Team 8 - Amazing Race

Options

Replies

• sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I really need to do the spice challenge... just haven't had time to be creative enough to work on a new dinner. Hopefully I will get something tomorrow or I'm going to end up with some creative tasting chicken for my salads next week... :#

I also need to get the relaxation sleep video in. It's been one of those weeks where I am up so late that when I get ready to head to bed, its all I can do to shower and lay down... before the alarm seems to be going off again. Not the best sleep week for me for sure. :(

@kaitkolo Good luck on your last two weeks of school!!! You can get through it and do a great job with the foods while you do it.. :)
  • sandkp
    Options
    Well... just as I posted this I jumped on FB to see what the news was I missed on the TV tonight... and this was the first thing on my feed... If I can find the spice, maybe this is my dinner tomorrow... just need to find this spice: chermoula (Moroccan pesto)
    North African Spiced Shrimp and Chickpea Salad
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Morning! I took the last 2 days as rest days - went for a couple short walks only. It was a much needed rest and now I feel good to go again! I felt so guilty yesterday, but even that 20 min walk felt like torture - I had to push myself to do it. Now that I think of it, I should have done the Yoga challenge. Ugh. Completely forgot about it. :s Anyway, here's to the weekend!
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Can't believe it is Saturday and I am still feeling crappy!! I rarely get sick and even with colds, only lasts 2-3 days. I went to the doctor on Thursday and he says it's the flu and a sinus infection, lucky me, NOT. I started antibiotics and a steroid nose spray but I am still filled up, coughing and no energy. I am eating some so that's a blessing and drinking lots of water. I honestly don't see me doing anything this week to help out our team, I feel bad for that but I just need to survive. Every day I hope for a better night's sleep and great improvements....it has to happen sooner or later. I will make it up next week though. Hope our team finishes the week strong. I will fill in my exercise time with zeroes so you don't have to wait on me to complete the week.
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Spent 30 minutes moving a mattress, bed spring, and broken desk down three flights of stairs into a van (and back out!), 45 mins running around a dog park, and a 45 minute walk to and from the supermarket. I'm exhausted!
  • BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,843 Member
    Options
    Awesome job @303lissy! I haven't heard of that Trader Joe's spice. How'd it go? How did everyone's dishes go? I made rice with herbs de province and it was tasty.

I finally did every roadblock - the yoga video is something I could actually do with no knee problems! So that was cool. I've actually done the sleep video four times this week. I have needed to relax this week and get more sleep so it worked out really well. They definitely help me fall asleep quickly (I don't make it through the whole video and I've only made it past the last chakra once, but I still think it counts because that's the whole point, right?).

@wahmx3 I hope you start to feel better soon. Not feeling well is just the pits so I'm sorry it's lagging so much. Sending good vibes your way!

@AnnmarieSimmons how's your week going?
  • Ahollowed
    Ahollowed Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Well i tried to do the sleep video but it lasted 5 minutes before i wanted to scream from my husband coughing snd moaning beside me. He has a cold. I really suck at meditating.

Also i did the plank, sit up, and push up test. Two out of the three i got worse at! So apparently i'm less fit and i've gained 1.4 lbs this week! Ugh!

Got to the gym, spent 2 hours in the garden, and another couple of hours chasing the kids around the park today so there's that.
  • enuf2
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Wow, nothing like leaving it all to the last minute. Story of my life :/
    Last 24 hours - sleep challenge,CHECK. Yoga challenge, CHECK. Spice it up challenge, CHECK! I need 81 minutes of exercise to do today to meet the goal. I've done a 66 already (part of that was yoga). Will have to fit in a quick walk later on.
    How is everyone else doing? Lets Finish strong, folks!!
  • 303lissy
    Options
    Woohoo to Rome we go! This June will mark five years since I went to Rome. I loved it there and am dying to go back!
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I am off to a great start!! Feeling so much better, 2.5 miles on the treadmill and a 30 minute routine of strength and stretching. Lets get this week going everyone. Hope you all stay healthy. Rome sounds exciting, I hope to get there some year on a cruise ship.
  • enuf2
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Let's keep it going this week everyone! I posted on the accountability challenge. Mine is have one healthy snack in the evenings. No more walking into pantry and grabbing a handful of crackers or a couple cookies, or chips...you get the drift! Had an orange last night, so good start! What are you all going to be accountable for the week?

Today and tomorrow are crazy days for me. So, this morning, I woke up early and went out for a walk at 5:30am!!! It was beautiful and so peaceful. Listening to all the birds waking up (as noisy as they are) is so.. delightful. I can't think of a better word right now...sorry, but it really is!! LOL!!

Hope you all have a delightful day! :)
  • BJerzy
    Options
    I'm trying both the water challenge and the logging challenge - my husband is in town so my food consumption gets really out of sorts because we go out to eat or make drinks at the house. I really want to try and log everything accurately and make sure my daytime habits are good so I can splurge a little in the evening with him.
  • 303lissy
    Options
    @enuf200 wow good for you for waking up that early! Anybody have any tips how to help get motivated and actually get out of bed in the mornings? I work about 5 minutes away from where I live so I have a tendency to roll out of bed a half hour before I have to be at work. 4am me has a tendency to wake up, be grumpy at the thought of waking up at 6/630/anything more than an hour before work, and I end up turning off my alarm. 4am me cannot be stopped or reckoned with :(
  • sandkp
    Options
    @wahmx3 so glad your feeling better. @303lissy no tips, I'm so not a morning mamma! But interested to hear others take on suggestions. @enuf200 great way to get it in. I'm doing the water as I found it slacking back off and I'm doing a sleep challenge... need to be in bed by midnight 3 nights... and that's a lot for me. And last I'm doing a put me first challenge on my exercise as I find myself doing mom things and then struggling to get my stuff done. @BJerzy have a great week with hubby... you got this!
  • enuf2
    Options
    I was just browsing the community message boards and came across this post. I found it to be a great read, hit home to me, so I thought i'd share it.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10373426/how-making-choices-has-helped-me-lose-over-80-pounds/p1
  • 303lissy
    Options
    @enuf200 that was an awesome read, thank you for sharing!
  • enuf2
    Options
    How's the week going for everyone? I am doing ok. Took a rest day from exercise yesterday. I was tired. Simple as that! Looking forward to the weekend - as this has been one crazy busy week around here. Happy Friday!!
  • BJerzy
    Options
    Sorry guys I've been MIA and had zero exercise this past week. My husband was in a motorcycle accident on tuesday. He's okay, but it's been a long few days.
  • 303lissy
    Options
    @BJerzy take all the time you need! I'll keep you guys in my thoughts <3

I weighed myself this morning and I'm down to 200.4! So close to seeing 19__. Soon!!
  • sandkp
    Options
    @BJerzy sorry to hear that.... wishing a speedy recovery. It's okay, sometimes life makes priorities change and we all understand.