and celery - and keep them at work or keep them in my purse. I've recently discovered a gluten free version of Fig Newtons called Figgies and Jammies. They're not bad.
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    I've taken a real liking to sugar snap peas, raw, straight from the bag. I'll eat an entire bag while watching a movie. Now that my taste buds have awakened from their salt-sugar-oil induced haze, I find vegetables taste much sweeter and with more range of taste than I used to notice. Peas (from frozen bag) is another good filler. Just peas, no salt or butter or anything. They're quite sweet. A green smoothie can also fill me up. I toss in as many greens (romaine, kale, spinach, celery, etc) as I can fit in my old VitaMix, along with a fruit or two. An orange is pretty filling, I think. If I can spare the calories, I munch on celery with peanut butter on it (plain old ground up peanuts, no extra salt or oil or sugar). Two tablespoons of peanut butter can fill six or seven celery stalks.
    When all else fails, I have a pot of tea (usually decaf) with some soy milk in it. Soothing.
  • ebender114
    ebender114 Posts: 3 Member
    I like sliced cucumbers, radishes or jicama with hummus. I usually combine a zero fat black bean by oasis, which is 11 calories per 2tbs with another, higher flavor and calorie hummus like zesty carrot sriracha or beet balsamic. It's a super filling snack under 120 calories or so. You could also easily make your own bean dips.