Introduce yourself!

aliceocean2
aliceocean2 Posts: 35 Member
We want to get to know each other better. Please take a minute to introduce yourself, your goals and motivations and something fun about you so we know a bit about everyone!

Replies

• JuliaCTurk
    JuliaCTurk Posts: 13 Member
    I will start! My name is Julie and when I first started my weight loss journey I had just been removed from a mentally abusive relationship that left me hurt and self conscious which I turned to food for! I started at 205 lbs and now I am 184, although I am not focused on the number I am focused on the fact, when I looked and felt my fittest I was 155! My goal is to look as a did even if that means 165! Also health is just something I faithfully feel God gives so my goal is so maintain that!

Something fun: I work for a ministry that send 1000+ students to Mexico for a mission every year for spring break, and we help send over 500 other people of all ages across to 19 different global partners, who love in other countries. E.x. Eastern Europe, Nigeria, Cambodia!

SO glad y'all have joined my challenge! I would love to encourage everybody by saying You got this and I bet y'all are so strong!
  • aliceocean2
    aliceocean2 Posts: 35 Member
    I'll follow :)
    My name is Cath, I'm 26 years old and from Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
    I've spent the last couple of years focusing on building my career in the entertainment industry, which means A LOT of work, stress, long days and short nights. Result: I have an amazing career, but my body took the hit.
    I want to get in shape and fit to keep up with my life's crazy pace, get healthy and to feel overall better in my body.

Something fun: my account name, Alice Ocean, is actually my stage name: I've been a Burlesque performer for a little over a year now, which is another motivation to get in better shape!

Can't wait to go though this adventure with you guys!
  • DragonShoe_GCole
    DragonShoe_GCole Posts: 138 Member
    edited March 2016
    Name: Gee
    Goals: 225lbs at 8% or less body fat

Something Fun: I actively train in MMA style combat and I'm currently undefeated. I'm currently on a cut and I'm doing so with a alkaline diet that already excludes the foods that this group excludes. I have secrete recipes that I plan to share that I (as well as my household) eat to make this transition easier (these recipes even include Vegan/Alkalizing ICE CREAM!! Yes I said naturally fruit sweetened - no processed sugar - ice cream).
  • thelewisgirl
    thelewisgirl Posts: 9 Member
    I'm Tammy from Ontario , Canada. I have a major sugar addiction. I've never met a cookie I didn't like. I would like to lose 10 to 15 lbs.

My something fun : I have 2 bouvier des Flandres named Stella and Georgina that I named after my grandparents.
  • KDJay188
    KDJay188 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi ~ I'm Kym from California! I'm loving this challenge as it's on point with my goal to eat this way as a lifestyle. I am now in a fight to reclaim my waistline and better health after years of eating highly processed foods. I now want to use organic, grass fed, and pasture raised foods as my medicine to heal myself. In addition to better food choices, I'm also incorporating intermittent fasting to help with lowering my insulin, glucose, and triglycerides. Fun Fact: I love hiking Mt. Tamalpais in Marin County and bicycling in Lake Tahoe.

• JuliaCTurk
    JuliaCTurk Posts: 13 Member
    Name: Gee
    Goals: 225lbs at 8% or less body fat

Something Fun: I actively train in MMA style combat and I'm currently undefeated. I'm currently on a cut and I'm doing so with a alkaline diet that already excludes the foods that this group excludes. I have secrete recipes that I plan to share that I (as well as my household) eat to make this transition easier (these recipes even include Vegan/Alkalizing ICE CREAM!! Yes I said naturally fruit sweetened - no processed sugar - ice cream).

I'm born and raised in Texas!
  • thelewisgirl
    thelewisgirl Posts: 9 Member
    KDJay188 wrote: »
    Hi ~ I'm Kym from California! I'm loving this challenge as it's on point with my goal to eat this way as a lifestyle. I am now in a fight to reclaim my waistline and better health after years of eating highly processed foods. I now want to use organic, grass fed, and pasture raised foods as my medicine to heal myself. In addition to better food choices, I'm also incorporating intermittent fasting to help with lowering my insulin, glucose, and triglycerides. Fun Fact: I love hiking Mt. Tamalpais in Marin County and bicycling in Lake Tahoe.

I fast too. Started on the 5:2 diet a couple of months ago and I now do 4:3.
  • puglife456
    puglife456 Posts: 127 Member
    Hi all- my name is Libby. I have about ten to fifteen pounds left to lose and to do this I want to cut out processed sugar and junk food. I've done this once before for a few months and I've never felt better, but then life got in the way and I fell back into old habits. Now, I'm allowing a few sugary snacks in my diet to hopefully assure long-term success (I already have them picked out- honey, maple syrup, dark chocolate, flavored yogurt, s'mores, and the occasional birthday/special celebration treat).
    My fun fact is that I like to bike long distances and am currently training for my third century ride