Need Motivation

Options
celishe27
celishe27 Posts: 1 Member
edited April 2016 in Social Groups
Hey I am new to this group. I am looking to lose 50 pounds by the end of 2016 but my daily struggle is binge eating. I love food at all times of the day or night. I eat if I'm bored or stressed which is not helping me at all. Just looking for some motivation from others who have been there and can help me strive toward clean eating

Replies

• fatmah0708
    fatmah0708 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I struggle with binge eating as well, but we will change that. We have to get it right this time. Just stick to what you believe in. If you got stressed, just go for a walk or something
  • Sakismom
    Sakismom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am an emotional eater and I am a woman therefore I EAT lol I need to lose 50 pounds also, I started he Wild Diet yesterday which is clean eating/paleoish with snack options and treats. I started my day with Bullet Coffee which is coffee with coconut oil and Kerrygold Butter whipped up in the Vitamix blender. It sounds gross but tastes good and keeps me satisfied until lunch time. I also have a standing date at the gym Monday & Wednesdays with a trainer and I try to go at least one other day sometimes two. I am really determined to lose this 50 pounds and change my eating habits along the way.
  • jmm1977
    jmm1977 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I also tend to overeat when at home and am just plain BORED or watching TV. There's some sort of connection. HAHA If you would like, please add me! I have also just started a motiviation/accountability group on FB - looking for people who need the extra support or somewhere to just vent - in a more private setting with others who share a common goal!
  • bobbydunx
    bobbydunx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi celishe27. I carried an extra 50 pounds around for nearly 3 decades. I knew What I needed to do, I knew How I had to do it but I didn't have a strong enough Why to do it. Once I found a reason to do it (in my case it was being here to ensure I have the ability to walk both my daughters down the aisle one day and hopefully have their little ones call me "grampy" one day). It was only then, that I started to evaluate everything I put in my mouth - asking will this move me closer to/further away from my goal. Once you have that "why", the rest gets easier. Good luck - you can do this!
  • mem0403
    mem0403 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a huge binge eating problem. But I have made some big changes in my life, I started by seeing a holistic nutritionist and got my body used to eating only three times a day. I also don't keep any food in the house that I want to binge on. If it's not here I won't eat it. And sadly, I'm not gonna binge on broccoli. Its hard,so hard, I love tortilla chips and want to shove them in my face, but I feel so much better not eating crap all the time. Think about the reasons behind your binge eating. What hole are you trying to fill? What can you do other than eating. Drink tea and water. When I feel hungry I drink a nice big cup of green or herbal tea or drink some water. It's not easy, AT ALL. But you have willpower and you are strong you can do this.